Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

What does the phone app say when the status of “3” is available in Vera? That might be nothing more than a “in motion” type of code. The app shows Open, Closed, Opening, and Closing as the different status options.

If you’re talking about the MyQ app, it says door stopped. More specifically, “Stopped for [xx] minutes [hours]”. It appears to be a persistent status from Vera’s perspective to, as the web interface pops up the notification header “MyQ Gateway : MyQ Gateway Unexpected Door Status: 3” each time the MyQ device is polled.

The Chamberlain now acts like it has an invalid pw or device. Is it possible Chamberlain changed their stuff again preventing the app to work. Or should I delete it and add the app back on vera.

I wish Chamberlain would stop screwing around.

Imagine my surprise when my programed “Late night House Lockdown” scene failed to close the door and I woke up the next morning to an open Garage door.
Is it going to take someones house getting robbed or worse yet… someone raped or killed to get through to the people.

I wish the Vera could access the MYQ Device on the local level and not have to go thru the web API.
If its on my side of the firewall. I should be able to talk to it at the local LAN level.

Chris

Which is why when my Craftsman MyQ wall panel broke I shut it down and am just using the Telguard GDC1. Which talks directly to Vera so no internet connection needed.

Not only was that panel discontinued, requiring me to buy a whole new setup. They also started screwing with the API (intentionally I am pretty sure of) at that time breaking everyone’s plugins. Which was the final straw for me.

[quote=“cbaksa, post:804, topic:180826”]I wish Chamberlain would stop screwing around.

Imagine my surprise when my programed “Late night House Lockdown” scene failed to close the door and I woke up the next morning to an open Garage door.
Is it going to take someones house getting robbed or worse yet… someone raped or killed to get through to the people.

I wish the Vera could access the MYQ Device on the local level and not have to go thru the web API.
If its on my side of the firewall. I should be able to talk to it at the local LAN level.

Chris[/quote]

Chamberlain has an extremely limited partner list, and Vera isn’t on it. And, of the ones it DOES work with, all of the interaction is through the Internet. They do NOT advertise that you can have your door secured through integration with a controller like Vera, so your thoughts on “what it’s going to take” don’t hold any merit. In a nutshell, they never advertised (let alone promised) what you’ve come to expect as functional.

Further, Chamberlain PURPOSEFULLY changes the API periodically specifically to break unapproved integrations. By making it so that only approved third parties work reliably, they can charge a premium to be on that approved list.

Vera will never be able to access the MyQ device locally because MyQ is itself an Internet-based component. Yes, you have a piece of hardware in your house, but the actual use of the service from any sort of app or anything requires Internet access. The only way that you’d be able to control the door directly would be if it had a ZWave radio in it, or supported REST API’s through the WiFi interface for direct, unauthenticated control. And, as soon as THAT is supported, the lawsuits will begin because non-secured home WiFi’s can now be accessed by thieves to open garage doors.

Mine is doing the same as of last night. Hopefully cybrmage has the interest and time to continuing to update this plugin when MyQ decides to screw with the API and break things.

There has been no change to the MyQ API!

The plugin is working correctly, and I have verified functionality with GDO and lighting controls.

Chamberlain has been having back-end server issues that has resulted in intermittent operation of ALL interfaces (web/ IOS App / Android App / 3rd party interfaces) over the last several days.

I’m on UI7. Just installed this plugin for the first time. I doesn’t seem to be able to log in. I can access MyQ from both the mobile app and the web, so I know the password is correct. What should I do next?

Make sure you’re choosing the correct manufacturer in the plugin when setting credentials - that determines which of the various web sites the plugin attempts to log you in to.

Make sure you’re choosing the correct manufacturer in the plugin when setting credentials - that determines which of the various web sites the plugin attempts to log you in to.[/quote]

Is yours actually working? Mine is still down since friday.

Make sure you’re choosing the correct manufacturer in the plugin when setting credentials - that determines which of the various web sites the plugin attempts to log you in to.[/quote]

Is yours actually working? Mine is still down since friday.[/quote]

Mine is working fine and has been all along.

Mine is broken as well, was woking fine until now .I get the message “ERROR: Could not initialize connection” plus the devices got deleted from my UI.

Mine is working fine and has been all along.[/quote]

Do you have chamberlin doors? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well (even though my setup had been working for months uninterrupted) and still get "ERROR: Could not initialize connection. " just like above.

Yes, I have a Chamberlain WD1000 with WiFi and MyQ built in.

I’ve had issues in the past with authentication and such, but I have -NEVER- had the devices get deleted from Vera as a result.

Mine is broken as well, was woking fine until now .I get the message “ERROR: Could not initialize connection” plus the devices got deleted from my UI.
[/quote]

Same here.

I’ve got 2 wd750s. This is the first time I had Vera delete the doors as well. I tried reinstalling the plugin and rolling back to earlier versions as well with the same result.

Yes, first for me for my devices to be missing as well, I can only guess because it cannot connect, it cannot get the device list. The silly thing is that it does day “Last Auth Mon Nov 06 2017” so its authenticating but not connecting ?

I also unplugged my devices and plugged them back , that might have contributed to the devices been deleted.

I get the same… looking at the logs it looks like it gets an initial token, but then fails when trying to retrieve door info.

[size=8pt] 11/06/17 19:21:10.589 luup_log:59: MyQ Gateway: ID for liftmaster is 59 <0x73fe8520>
02 11/06/17 19:21:10.590 luup_log:59: MyQ Gateway: (MyQGateway::startupDeferred): ****** Startup completed ****** <0x73fe8520>
02 11/06/17 19:21:20.100 luup_log:59: (MyQGateway::justRefreshDoors): Starting status poll process. <0x73fe8520>
50 11/06/17 19:21:20.101 luup_log:59: MyQ Gateway: retrieveSecurityToken called <0x73fe8520>
50 11/06/17 19:21:20.101 luup_log:59: (MyQGateway::retrieveSecurityToken): requesting URL: [https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/User/Validate] Data [{“username”:““,“password”:””}] <0x73fe8520>
02 11/06/17 19:21:21.071 luup_log:59: (MyQGateway::retrieveSecurityToken): received response: {“SecurityToken”:“2040ca39-61c1-40f4-b86a-1e09a725874e”,“ReturnCode”:“0”,“ErrorMessage”:“”,“CorrelationId”:“02fe6d9c-31f7-4190-a827-d64b130f4581”} <0x73fe8520>
02 11/06/17 19:21:21.073 luup_log:59: (MyQGateway::retrieveSecurityToken): Retrieved security token! <0x73fe8520>
06 11/06/17 19:21:21.073 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 59 service: urn:macrho-com:serviceId:MyQGateway1 variable: Timestamp was: Mon Nov 06 2017, 19:21:09 now: Mon Nov 06 2017, 19:21:21 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x73fe8520>
06 11/06/17 19:21:21.084 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 59 service: urn:macrho-com:serviceId:MyQGateway1 variable: Timestamp was: Mon Nov 06 2017, 19:21:21 now: Mon Nov 06 2017, 19:21:21 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x73fe8520>
50 11/06/17 19:21:21.085 luup_log:59: MyQ Gateway: task Clearing… <0x73fe8520>
50 11/06/17 19:21:21.105 luup_log:59: MyQ Gateway: inspectDevices: called <0x73fe8520>
02 11/06/17 19:21:21.106 luup_log:59: (MyQGateway::inspectDevices): request [https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get?SecurityToken=2040ca39-61c1-40f4-b86a-1e09a725874e]. <0x73fe8520>
01 11/06/17 19:21:21.775 luup_log:59: (MyQGateway::inspectDevices): Failed call to the MyQ API, perhaps refresh of token needed? <0x73fe8520>
06 11/06/17 19:21:21.775 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 59 service: urn:macrho-com:serviceId:MyQGateway1 variable: numDoors was: ERROR: Could not initialize connection. now: ERROR: Could not initialize connection. #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x73fe8520>
06 11/06/17 19:21:21.776 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 59 service: urn:macrho-com:serviceId:MyQGateway1 variable: numLights was: Check brand, username and password. now: Check brand, username and password. #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1^C
[/size]

Count me in for the having an issue group. My child devices have disappeared.

The parent device shows:
Last Auth Mon Nov 06 2017, 20:14:59
Last Check Thu Nov 02 2017, 11:40:44

ERROR: Could not initialize connection. Check brand, username and password.

The MyQ app on my phone is working fine.

1. MyQ app in my VeraPlus Controller also stopped working. Anyone can take a look at this issue? Thanks.