Failed to save system configuration

Support fixed my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support fixed my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

How? Their answer to me was to upgrade the buggy release firmware to more buggy BETA firmware. I politely declined.

Not exactly sure but they logged in remotely. Afterwards it worked.

[quote=“nutshellml, post:63, topic:192737”]Not exactly sure but they logged in remotely. Afterwards it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Does anyone else see this as an issue? This appears to be how Support “resolves” many issues. Black Magic, apparently, and they don’t bother to tell you what was going on let alone what was done.

They may have upgraded the firmware to beta. Not sure but it’s working.

Ember1205,

As I posted earlier in this thread, that’s exactly what happened with my system, the tech logged on remotely, eventually fixed the problem and I never rec’d an answer as to what went wrong or how he/she fixed it.

Is this a problem you ask? Yeah, it would be nice to know what they did remotely to fix the issue, but to this layman, fixing the problem was paramount. I trust that the tech noted what he/she did and it got incorporated in the next update.

I’m glad that Vera is responsive to the users’ issues. The first HA system I tried did not have that level of support. That’s why I switched. As long as Vera continues to value their customers in this way, they can count on me to stick with them as their system evolves and improves.

[quote=“XA44Owq26HxCq88, post:66, topic:192737”]Ember1205,

As I posted earlier in this thread, that’s exactly what happened with my system, the tech logged on remotely, eventually fixed the problem and I never rec’d an answer as to what went wrong or how he/she fixed it.

Is this a problem you ask? Yeah, it would be nice to know what they did remotely to fix the issue, but to this layman, fixing the problem was paramount. I trust that the tech noted what he/she did and it got incorporated in the next update.

I’m glad that Vera is responsive to the users’ issues. The first HA system I tried did not have that level of support. That’s why I switched. As long as Vera continues to value their customers in this way, they can count on me to stick with them as their system evolves and improves.[/quote]

I agree that the first task is to resolve the issue. However, when they don’t tell you anything about what was happening or what they did to correct it, they leave you in a sort of limbo to where you don’t know if the actual root cause of the issue is either something you did (or didn’t do) or whether you would have a way to prevent the issue in the future.

If your car conks out, you have the mechanic take a look and repair it. If you drive off with a working car again and have no idea that the cause of the issue was because you ran out of oil and didn’t understand that the light on the dash was warning you of that, you risk it happening again.

I’m having this issue too. Where do I find the beta software for the fix? I found the Beta and am trying it now.

I’ve deleted all of my scenes and cannot change my zwave radio.

Get the “Failed to save system configuration” when I try to configure my zwave radio.

Ember1205 - Good point!

Contact support with these issues … You should not have needed to delete your scenes … Restore from a backup and have support fix the issues.
The Beta still does not fix all of the issues.

I’ve contacted support, no word yet.

It was three or four simple scenes.

I’m really just starting with Vera, so not a big deal.

I was offline for two months dorking with my Zstick.

My HS is failing and it is time to actually migrate to Vera.

I am on latest firmware and have this issue, among a lot of other issues. I no longer can control remotely. Scenes stopped working. Is there a way to roll back firmware? My unit worked fine before.

I think this boils down to plugins misbehaving, filling up on board storage. Not sure if logging to USB prevents this or not? I think the code below should fix the issue in short term, but long term solution would be to uninstall the culprit plugin. For me, that plugin was ERGY. Even after uninstall of culprit/unneeded plugins, run the code below to clean things up.

Apps > Develop Apps > Test Luup code (Lua) > Code*

os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/z*”)
os.execute(“rm -rf /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy_cache_paired_devices.conf”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json”)
os.execute(“rm -r /overlay/dataMine”)
os.execute(“rm -r /tmp/tokens/*”)
os.execute(“reboot”)

Copy and paste the commands above in the indicated box. Your controller will restart and take a few minutes to fully come back.

Alternatively, you can create a manually triggered scene that exectues the LUA code.