Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag

1. Use another controller, such as HomeSeer in trial mode, to add the devices in non-secure mode. Then do a Z-Wave transfer between the two controllers. Vera ends up with a COPY of the device - which you are inherited a non-secure inclusion of. Turn it on and off as much as you like and it happens nice and quick (for Vera anyway), no spinning for 5-20 seconds or scenes going crazy. I’ve temporarily got most of my Fibaro’s duplicated on my Vera from my HomeSeer setup - purely temporarily for my old HomeKit integration, but it means even with HomeSeer shut down the Vera has non-secure direct access to the devices. A few things need manually fixing here and there, dimmers work perfectly but double switches need the second channel fixing up, but works a treat.

2. Use an Aeotec Z-Stick. Walk around and do an inclusion directly on the stick - no software, no gateway, just directly via the stick’s own inbuilt battery. They end up as a non-secure. Then plug that into Vera, set the stick as your Z-Wave port, finish a bit of config, and done.

Both worked a treat, but ironically only came about as a result of my experimenting to get Vera to temporarily have secondary access to everything until I have HomeKit working natively with HomeSeer…

Thanks Tillsy

I have a spare Pi and a Aeotec stick. I may need to follow your method 1 (using the stick though) then copy the device back so I can still use the built in zwave radio rather than the external USB.

Hopefully that buys enough time to stick with Vera till it?s fixed properly (or wait for a sale to migrate over)

@Sorin is there any update that you can provide on a fix or a possible workaround?

Thanks

I have a couple of FGS-223 that has been working ok-ish for a while, but I had to exclude and include them recently on latest FW for Vera Plus. Then a lot of trouble started, seems like it was related to secure inclusion.

Anyway, I submitted a ticket, and the issue was rapidly fixed by Vera support today. Seems there was something with a wrong ID in my Z-Wave chip, legacy from migrating from an earlier controller that messed up secure inclusion. I have migrated from Vera2, Lite and Edge, so that could make sense.

The FGS-223 devices work fine now, except from consumption being zero. Reported that back. I no longer have problems configuring them, lag is a lot less in GUI (still som resend, but not much). Secure inclusion went without any issues.
Now I need to find out how to activate scenes with them, using central scene command class. No clues so far…

It’s not fixed at all.
I’ll swap a couple of fgs223 with fgs222.
I had to disable a couple of automations because, well, the delay simply sucks.

I hope they’ll fix it ASAP, but we’re at 12 months since the first reports and I don’t think things will sort out quickly.

I am not necessarily saying everything is fixed, just that secure inclusion and basic function seems ok here. Lag is much better too, in fact no lag when using GUI to switch load. Yes, the GUI updating switch status lags a bit, but that isn’t important for me. So I don’t understand why you say it isn’t fixed. For me, seems it is, for now.

The inclusion process works. It?s included secure by default. Isolated commands via the UI or scenes work (ignoring the delay for a moment).

The issue as far as I understand, if you look within the Luup log, is that the command sent to the device isn?t being encapsulated (?) correctly for secure transmission which means the delay as there are repeated messages sent which you see in the UI as retry.

As messages are sent in a serial manner, this causes problems where devices (one device multiple times, or multiple number of devices) are switched quickly, or sequentially via a scene means the scene either doesn?t work properly or doesn?t complete.

This appears to be a Fibaro device issue rather than a Vera issue - other controller forums suggest to get around this issue by doing a non-secure inclusion of this device; however Vera doesn?t provide this functionality to do so.

I no longer believe the excuse this is Fibaro’s fault.

With HomeSeer a non-secure inclusion for the Fibaro’s creates a perfect device. Works an absolute dream.

With HomeSeer, a secure inclusion for the Fibaro’s creates a situation where statuses are not properly recognised - it comes through as UNKNOWN. So similar confusion with Vera - except HomeSeer doesn’t come crashing down to its knees, heck Vera does that even when it’s sitting there doing absolutely nothing. Something isn’t quite right though.

SO… upgrade HomeSeer to the latest Z-Wave APIs (beta plugin), which are specifically designed for the latest security standards, and then do a secure inclusion of the Fibaros. Works a dream, responses recognised correctly.

Likewise Z-Way has no such issues, and it abides by the latest Z-Wave APIs too.

So in my books Vera is the one struggling with the latest APIs, not Fibaro, as gateways using the latest security APIs seem to be fine…

I think I have come across this problem with my Fibaro Dimmer 2s I take it Vera are still no further along with a fix?

Dear Vera Team, do you have any news about the issue?

I have the same issue, and I bought 10 fibaro modules… quite an investment!!!

Hi guys - I am joining the club. In fact I had some Aeotec switches that were causing me some similar grief then after wasting tens of hours I asked for an exchange for Fibaro as the FGS-222 work great. I will also raise a ticket - I am left with no other choice than to promptly ask for another refund from my supplier and revert back to some more 222’s.

I have logged the issue with Vera and Fibaro. The yanks are still up right now (not like here in AU) so I got a prompt reply: “Our development team is currently working in order to fix this issue. The fix will be available in one of the upcoming releases. At this moment we do not have an ETA for this, but more details to be announced…” blah blah blah.

I don’t think they are really working on this. Or is it just me?

One year and a half with this “we’re working on this, no ETA” reply.

I had to disable a couple of automations because of this.

I reported this kind of situation to new property.
I won’t hold my breath for a quick fix…

Wished I’d seen this before I bought a double relay. I’m experiencing the same lag… Takes a good few seconds before I get an on/off Response.

Reported to support. This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Vera Home support.

At this moment this is a known issues reported to our development team but there is no ETA when it will be resolved. You can check our release notes from :

https://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

Have a nice day!

Probably another problem with Vera’s implementation?

Have had lengthy and good discussions with Fibaro Support.

Trying to use “Flash Mode”

• works fine with S1 and B button

However, Vera command fails! Both manually and in scenes.

The switch goes on and then IMMEDIATELY goes off.

Params: 15:5, 16:0, 18:20, 20: 2

If parameter 21: 1 is set to 1 (reporting), I can get the device to flash 3-4 times, then it goes off!

Anyone one else had this problem?

Bob

Does anybody know if the single switch works reliably?
Thanks

Vera! When will this MAJOR issue be solved!? This is currently the only feasible fibaro 2x1.5Kw switch available in Europe…

I think that nice deadline for Vera could be black friday, since HomeSeeer is probably going to be 50 % off again. I have my old T420s already prepared as VeraPlus replacement if nothing changes :slight_smile: