Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag

welcome to the club. It is completely random. And yes, only FGS 223 (Fibaro Double Switch 2) is affected.

Thanks for reply.
Whats the best replacement for Vera Plus? I use the App, LUA scripting, web interface, and I would like google home in the future.

I’m still on Vera. I find it very annoying, as you said, but I’m waiting for a resolution. They promised to fix it in the near future, and it’s 2 years since I deployed them. Right now I’ve invested a lot of time into the Vera, so I’m sticking with it. If they don’t fix it in the near future, I’ll change my unit. I’ll probably go with home assistand + open luup + zwave key, but who knows.

You shouldn’t wait that long, you should just return the unit, Vera needs financial loss so they get their head out of their ass. This in unbelievable bad customer care.

Anyway, here I replicate the error. As you can see at 0:55 minute its very slow right after I send the command to the Double switch, and it can be alot slower than this

Also, when playing a scene which includes a Double Switch 2 its a huuuuge delay for whatever poor bastard module that get its command after the double switch. :confused:

edit: You can see the light in the kitchen to the left (Double Switch 2) and the light in the living room (Dimmer 2) perfectly sync. Than we get a huge delay on the Roller Shutter 2 controlling the screen

Just chiming in. Customer Care is a very broad term and I can assure you they’ll do their best in getting issues reported and responded as fast as possible. SLA’s responding time has been reduced from the 48 hours to 24, and now to just tens of minutes, and resolution time is no more than a few days.

Customer Care requests come from all over the place ranging from a direct phone call to various social media platforms and sometimes even reddit or youtube comments. Believe it or not WE ARE monitoring all of this and it’s very rare when some cases slip through.

Many things changed from the initial report to the better, but I’m not sure exactly how will these devices be sorted out decisional speaking.

I’m sorry for the people having this issue but this is now a matter of business decision, and development, a thing that is not really in the hands of the Customer Care team.

Thanks.

Just chiming in. Customer Care is a very broad term and I can assure you they’ll do their best in getting issues reported and responded as fast as possible. SLA’s responding time has been reduced from the 48 hours to 24, and now to just tens of minutes, and resolution time is no more than a few days.

Customer Care requests come from all over the place ranging from a direct phone call to various social media platforms and sometimes even reddit or youtube comments. Believe it or not WE ARE monitoring all of this and it’s very rare when some cases slip through.

Many things changed from the initial report to the better, but I’m not sure exactly how will these devices be sorted out decisional speaking.

I’m sorry for the people having this issue but this is now a matter of business decision, and development, a thing that is not really in the hands of the Customer Care team.

Thanks.[/quote]

Sorry if this is rude.

Hi Sorin, thank you for responding. But according to my opinion this issue is one of the longest outstanding ones last years. I have a lot of “customer care” mails with promises. But they were all vague promises and never this problem was solved. I can’t believe what you are saying and how you are saying it. We are waiting for months now as customers and users for ANY UPDATE.

[ul][li]Update about device support
[/li][li]Update about firmware update
[/li][li]Update about vera direction after takeover
[/li][li]Update of roadmap
[/li][li]Etc.

Before the takeover it was not very good :-[. But now it’s only worse![/ul]

in this reply, I’m only backing Customer Care team and their abilities. They would only serve you with what they have :slight_smile: They are not the ones that should develop an integration.
Even they and I, are eagerly waiting for the upper decisions to get this train rolling.

Are you saying that the most sold switch in Europe will not be properly supported? After 2 years, that’s depressing at best.

Thanks.[/quote]

When I say customer care, I do not mean the customer care team, I mean Vera as a product company. Its completely unacceptable to let us hanging like this, Fibaro Double Switch 2 is by far the most common Switch in the EU.

We need to spread the word so that not more people buy into this company, I will for example post this at my Swedish home automation Facebook group with 32k members, you guys should do the same. Vera needs to feel financial loss so that they fix this.

Are you saying that the most sold switch in Europe will not be properly supported? After 2 years, that’s depressing at best.[/quote]

I’m not saying that, you’re putting words in my mouth. :slight_smile: - I cannot emphasize enough the importance of compatibility with the most common devices, and I did that everytime I could, internally. I’m just waiting, same as you, for the things to start moving with the new management, and I’m confident they will. As I mentioned before, I have a few of these devices myself which are currently shelved.

Thanks.[/quote]

When I say customer care, I do not mean the customer care team, I mean Vera as a product company. Its completely unacceptable to let us hanging like this, Fibaro Double Switch 2 is by far the most common Switch in the EU.

We need to spread the word so that not more people buy into this company, I will for example post this at my Swedish home automation Facebook group with 32k members, you guys should do the same. Vera needs to feel financial loss so that they fix this.[/quote]

Anders, I understand your frustration alongside everyone in this topic and I apologize for what it’s worth.
We’ve always been an open community in terms of the amount of moderation we’re doing as we value our customer’s opinion, despite the fact that it might hurt the business.

And I value your opinion as well, but an instigative call to arms like your cannot be posted here. Out of courtesy, I’d kindly ask you to revise your post.

Also if you guys live in the EU you have two year warranty on the product by EU law. We should all return the unit which could help speed this up.

Please focus on fixing the problem.

Forget it, this will never be fixed.

1. buy a qubino flush 2 relay
  2. get rid of vera

Sorry Sorin, I read it again and it wasn’t my intention to misrepresent your words. At the first reading it seems that you’ll not support it at all, then I realized you’re speaking on behalf of your team, not from the development one.

I fear the same. Since I have more than 20 Fibaros, I’ll probably swap my hub when it’ll die. It’ll cost less than swap all my switches.

Thanks.[/quote]

So when we raise a ticket, how soon should we expect a response?

Current ticket I had open was 26 hours before the initial response which was the generic request to enable tech support.

The next contact I had was 7.5 days later and 5+ days after my last update to the ticket…

C

It depends on the issue type, the initial pick up can range anywhere from a few minutes up to 24 hours. Max time to resolution can be indeed up to 7 days depending on some factors like difficulty, the number of exposed issues, if it involves an escalation or not, etc.

There are a few automated mechanisms which dictate the priority of the cases, but they are always backed up by the human factor.

But if something is burning, someone could always give me a PM or a mention and I will surely follow up.

[quote=“Sorin, post:158, topic:198800”]It depends on the issue type, the initial pick up can range anywhere from a few minutes up to 24 hours. Max time to resolution can be indeed up to 7 days depending on some factors like difficulty, the number of exposed issues, if it involves an escalation or not, etc.

There are a few automated mechanisms which dictate the priority of the cases, but they are always backed up by the human factor.

But if something is burning, someone could always give me a PM or a mention and I will surely follow up.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll remember that for future reference.

FWIW I don’t think this was resolved yet. I’m really not having a pop, but I don’t think your claims are backed by data (yet)

Cheers

C

If you shoot me a PM with your credentials, I can look it up for you and prioritize this.
There are exceptions but the guys are trying to keep up the best they can.