Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag

[quote=“Sorin, post:160, topic:198800”]If you shoot me a PM with your credentials, I can look it up for you and prioritize this.
There are exceptions but the guys are trying to keep up the best they can.[/quote]

the best is the least you can do

[quote=“Sorin, post:160, topic:198800”]If you shoot me a PM with your credentials, I can look it up for you and prioritize this.
There are exceptions but the guys are trying to keep up the best they can.[/quote]
I appreciate the offer. I’ll hold off if you don’t mind as the testing is on me (in and out of the geofence) So it might be resolved. But it might not. We can’t tell yet.

Cheers

C

I dont want to hijack the tread,
but I suspect it is she same problem with this device.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52628.msg354998.html#msg354998

The Fibaro radiator thermostat

Is that correct Sorin ?

By now i can only believe that it is a planned business decision, you think Vera didn’t read all these boards and messages, for me it is simply Vera is trying to block Fibaro business…blocking a competitor.

it will remain like this for me until somebody from Vera fix it, or give a logical explanation (that respect our intelligence) to why they 1- didn’t fix this very important issue for two years 2- why all other gateways are able to work with Fibaro and don’t have this problem

the problem is the way this device is implemented. AFAIK, all other hubs had problems when it was first launched, but they managed to adapt to this device and now they’re OK.

the problem is that this device is registered as secure, but it also send messages in unsecured way. this confuses the LUUP engine, that tries to send them again - and again - eventually taking note that the message is received. In reality, the device turns itself ON as soon as the first message is sent, but the LUUP engine try to resend them anyway, causing a Zwave queue to grow, system to become slow, and scenes to be spotty - at best.

Being a system engineer myself, it’s not that difficult to fix it. It takes probably more time to handle all the tickets we sent to them thant to fix it. It’s more a business - or political - decision to not support this device, since it’is not following the standard and it’s the only device on the market doing that implementation. but it’s also the most sold device in Europe, so MiOS is screwing its user base, as you can easily see from this thread.

Again, I hope things will change in the future, otherwise I’ll go out and find a new hub in the near future, because I invested more in my Fibaro devices than in Vera, and it’s easier for me to start from scratch from an automation point of view, now that I know what I really want and programming is not hard for me, than swap all the devices buried into my electric system.

I moved back to Fibaro, they are bad in 3rd party integration (Nest, Harmony, Hue…) but Zwave is not a problem with them

I?m not committed to anything right now, but the plan is to choose something that works with homeaasistant or openluup, and use the controller just to send zwave commands.

I moved the switch to a HomeSeer solution.
The device works perfectly. Also in “flash mode” which was my reason for buying the switch.

Will now test moving my whole Z-network away from Vera.
Sad. Many advantages with Vera, but the lack of customer focus despite the massive input from this forum is an issue.

You poor bastards - I can’t believe this is still an epic train wreck. I’m only here because I received a PM asking about this so thought I would pop back into this thread - I had completely forgotten about the disaster that is Vera, holy moly it’s coming back to me now wow… just wow.

I also need an aswer… it’s quite one year.

need to refresh my whole walls and I can create spots for those controlers…

it’s lot of work and I am not ready to wait for 10 month more…

I asked them to give a correct answer and time to fix this but I guess it’s useless

If you haven’t purchased them yet, why not just get Qubinos instead? They work great, and to be honest they give a better impression than Fibaro. I have loads of Fibaro, had them since the early days, but all new devices are Qubino now.

What controller did you end up with? I have trouble finding one that will have the features I use. For example I look into Athom Homey controller, but it seems to have very limited support for Fibaro Roller Shutter 2, Vera have full support for all of its features.

Its so sad. Vera has a nice feature set.

Got this from support, feels like a standard response they send to everybody :smiley:

Hello Anders,

I have checked your controller, and besides the known issue caused by the Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-223, everything else seems to be in order.
You can be assured that we are working on fixing the source of the delays caused by this device in your system.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Regards,

well, this is the first time they say they’re working on a fix. I won’t hold my breath, because maybe it’s just Sorin that reported it to them :slight_smile:

Have a look at hass.io, it’s very flexible. For now not very intuitive but you can easily import Vera devices. Adding an extra zwave usb dongle (OZW) for non supported vera-supported devices and you can (re)place some logic (or all) to hass.

I would have hoped Ezlo had bought hass and worked on rock solid zwave device support there.

One big downside: everything has to be modeled in the UI via “CLI” (config files). But they said they’r working on it. that’s a hassle :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sender, post:180, topic:198800”]Have a look at hass.io, it’s very flexible. For now not very intuitive but you can easily import Vera devices. Adding an extra zwave usb dongle (OZW) for non supported vera-supported devices and you can (re)place some logic (or all) to hass.

I would have hoped Ezlo had bought hass and worked on rock solid zwave device support there.

One big downside: everything has to be modeled in the UI via “CLI” (config files). But they said they’r working on it. that’s a hassle :-)[/quote]

I’m not really interested in a dongle/software solution, but if its the only way. What do you mean with import Vera devices? You can migrate the devices from Vera so you do not need to repair them etc?

Vera, is also a controller with a zwave radio (dongle).

I mean this:

and then all your vera devices (zwave an non zwave) become available in hass and from there you can do all logic and control.

[quote=“Sender, post:182, topic:198800”]Vera, is also a controller with a zwave radio (dongle).

I mean this:

and then all your vera devices (zwave an non zwave) become available in hass and from there you can do all logic and control.[/quote]

But I’m not going to keep the Vera. it will be returned on the warranty. Plus using two controllers seems really like a sub par solution.

Just saw this, I would say its close to fraud. They list it has compatible. And nowhere do they tell how bad Vera works with the device.
Sure they have that yellow warning badge. But it doesnt tell that any sub subsequent command to any other device will be severely delayed

Haha!!

The proof is there! A scandal!!

BTW, the switch is working flawlessly on HomeSeeer which I am testing right now.
The switch is really an excellent device with strong capabilities (parameters).
HomeSeer seems very good too.