Found this on Kickstarter

They are a bit noisy, but I haven’t tried them on slow speed yet. The MySmartBlind is essentially silent on slow speed, so if you are looking for tilt only you might want to look at that. More expensive but much higher quality. My move is behind some drapes that muffles them pretty well. If you have a beaded cord, they tend to click, but they have a fix for that (you can clip the groves in the spool to reduce clicking, and they are working on a new design).

I doubt the Zwave will be much different, they designed the radio to be modular, so all they will be doing is taking the parts they already have and assembling them with a different radio modual. May they will switch to metal spools, only the cord loop spool is metal currently, the pull cord and beaded cord are plastic.

Thanks for all the info… I ordered a set of zwave versions myself. Being also in the PNW, I am now doubtful it will work for me without giving it AC power…

They did just update the iphone app so things are moving slowly, so am going to play arround with it a little more, it now, still no schedules support, but it now shows the battery power level, so I can see if that tiny solar panel is going to do anything to keep the batteries charge. I am still having a little slippage that is throwing off the calibration so probably need to put a little more tension on the loop, or I was thinking of putting some rubber bands around the metal spool to give it a little more grip since my cord material is pretty slick. The slow speed is now called “silent” mode in the app or something like that, so will also have to try that out to see if it is more quite.
When I have some additional time to play around with it, I will post it here.

Shallow, can you let us know and attempt if the move is possible to integrate with Tasker? That’s really the only saving grace for me.

Unfortunately I don’t have any android devices only iOS and a few Windows phones, but you should be able to install the app and see if the add device stuff is automatable. just search for Move by Teptron in the store.

The blinds I am automating are at the front of the house in a room I hardly use but are visible from the front door so was just looking for basic up/down on a schedule for day and night which is why I didn’t care if they worked with Vera or not. If these were say in my media room, where controlling the lighting was important, or even in my bedroom, they would drive me nuts, too noisy, slow. Plan to get a good automated curtain system for the media room.

Thanks for the reply!

[quote=“shallowearth, post:85, topic:188274”]Unfortunately I don’t have any android devices only iOS and a few Windows phones, but you should be able to install the app and see if the add device stuff is automatable. just search for Move by Teptron in the store.

The blinds I am automating are at the front of the house in a room I hardly use but are visible from the front door so was just looking for basic up/down on a schedule for day and night which is why I didn’t care if they worked with Vera or not. If these were say in my media room, where controlling the lighting was important, or even in my bedroom, they would drive me nuts, too noisy, slow. Plan to get a good automated curtain system for the media room.[/quote]

Shallow, you mentioned a schedule for day and night, but a previous post says they haven’t got it worked out yet. So is there any function you can do other than open the APP and click up and down? Is there really no scheduled way to open and close the blinds when you want it, at this present time?

Correct, at this time the MOVE app, can only add your Move, define what type of blind it is (up/down,left/right, or tilt), calibrate open/closed. And then open, close or partially open/close your blinds, and now you can see the battery level with the latest update.

Currently grouping and scheduling in the app is grayed out. So basically the app does nothing but calibrate your blinds (which you can also do manually with the buttons on the device), and then you can open and close the blind with the app (or button on the device). Yep… that is it. No scheduling, no automation, nothing. Hopefully at least basic scheduling and grouping get added soon. Sheesh. This is why I haven’t bothered to install more than the one device, just to test it out because it is only slightly more convenient then just opening them manually, actually I take that back, since you can’t even group blinds together (some of my winds have 2-3 blinds a piece) it is probably less convenient then opening the manually since I can do that much faster and more accurately than this device. :slight_smile:

At least they did an app update, that tells me they are still alive and doing work, maybe grouping and basic scheduling will come next (fingers crossed)

That’s nuts! Thanks for the reply again!

Well the good news is that with a z-wave one you aren’t going to need an app, so there is that. The battery monitoring also seems to be working so I can figure out if the solar is really going to work or not.

I did a few things with my move… I put some rubber bands around the spool to make it a little more grippy, I slowed down the close speed (which was where the slipping seemed to be happening), and a put a little more tension on the cord loop (I used one of those Velcro command strips to mount mine which I highly suggest… lets you easily adjust the tension on the loop).

So the good news is that the calibration now seems to be working which means I eliminated the slippage. I haven’t put the motor to the slowest setting to see how quiet they get and how battery usage works, so need to play around with that.

But at least I now have something that functions to open and close and stays calibrated. Good first step, and I can now try opening and closing once a day to see if the battery + solar is going to work to keep it charged.

Still waiting on them to add schedules to the app… ugg. But I am feeling a little more positive that I at least have something that now opens and closes properly.

[quote=“shallowearth, post:90, topic:188274”]Well the good news is that with a z-wave one you aren’t going to need an app, so there is that. The battery monitoring also seems to be working so I can figure out if the solar is really going to work or not.

I did a few things with my move… I put some rubber bands around the spool to make it a little more grippy, I slowed down the close speed (which was where the slipping seemed to be happening), and a put a little more tension on the cord loop (I used one of those Velcro command strips to mount mine which I highly suggest… lets you easily adjust the tension on the loop).

So the good news is that the calibration now seems to be working which means I eliminated the slippage. I haven’t put the motor to the slowest setting to see how quiet they get and how battery usage works, so need to play around with that.

But at least I now have something that functions to open and close and stays calibrated. Good first step, and I can now try opening and closing once a day to see if the battery + solar is going to work to keep it charged.

Still waiting on them to add schedules to the app… ugg. But I am feeling a little more positive that I at least have something that now opens and closes properly.[/quote]
I jumped the gun and ordered the Movez pretty early and is looking forward to test them out!
One positive note that they updated us with last week that they have a new spool that the Movez will be equipped with!
From the update:

Some really good news is that we have improved the cog wheel spool and all MOVEZ will be supplied with the new spool and hopefully we will also have had the chance to improve (or make) more accessories so MOVEZ will work even better with different window coverings. The ability to use special accessories for different window coverings and equip MOVEZ with the ones needed for the moment have been one of our most central goals in the basic design. Thanks to this we can continue to make improvements and all users will be able to use the improvements.

So after quite a few experiments with Move and the solar panel it is as I suspected. The solar panel is way too small to charge the batteries. Even when left for a few days with no movement on the motor, it was unable to reclaim any significant charge. So I think I am going to just use direct power with no batteries at this point.

Slower speeds however do significantly reduce the noise.

I know this is an old topic but I see that they have just released a firmware update which adds a more standard implementation of bluethooth mesh - We motorizes blinds and shades – Teptron AB

Anyone tried it since this?

They are working on a z-wave version which I assume would work out of the box with Vera Plus however could these older units also now be controlled directly also?

Ditto re: Move. Love to know how to integrate this.

Too bad iBlinds didn’t get funded. It really looked like the best thing out there…

Nothing is impossible
Mikromotor

I have found the Moves to be OK, for small light blinds if you plug them into power. Their apps is terrible and they seemed to have abandoned IOS. They integrate with nothing.

I also have a few Blind Engines from Brunt, they are a better build, quieter more powerful motor. They use WiFi and seem to be pushing for IFTTT and other integration so are a better bet in my opinion. Their support staff are also more responsive. Their app is also kind of crappy but better than the move.

If you are looking for a iBlinds equivalent, get the MySmartBlinds. I have had these for a few years now. Great product.

iBlinds died on Kickstarter, but now seems to be alive – and funded – on Indiegogo.

Have you managed to get the Brunt ones integrated with Vera? They use WIFI comms right. Is there an API where you can send JSON http commands to them to control them ?

If they have IFTTT? Then Vera can send commands to them via Webhooks I would suspect.

Same question for MySmartBlinds have you integrated them in to Vera somehow for control ?

Thanks

So after waiting 3,5 years I finally received a MOVEZ beta test device today. Easy to install an verry easy to integrate with Vera. So far my first impression is good. Time to automate my bedroom rollerblind.

1 Like