Found this on Kickstarter

Found another product similar to the teptron MOVE → Collections
Seems like this one is already available.

[quote=“korttoma, post:61, topic:188274”]Found another product similar to the teptron MOVE → Collections
Seems like this one is already available.[/quote]My Move is due soon so I will wait to see how well it works. It will be interesting to compare them. The Move is cheaper though.

[quote=“korttoma”]Found another product similar to the teptron MOVE → Collections
Seems like this one is already available.[/quote]
This product looks very interesting, but

1. What protocol is it using? My guess it Wifi, but a quick review of website on mobile device did not reveal its specific features.

2. Is there some sort of hub that controls this? Vague description about range being 40 meters. Range of what if there is no hub? Referencing wifi range maybe?

3. They mention PowerView shades and battery operation…what is that about, don’t understand the tie in with the HD system reference.

The product looks very nice and gives the appearance of being unobtrusive . Would love to try it and hear opinions of users

EDIT: found this: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/smart-shades-automate-your-window-shades#/.

Apparently a project crowd funded here. Claims BT on the project description. That would require action by Vera, I think, to integrate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both the tepron and SOMA are now Bluetooth and designed to be programmed from a iphone/ipad or an android device there is at the moment no promise that they will ever be integrated in to Vera even if the VeraPlus supports Bluetooth.

It would be nice to find some user experience of the SOMA since it seems like it is already available.

I’m expecting to get my teptron MOVE soon also.

Also sold under the name Wazombi Shades
Two decent reviews here:

And here:

Theme seems to be very slow, and limited beaded cored types. Vestranet also complained that the manual override seemed unreliable. CNET was optimistic it was a work in progress.

Seems like the SOMA has some serious limitation (continuous-loop beaded-chain only).

Lets hope the MOVE lives up to my expectations.

[quote=“korttoma, post:66, topic:188274”]Seems like the SOMA has some serious limitation (continuous-loop beaded-chain only).

Lets hope the MOVE lives up to my expectations.[/quote]
Seconding that. I want the cord control as I plan to use these for Roman blinds.

it seems that the move comes in zwave now :slight_smile:

By backing the MOVEZ using the following link you could help me get som free MOVEZ devices! :smiley:

Anyone who funded this on kickstarter (non z-wave version) and has not yet got theirs should write to them via the website to chase. I did this today and was immediately advised that they would be despatched tomorrow. This suggests that they have stock ready to despatch and have either lost the delivery details of sponsors or are just waiting until chased. Either way, it can’t hurt to chase.

Now the bluetooth version is actually being delivered (other posts show this is the case), I wonder if Vera can be persuaded to incorporate it. They could actually claim bluetooth compatability for real then. :wink:

@Slartibartfast , When you get your Bluetooth device please write a short review to let us know the overall quality of the device.

@korttoma

Will do. Here’s hoping it arrives before Christmas so I get more chance to play with it.
I can at least install the Android software and read the manual (downloaded) before it comes.

If it does the job, I will probably go for some z-wave versions and pass on the bluetooth ones to family. I just didn’t want to wait any longer to try one out.

I got mine a while back here are some basics…
The motor is much weaker then originally claimed if running off of batteries.
I have basic roman rollers on a corded loop, and after a week of up/down once a day the batteries are flat.

The solar panel is tiny and they only give you a tiny short cord to plug it in, doesn’t do anything to recharge my batteries here in the Northwest (this is Compaired to the MySmartBlind which I also own that comes with a large solar with a long enough cable to tuck near the head rail, so nearly invisible and keeps my batteries charges all year round)

since my corded loop slips slightly when opening and shutting the calibration gets off after a few days. I am going to try putting a rubber band round the spool to help it grip better but haven’t gotten round to it. Most folks are saying The Whole thing works much better if you are able to remove or destroy the tension mechanism in your head rail, I have not tried to pull down my blind to see if that is possible. If you have blinds that only need a super light pull you will probably be happy with the unit. If your blinds have any resistance you will be disappointed with power/battery life.

The app doesn’t even have basic scheduling yet so is basically useless other than to test the unit (All you can do is press up and down in the app).

The one saving grace is that all my windows have outlets next to them and curtains to hide the cords so I might just use direct power andd forget the rechargeable batteries and solar, since that is worthless. And you get much more power out of the motor that way.

Oh, and I highly recommend using a large Velcro Command strip to attach this thing to the wall (not any of the garbage they provide you) this will allow you change the tension on the loop until you have it right, and is plenty strong to hold the unit securely without damaging your walls.

All in all you get what you pay for, the MySmartBlind was much more expensive and is much higher quality, and the app works well (but is a little confusing), the Moves were produced on the cheap and it totally shows. Hopefully they incorporate atleast basic scheduling into the app at some point or the Bluetooth version is almost completely useless.

Because of this I have only installed one of my Moves, I am waiting on:
an app that actually does something
trying to get my loop from slipping so the calibration works, and
ditching my batteries/solar for direct power since they don’t work Well with my blinds

The version you have is the bluetooth one right? How did they integrate into Vera? Was it OK?

Move Bluetooth, does not integrate with Vera. Since all I needed was a basic schedule, and I had such a good experience with MySmartBlinds (also Bluetooth with no integration with Vera), thought I would give the Move a shot. I have been pretty underwhelmed thus far. They are trying hard, but clearly getting overwhelmed with complaints, and seem inexperienced with how to handle the shipping etc. and their app is badly in need of an update. We will see if they can recover. There is potential there, but they definitely have an up hill battle.

Have you added a request to have he bluetooth move added to Vera. Everyone with one of these should put in a request and it ‘might’ happen.

Sorry for repeating. Thought I had messed up first time.

Well, this is good only in that I held off buying their stuff. But once the zwave comes out, I think I might go for it.

I’ve got blinds that have one loop for tilting and one for raising/lowering so I might just go with tilting.

Thanks @shallowearth for the informative review. Everything else I have read so far has been a bit to good to be true. What about the noise? Does it make any noise? I hope the quality of the MoveZ is a bit better then you describe since I’m waiting for four units.