Heiman HS1SA-Z Smoke Sensor

No reply yet from Heiman. I asked the dealer if he would have the opportunity to test it with a Z-Wave controller or if he has any feedback/info from other customers.

I contacted their sales a while back asking a question about their Smoke Sensors and interlinking them but never got a response back.

Send the HEIEHS3SA to me I’ll try it on the Ezlo hubs. :grin:

I dont think any unsupported / not working devices will be added into the Vera firmware updates now.

In fact, I have already thought of sending the smoke sensor to someone else to test it. If someone lives near germany and the postage is not too high, that would be an option. Where are you from and what other Z-Wave controller do have (except Vera/Ezlo)?

I’m in the UK. Unfortunately I only have Vera and Ezlo hubs.

No Answer yet from Heiman or the dealer :neutral_face:

In the meantime I bought a HS1SA-Z to try how this behaves. When I push the network button three times, the LED blinks green and the Ezlo Plus includes the smoke sensor without a problem. So why does the HS1SA-Z doesn’t even blink green as also described in the manual? Were both devices defective? I think I’ll search for another dealer tomorrow, who is willing to answer a question concerning the HS3SA-Z.

I’ve wrote another dealer and the answer came quickly:

Unfortunately, there were some in the first batch of the devices that showed this error. So it may well be that you received devices from it.
The behavior of the Heiman HS3SA-Z is the same as its predecessor. Therefore I assume the detector is defective.

So I’ve wrote the first dealer to exchange the defective smoke detector and get one he checked first.

1 Like

I’ve ordered another HS3SA-Z from another dealer and guess what…

It works!!! After three times pushing the network button the LED blinks green and the Ezlo Plus asks for unsecure or secure including.

Good news.

I wonder what was wrong with the “first batch” then.

And its going to be just luck if you recieve a working one.

That problem should grow out with time. So either wait or take the risk of an exchange. But definitely do not order in china :wink:

I’ll moult this first try in my problem room (childs room) and hope I’m done with false alarms.