Heiman HS1SA-Z Smoke Sensor

What did you do to try and setup association ?

I still only have one of these smoke sensors but may buy another for downstairs and as you say would be nice to have them interlinked.

The user manual HS1SA-Z S2-documentation_3.pdf (251.4 KB) mentions Association Group 2:

Alternative user manual online here.

Is it not just a case of going to one of the smoke detector devices in Vera in its “Device Options” then adding group 2:

And then selecting another one of the smoke detectors to add it to the group?

Looks like there is a new Version 2 available now also.

HEIEHS3SA

User Manual here.

I’ve just ordered a Heiman Smoke Sensor 2 (HS3SA) and hope it works better than the Fibaros (another false alarm in childs room :neutral_face:).

I’ll test with Ezlo Plus…

2 Likes

Yesterday I received the HS3SA-Z Smoke Sensor. The device itself seems to work. Testalarm works and it’s blinking red every 53 seconds. But I was not able to include it to Ezlo Plus or Vera Plus. Nothing happens. You have to push the network button three times within 1.5 seconds. Then the LED should blink green. But it doesn’t. I’ve also tried resetting the device (press network button and insert battery). I think the device is defective (maybe the button itself).

Are you pressing the right button?

On the older version there is a tiny pin hole and a hidden button.

Yes, I’m pressing the button behind the small hole. It does “click” when I’m pressing, so I think I’ve hit the button correctly. I’ve called the dealer to solve this problem (I’m whaiting for the callback). Perhaps he can test this with another HS3SA-Z smoke sensor and send this device to me, when it’s blinking green.

Not sure then I’ve not used the new model.

Make sure you try to pair the sensor close right next to the Ezlo or Vera hub.

Assume your just trying to add it as a Generic Z-Wave device.

Post on the Ezlo hub beta thread about this model see if they have tested it yet?

I’ve also tested including next to the hubs. But the status/message during inclusion doesn’t change. So I think it’s not a compatibility problem. When the smoke sensor doesn’t even blink green I think it’s not even in inclusion mode (unless the green blinking does only appear when inclusion is successfully done).

Try a new battery as well, some times they are low from the factory.

New battery was already tested. The smoke sensor stand alone operation does work. The test button results in a loud beeeep and red led is flashing every 53 seconds.

Battery is likely OK, however I have seen in the past, that I’ve had a sensor that appears to be working lighting up etc and battery appeared to test OK, but I was unable to include the sensor. Tried a brand new battery instead and then it did pair OK.

Where did you buy this Smoke Sensor from? I guess its possible it could be defective.

This new smoke sensor is not on the list of supported devices for the Ezlo hub.

However I’d expect it to still pair even if its not on the supported list.

I’ve replaced with a brand new Panasonic battery. Nothing changed. I bought the sensor from a dealer here in germany and waiting for a call…

have you turned on logs so you can see what happens on vera? try using ALTUI if a device doesn’t work to include in standard vera, i use altui when a device doesn’t work and then manly ad it by setting config.

Finally I got an answer from the dealer. I’ve sent the device back and get a new one. I’ll report if it works with Vera/Ezlo when the new one arrives.

1 Like

Yesterday I received the new smoke sensor. Again I’ve tries inclusion on Vera Plus (App and Web interface) and Ezlo Plus. Both still show no reaction during inclusion process. I’ve checked if the dealer sent me the same unit back, but it was a new one (I’ve marked the old one). So It seems to be some kind of incompatibility issue. But why do the controllers not even recognize that there is something? I’ve successfully included/excluded the fibaro smoke sensor on Vera and Ezlo both as Smoke Sensor 2 and Generic Device to exclude that there is a fault in the controllers inclusion/exclusion process. Any suggestions?

The manual says:

Press the network button 3 times within 1.5 seconds, the green LED flashes 3 times within 1 second.
If the integration process is successful, the green LED will go off.

If I unterstand that correctly, the led should flash green when I press the network button three times regardless of whether the controller is in inclusion mode or not. And goes off when it’s included successfull.

Has someone another Heiman sensor (H1SA-Z or the CO2 Sensor HS1CA-Z that’s offically supported by Vera) and can test if the led blinks green, when the network button is pressed three times?

On my CO sensor if I press the pin hole button 3 times, the green light on the test button flashes 6 times.

I’ve wrote an email to sales@heiman.com.cn
Let’s see if they answer.

Have you tried a reset of your CO sensor? Does it blink green or something else, when reset is successfully done? I’m wondering why my sensor gives absolutely no feedback by the green LED.

I’ve never reset mine I don’t think.

In the user manual for the new version you have it makes no mention of a light pattern when doing a reset.

Reset to factory default

This device also allows to be reset without any involvement of a Z-Wave controller. This procedure should only be used when the primary controller is inoperable.

• Long press Net-Button while installing batteries in HS1SA-Z.
  • Device Reset Locally notification is Transmitted