Jandy Pool Control

[quote=“Timothybaddy”]Thanks for your offer to help Barry. I am mostly using the Autelis plugin for Homeseer for event based options. Since I am running an older Jandy pre HH my system does not have heating priority built in e.g. set solar heat as 2nd priority and spa heat to 1st. I am using your HS plugin to disable solar heat when I turn on the SPA. My pool controller also controls some of my yard lights so I am now able to turn those on during certain events as well. I use my Android devices with the web page to control the pool mainly.[/quote]Who’s Barry?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

He is a troll. I reported him. Not sure if anyone is watching, though.

[quote=“Don Phillips”]He is a troll. I reported him. Not sure if anyone is watching, though.[/quote]I’m sorry… who’s the troll? LOL

@rstrouse

New f/w coming. Hopefully nothing breaks…

Yeah I am waiting. However, I switched from Intellitouch to Intellicenter automation which breaks my plugin. Working now to decode the serial packets coming from Intellicenter as Autelis hasn’t responded to my inquiry about Intellicenter.

Autelis seems to be no more?

Their website has said that a new store is coming for some time now and everything is OOS.

Do you have a more direct line?

Thanks!

BTW, any assistance here would be helpful. I’m trying to get Pool Control functional with Alexa voice commands.

Having never used Alexa I wouldn’t even know where to begin. Isn’t Alexa capable of directly executing a scene on Vera?

[quote=“rstrouse”]Having never used Alexa I wouldn’t even know where to begin. Isn’t Alexa capable of directly executing a scene on Vera?[/quote]It accepts “Spa On” but not “Spa Off” scenes as a routine. Not sure why.

Do you have a circuit named spa? This is actually a BinaryLight switch that Alexa will recognize. Perhaps there is a conflict with that?

Maybe. Just odd on works but off doesn’t.

I’ll check it out.

[quote=“rstrouse”]Do you have a circuit named spa? This is actually a BinaryLight switch that Alexa will recognize. Perhaps there is a conflict with that?[/quote]The circuit that activates the JVA’s is named “Spa” but the scenes are named “Spa On” and “Spa Off”.

Maybe I can rename the scenes to avoid conflict with voice commands but Alexa actually has the capability to select a Routine manually via the app on your phone and I tried this with no voice command and it still won’t run the “spa off” scene.

Call it spaghetti then try it. I seem to recall reading something that “On” and “Off” have special meanings to Alexa.

[quote=“Sammy2, post:72, topic:197378”][quote=“rstrouse”]Do you have a circuit named spa? This is actually a BinaryLight switch that Alexa will recognize. Perhaps there is a conflict with that?[/quote]The circuit that activates the JVA’s is named “Spa” but the scenes are named “Spa On” and “Spa Off”.

Maybe I can rename the scenes to avoid conflict with voice commands but Alexa actually has the capability to select a Routine manually via the app on your phone and I tried this with no voice command and it still won’t run the “spa off” scene.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Or try ‘Alexa turn spa off on’. There’s a thread about that issue a the top of the Alexa forum.

C

So I changed my scenes “Spa On” and “Spa Off” to “Yes Spa” and “No Spa” respectively and redid my Alexa Routines. It worked using my phone and pressing the play button in the Alexa App. I’ll try it with voice commands but I think this is the issue.

Now I need to re-program my “Spa Mode” Macro In Pool Control because it will no longer know what to do…

JEEZ. What B.S. but it is what it is.

@rstrouse

Do you know of any issues with the new f/w and the Jandy Pool Control Plugin?

After Vera Support updated my f/w I get these errors and the pool control plugin is not available on my system. :sob:

System error : Device: 84. Fail to load implementation file D_AutelisJandy.xml
System error : Device: 116. Fail to load implementation file D_JandyMacros.xml
System error : Device: 224. Fail to load implementation file D_VirtualPanel.xml
System error : Device: 226. Fail to load implementation file D_VirtualPanel_224_1.xml
System error : Device: 351. Fail to load implementation file D_Harmony351.xml
System error : Device: 451. Fail to load implementation file D_HarmonyDevice351_52445139.xml
System error : Device: 529. Fail to load implementation file D_JandyHeater.xml
System error : Device: 530. Fail to load implementation file D_JandyHeater.xml

Sammy,

You just need to take the files and upload them to your vera. It looks like it wasnt just the Jandy stuff as it also looks like your harmony and Virtual Panel plugin files were also deleted. If you don’t have them anymore go back to the old forum and you will find them there.

@rstrouse

Fortunately Vera Support was able to re-load them for me!

Back over in the .79 f/w thread, they’re talking of releasing a whole new f/w written from scratch. You may want to take a look…

Vera support is working on my VeraPlus again after a melt down when trying to do something as simple as adding a door sensor…

Anyhow, Pool Control shows up in the Devices Page after they restored it but it says: “Error executing function atjConfig.showConfigureTab(): atjConfig.showConfigureTab is not a function” when I try to configure it as all configuration has been lost in the plugin.

UGH