Jandy Pool Control

[quote=“ceskelund, post:40, topic:197378”]Well, I made the mistake (perhaps) of updating to the latest firmware and are getting some weird results. I had the Autelis Pool Plugin installed and working for about a month but after the firmware update, the App disappeared from my Installed Apps list. The devices that it had created were still there and working but the app was gone.

I just reinstalled the app and it created a new device (with new device number) but did not pick up the other previously created devices. Are there any options for re-associating the previously created devices with the newly installed app? I am not sure if this is causing my problems with other apps but my alerts have stopped sending and I am thinking it might be related.

Thanks[/quote]

I just came in to report intermittent issues with Jandy Pool Control Plugin with f/w 1.7.3831 on my VeraPlus. I updated the f/w on Thursday and the unit was issue prone until yesterday after a nearly 2-hour phone support conversation, including Vera Support in a remote session on my computer. They finally got it restored but a couple of Z-Wave devices (FortrezZ MIMO2 +, dual relay that run my pump speeds, actually) needed to be reset to get them responding again. The Pool Control Plugin has worked and then it shows it is not connected. I re-enter the Autelis Credentials and save to no avail but I can connect to Autelis at it’s own IP address without issue.

Here’s some screen grabs but what else do you need to check it out, Robert?

@ceskelund && @Sammy,

Under Users & Account Info, choose settings. Then check the “Enable potentially unsafe lua code, like wget & RunLua” checkbox. I think you also need to reload Luup after that.

[quote=“rstrouse, post:42, topic:197378”]@ceskelund && @Sammy,

Under Users & Account Info, choose settings. Then check the “Enable potentially unsafe lua code, like wget & RunLua” checkbox. I think you also need to reload Luup after that.[/quote]

I got it to be on more than off by going into Autelis and re-entering my Vera Creds there but it is off and on still.

I will “Enable potentially unsafe lua code…” and reload but can you get the app “official” so this isn’t a requirement?

Thanks, Robert!

Okay, I did all that, Reloaded the engine and refreshed my browser.

It was connected, then it disconnected again. Odd thing is that is seems some commands are going through.

Sammy,

I upgraded my Vera3 and Plus to the latest fw. Not without having to reset to factory settings. What a PITA and a crappy way to burn a Sunday. Anyhow the I am not experiencing your issue on the Pentair or the mock Jandy system. Could you please capture a log from the time it does a poll to Autelis and post it here?

[quote=“rstrouse, post:45, topic:197378”]Sammy,

I upgraded my Vera3 and Plus to the latest fw. Not without having to reset to factory settings. What a PITA and a crappy way to burn a Sunday. Anyhow the I am not experiencing your issue on the Pentair or the mock Jandy system. Could you please capture a log from the time it does a poll to Autelis and post it here?[/quote]

I certainly can do that. What’s that url again to get the log information? BTW, currently Pool Control is connected but it seems to go in and out of connection.

BTW, at least you have the skills to do what’s necessary; I was on a two hour support phone call with Vera Support in a remote session on my laptop to get my VeraPlus responsive enough that I could “Enable Support” so they could restore all my devices and scenes. In addition to Pool Control I have a few devices that are not found… I had to reset one of my MIMO2 + relays to control my pump speeds again via Vera.

About to ditch it and go with HomeSEER to tell the truth. It looks like HomeSEER has a Jandy Plugin but of course they charge for each one so it can get spendy quick so a better upgrade path is really what is needed from Vera above all.

Found it, I think…

/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Yeah the shenanigans are getting a bit much. I found that can’t detect devices are a recipe for all kinds of downstream effects as the controller tries to catch up with each failure. It takes longer to fail than to succeed.

Not quite ready to spring for the HomeSEER… I’m not sure but it looks like it is a software solution with a USB Z-Wave radio on a PC? I have a barely used ever NUC that I could re-purpose to run it but then I’m setting everything up again. For the most part my VeraPlus is working again but here’s a log to look at. Hope you can find what you are looking for in it.

I have a inkling that this may be a polling issue but am not sure how to ferret that out. Any advice?

I have new issues where Pool Control say is is connected but nothing is being controlled and I cannot edit and/or save settings.

Screen grabs attached.

Here’s the log for your reading enjoyment. This is two html log files taken a few minutes apart and zipped up since vera’s forum doesn’t allow large (as in log) files or zip format which is pretty much BS.

BTW, I still need to clear out some devices but Pool Control has been working fine actually so I haven’t got to it yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2YydZQc7ErdpBNCyq1puwuN45Qnu2wI/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_j3ebtmaTThoxkPgi2wGDZe_xDJcZNS/view?usp=sharing

(PS, further investigating going to OpenLUA or better yet, HomeSEER if pool control works with the former and there’s an Autelis plugin for the latter)

Released v1.1 on the first message in this topic due to fw changes made in 7.0.27.

Do you have a change log?

Mine is actually working right now or I think it is but I have not tried the shear descents, heater or spa since the latest f/w came out but the lights work so I’m perplexed.

Thanks!

BTW, only two files are current. Should I just drop those two and reload the engine / refresh the browser or should I do them all?

Thanks!

The only changes were in the L_ and the J_ files. You can simply drop the 2. This gets around the library changes made in fw 7.0.27

Thanks. I did this and will report back any issues. In this process I notice I have a few Pentair files in my system. I don’t think I need them so if I don’t, how do I remove them?

Thanks.

Did you install the Pentair plugin? I use WinSCP to remove files.

I think it got in there during early beta development of the Jandy Plugin.

I’ll WinSCP or use PuTTy but WinSCP is easier. What directory are these found in?

Thanks.

Autelis is not talking to Vera through Pool Control.

I had to manually turn on my lights with the Autelis web GUI and Vera doesn’t see it.