Last software update fail

After I got it working on my desk the first time, and after reading about port/cable sensitivity, I installed it in my closet in three ways:

1. Simply reconnected to the original cable and the original port
  2. Moved the original cable to the only other open port on the Ethernet switch
  3. With the cable I successfully used on my desk back in the original port

None worked, so I took it back to my desk, did a hard reset, and started the cycle again.

Truly bizarre. Not some clever network with port blocking or NAC on it?

Good luck!

C

No, I checked, essentially the two connection points are either a Netgear Gigabit Switch in the wiring closet, or a different Netgear Gigabit Switch in a storage room elsewhere. Both switches are directly connected to the router. Although the switches are ā€œmanageableā€, I havenā€™t done anything to manage either of them.

By the way, the comments about ports and/or cable effects are here

I say again, truly bizarre. I have nothing to offer :frowning:
C

I did a factory reset of the Netgear Gigabit Switch in the wiring closet, and et voila, itā€™s working!

Well at least youā€™re working and it wasnā€™t (probably) a Vera issue

C

Well thatā€™s where it gets interesting. Either the switch acted up by total coincidence at the same time I updated the Veraā€™s firmware, or something about the update or my attempts to recover afterwards triggered the switch lockup.

Very very odd indeed!

C

Any chance you can share the SCP process? Mostly around which files go where.

I always prefer more control to less and dread the firmware update process.

As I am digging further into itā€¦ it looks like SCP will be the simpler way to upgrade. I am still working on a script but if it does not work, I will provide the SCP method.

Script is released. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this script posted somewhere?

Yes in the vera extroot thread.