New Kodi add-on - "XBMC Z-Wave Vera Addon"

[quote=“alpha1, post:40, topic:190109”]Super progress with this.
Is the current version 0.2.2 still?

Thanks
N[/quote]

Yeah don’t think the version numbers have been changing, I’ve been downloading the zip file each time from the site and then extracting the new files over the existing ones in the kodi\addons\service.vera.addon folder, to update it each time.

Anyone still getting the “Debug not Completed” message each time anything is run?

Also I increased that time out setting to a really large number and I still get the “Please check your Vera IP…” message but not quite as often as previously.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:41, topic:190109”][quote=“alpha1, post:40, topic:190109”]Super progress with this.
Is the current version 0.2.2 still?

Thanks
N[/quote]

Yeah don’t think the version numbers have been changing, I’ve been downloading the zip file each time from the site and then extracting the new files over the existing ones in the kodi\addons\service.vera.addon folder, to update it each time.

Anyone still getting the “Debug not Completed” message each time anything is run?

Also I increased that time out setting to a really large number and I still get the “Please check your Vera IP…” message but not quite as often as previously.[/quote]

What about removing the “Please check your Vera IP…” message altogether?

It would be good to have an option in the add-on settings to hide all these messages.

I think my issue with these notification messages about the Vera IP might be related to Text-to-Speech.

For most of my Vera scenes I am using the Microsoft TTS engine with the Vera DLNA plug-in. So that when I run a scene it makes an announcement on the Logitech Squeezeboxes / speakers.

I have just edited a scene and removed the TTS action and now when I run this scene in Kodi with the on-screen menu I am no longer getting the message about the Vera IP address and each time it says “Vera Communication Successful”, this is with the timeout set at 500.

If I edit the scene and add back in the TTS action then the “Please check your Vera IP…” message starts being displayed again. Even if I increase the timeout to a big number like 500000 it still quite often displays this message.

So ideally in my case I’d need to be able just to hide all these notification messages from being displayed on screen in Kodi.

Also regarding the “Debug not Completed” notification message that appears all the time regardless.

Thanks

The people that are still getting notifications - do you have the “Debug Mode” (or Degub Mode as I now affectionally call it) setting set to No or Yes - Setting it to NO should remove all notifications except for “mission critical” ones.

I hope this helps… let me know if you are still having issues, I will try and fix this first as it would drive me insane if Kodi was rabbiting on about IP Addresses and Debug not blah blah blah every time I wanted to watch a movie.

With regard to version numbers, I am far too lazy to be updating the numbers like I should… I promise when this notification bug is squashed I will update to a new version number.

[quote=“smarthomecomau, post:45, topic:190109”]The people that are still getting notifications - do you have the “Debug Mode” (or Degub Mode as I now affectionally call it) setting set to No or Yes - Setting it to NO should remove all notifications except for “mission critical” ones.

I hope this helps… let me know if you are still having issues, I will try and fix this first as it would drive me insane if Kodi was rabbiting on about IP Addresses and Debug not blah blah blah every time I wanted to watch a movie.

With regard to version numbers, I am far too lazy to be updating the numbers like I should… I promise when this notification bug is squashed I will update to a new version number.[/quote]

Awesome
thanks

With Debug mode turned OFF in the addon settings →

When starting to play and stop videos or music I see no notification messages popping up at the moment.

However when using the scenes on-screen pop up menu and when selecting one from the list, it always pops up a notification saying “Debug Not Completed” every time.

Thanks

Hi All

Ive installed this addon and got everything working except the submenu for vera scenes.

Ive added the information within the configure element of the addon.

Ive created a keyboard.xml file in /userdata/keymaps/ with the following

SetProperty(veramenu,true,10000)

I have kodi installed on a raspberry Pi2 and use Yatse on my android phone as a remote and installed a keyboard the has a ctrl key.

nothing appears on screen when i press ctrl + y I have just got the default skin on kodi

Any help would be gratefully received

Cheers

I’d test it with a regular keyboard plugged in first does that work?

I recently installed this addon. I noticed that my door lock does not appear. I assumed it should? I also have no control over my thermostats or its settings. There is just an icon of a thermometer

Seems there are 2 threads about this add-on. I posted in the other what I hope would be possible in regard to having Kodi keyboard shortcuts directly trigger Vera Scenes. Any idea if that’s possible?

Is there where’s the other thread?

This is how I setup keyboard shortcuts in Kodi Openelec to run Vera scenes

It is a method independent of any of these Vera / Kodi add-ons.

Any news from the add-on developer about the future direction of this add-on? Is it still being worked on?

Thanks

It is a method independent of any of these Vera / Kodi add-ons.[/quote]

Reading your blog it appears that you are doing exactly what I’m asking for, just not in a Kodi based add-on. Would it be possible to incorporate your coding into this add-on or a fork of it if the developer doesn’t mind or want to support it further?

I’m trying to understand what you’ve done without being able to play with it directly myself at the moment but you’ve basically made a keyboard shortcut in Kodi trigger a Vera scene. That’s exactly what I’d love to have.

It is a method independent of any of these Vera / Kodi add-ons.[/quote]

Reading your blog it appears that you are doing exactly what I’m asking for, just not in a Kodi based add-on. Would it be possible to incorporate your coding into this add-on or a fork of it if the developer doesn’t mind or want to support it further?

I’m trying to understand what you’ve done without being able to play with it directly myself at the moment but you’ve basically made a keyboard shortcut in Kodi trigger a Vera scene. That’s exactly what I’d love to have.[/quote]

If you are running Windows rather than Linux you can setup a similar thing using .CMD files with wget http commands in them and AutoHotKey to map them to keyboard shortcuts.

This method doesn’t need or rely on Kodi being installed. I guess that you could do away with AutoHotKey and just use the Kodi keyboard.xml mappings to run the CMD files. This was originally setup for Windows Media Center which is why I had to use AutoHotkey etc.

The other blog post about Openlec obviously relies on Kodi and its keyboard.xml file mappings.

Basically I do this for Kodi / Openelec:

Create a python script which runs a curl command to send the http request to the home automation controller.

Edit the Kodi keyboard.xml file and add in a new keyboard shortcut that will run the python script.

Repeat for each scene or device, so you end up with multiple python script files and different keyboard shortcuts to run each of them.

I then program my universal remote control so I can run scenes and control devices in Vera when using my remote control and via the Kodi HTPC.

There is little to no development on the various Vera add-ons for Kodi, so I would not wait or expect anything new to be done any time soon.

I’ve gone through and done the scripting of the python files for the scenes I want to control. They are essentially the same as action files for the new CinemaVision addon. The only thing I’m unsure about is if the keyboard hotkey commands will work. Going to have to test it out.

Would be awesome if this was apart of an add-on itself somehow. I don’t know enough about python to be able to do it up myself. It’s a fix until a hub extender is added to the system, but hey it’s free.

Hello

If you want to be able to use Kodi keyboard shortcuts to run Vera scenes or control devices, I now have a working solution for you.

We don’t need Curl or WGET we just need a .py python script and a .vbs vbscript and to edit the Kodi keyboard.xml file.

This is for Kodi for Windows only.

Cheers

is this kodi addon broken since the vera 1.7.1707 update?

I cant get scenes to work.

Thanks
n

[quote=“alpha1, post:58, topic:190109”]is this kodi addon broken since the vera 1.7.1707 update?

I cant get scenes to work.

Thanks
n[/quote]

It still works OK for me as it did previously.

CW Kid.
you might be able to help

I have a rPI3 with the FLIRC usb IR module running LibreElec.

I have a harmony touch which i would like to access the vera addon to but i am struggling. I cant add the “Ctrl + Y” so want to use the red button or blue button on the remote to access the vera addon window but struggling…

Have you got any ideas or a suggestion?

Thanks
N