New plug-in (re-written from scratch) for OpenSprinkler, supporting zones, programs and more!

hello after installation it ma ma recognized all the valves but after startup it marks me ‘Opensprinkler Contro[517]: Startup Lua Failed’ thank you very much for having continued plugin waiting for an answer thank you

can you please download laster version (0.94.4) from GitHub and enable Verbose Logging?
instructions are on the readme. Thanks!

0.94.4 is online on GitHub.

New/Fixed feature:

• better handling of transient errors
  • initial support for rain delay has been fixed
  • better debug experience

In the next weeks I’ll work on Rain Delay Sensor, icons, and stabilize things. I will also improve error detecting.

1 Like

would these zones respond to the all on/off command? Would be catastrophic if I accidentally hit all on and each sprinkler zone turned on :sweat_smile:

No. They are mapped as different categories. Just be sure category and subcategory are mapped to valve/relays.

Hello a little novice in computer I do not know how to read readme.environment a response thank you for your support for your program A +

I suggest you to wait a couple of weeks. I will soon publish it in the store and it will be easier.

i had to revert back to the first version you posted but i find something quite strange

luup_log:847: OpenSprinkler(deviceMessage@217): OpenLuup detected <0x6bd95520>

but im not running openluup its off

and further

50 09/18/19 8:13:39.862 luup_log:847: OpenSprinkler: STARTUP! <0x771d6520>
50 09/18/19 8:13:39.862 luup_log:847: OpenSprinkler: Running on OpenLuup: true <0x771d6520>

cleared that out by commenting the lines out

on my ospi

local cmdParams = {
“en=” … tostring(state and “1” or “0”), – enable flag
“t=” … tostring(seconds), – timeout, for programs only
“sid=” … tostring(zoneIndex), – station id, for stations
“pid=” … tostring(programIndex), – program id, for programs
“uwt=0” – use weather adjustment
}

a default Timeout has to be sent in order to turn on the zone
so this
/ 20190918090921
// http://192.168.15.130:8080/cm?pw=a6d82bced638de3def1e9bbb4983225c&sid=0&en=1
wont turn the zone on - result = 16
prettyt much why i keep gettin actionPower: Command skipped everytime oi try to enable a zone
{
“result”: 16
}

but this
/ / 20190918085744
// http://192.168.15.130:8080/cm?pw=a6d82bced638de3def1e9bbb4983225c&sid=0&en=1&t=1800

{
  "result": 1
}

will turn the zone on for 30 mins
so for OSPI we need a default timeout

i see where u have the Dimmer level as seconds (level *60) but it sends the

“t=” … tostring(seconds), – timeout, for programs only
for programs only, programs don’t need a timeout on ospi

programs just need the PID

// 20190918094248
// http://192.168.15.130:8080/mp?pw=a6d82bced638de3def1e9bbb4983225c&pid=0

{
“result”: 1
}
on OSPI
so as far as UI7 the parameters are all correct but the implementation is that throwing things off on my end
my 2 sense

I will take a further look later this week. The last one is just a comment error, this is indeed necessary for zones, not for programs. Thanks for your feedback.

Minor fix on github. You should resolve your problems and openluup should be detected ok now.

im not using openluup

OpenSprinkler Controller[847] : Startup Lua Failed

the only one that works is the first version every other viersion causes startup failiure

everything after local _PLUGIN_VERSION = “0.92b” doesnt startup

im thinking changing from tostring tonumber caused this

i think there is something wrong with tonumber in UI7

so this line

L(“Plugin starting: %1 - v%2”, _PLUGIN_NAME, _PLUGIN_VERSION)

is causing the plugin not to start

think it should be
L(“Plugin starting: %1 - %2”, _PLUGIN_NAME, _PLUGIN_VERSION)

i swapped it for L(“STARTUP!”) an it started

I’m out of town at the moment, so I can only test on openluup. I will be back in two days and check with a proper Vera.

thats ok, i am just posting everything that i find.
I know that u were out of town i was just working on it as i go along

Unfortunately, your noted suggestions weren’t successful for me. I am thinking I will wait until it is fully published in the app store. Do you have any idea when that might be?

Thank you.

its published to run on openluup not UI7

Will UI7 be available?

UI7 should work. Unfortunately I’m busy at the moment, but I will fix it very soon.

still don’t have the plug in working is there any updates?

still working on it. I had some work and personal things to do, but I’ll be back in a week or two and prepare for a v1 release (on the store as well).

2 Likes