openLuup: Known working plugins

I’m hoping with the contribution of others we can have a running list of known working plugins… As much as we all try to stay away from ‘adjusting’ code, if you had to (for whatever reason) please explain or post the update needed to get it up and running.

Note: that any plugin in the AltAppStore with an Alt button to download should work!

Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3/4 (thanks to Cybrmage). [CN]
Arduino - connect to MySensors Ethernet gateway (not serial, unless you use ser2net or similar). [AK]
ALTHue. [@amg0]
BatteryMonitor. [rafale77]
Caseta Connect. [cybrmage]
Chamberlain MyQ (local ltn12 = require “ltn12” for proper operation). [DesT]
Combination Switch (by @futzle). [jswim788]
CountdownTimer (by @futzle). [jcsv75]
DataMine. [explorer]
DataMine2 [a-lurker, requires manual intervention to set up]
DataYours (obviously). [CN]
DayTime. [explorer]
Deus Ex Machina II (@RigPapa). [rafale77]
ecobee (@Watou) [modified by @rafale77 to work on openLuup]
Enphase Envoy Solar Monitor. [reneboer]
EventWatcher. [AK]
FritzBox Sensor [reneboer]
GC100 [a-lurker: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37268.msg320919.html#msg320919]
Google Calendar (1.3 - 1.4; Verified 2.01 works w/ updated GCal3.lua when not Vera/OpenWRT). [CN]
Harmony Hub Control (thanks to reneboer). [CN]
Heliotrope. [AK]
Homewave Push. [CN]
Honeywell TCC (thanks to Mikee). [CN]
HouseMode. [DesT]
ImperiHomeDevice. [explorer]
IPhoneLocator 2.34. [amg0]
ISYController (adjusted; thanks to explorer). [explorer]
IOS Push. [CN]
Magic Home Wifi LED Control (using “Magic Home Wifi LED Control” written by ceefin.) [NikV]
MiLightRGBW (RexBeckett). [ChrisTheC]
MQTT (Mosquitto). [CN]
Multi-string (aka Variable Container). [CN]
MultiSwitch (it uses pluto-lzo to re-write button labels, so that command doesn’t work). [AK]
… but can me made to [thanks @reneboer] http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37771.msg282592.html#msg282592
MyQ [DesT] but needs a one-line mod, see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36939.msg334724.html#msg334724
Nest (Watou version). [CN]
Netatmo. [AK]
OpenSprinkler [DesT] (replace json require “/usr/lib/lua/akb-json” with “openLuup.json”)
Opentherm Gateway. [reneboer]
openWeather (thanks to logread; found here [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36777.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36777.0.html[/url]). [logread]
OWserver [a-lurker: may need to fiddle with json lib file and location]
Philips Hue by MCV (v.092 thanks to Cybrmage). [CN]
Ping Sensor. [CN]
PioneerReceiver (I developed a new version of the plugin on openLuup/ALTUI : GitHub - sle118/mios-pioneer-receiver: Pioneer receiver plugin with status and events). [sle118] [rafele77]
Plantlink (originally by @airedale?) [@rafale77 modified for openLuup and UI7: GitHub - rafale77/Vera-Plantlink: Plantlink Vera plugin]
Rainforest Automation HEM (requires Lua BitOp). [CN]
RGBController. [vosmont]
RFXTRX via usb [Forzaalfa]
RulesEngine (thanks to Vosmont). [vosmont]
SiteSensor. [RigPapa]
Smart Virtual Thermostat (edit the L_SmartVT so that the function AvgTemperature does not check a battery level). [logread]
SMTP Notification [jswim788]
Sonos (many thanks goes out to Explorer for the much needed adjustments). [explorer]
Squeezebox (provided that the default protocol of ‘cr’ is implemented in openLuup or in the device file). [sle118]
UPnPProxy (adjusted; many thanks to Explorer). [explorer]
UPS Sensor [reneboer]
Venstar Colortouch. [cybrmage]
Virtual Rain Sensor (@blakem). [rafale77]
Virtual Switch. [logread]
Wink Connect. [cybrmage]
Yamaha-RX-HTTP. [a-lurker]
YouLess Energymeter. [Egbert]

I take it you’ll be updating the first post in this thread according to others’ responses? I can help with that.

Unmodified we have, for a start:

Arduino - connect to MySensors Ethernet gateway (not serial, unless you use ser2net or similar)
EventWatcher
Heliotrope
MultiSwitch - but it uses pluto-lzo to re-write button labels, so that command doesn’t work
Netatmo

Can we keep it in alphabetical order?

Absolutely…

[quote=“akbooer, post:2, topic:191659”]I take it you’ll be updating the first post in this thread according to others’ responses? I can help with that.

Unmodified we have, for a start:

Arduino - connect to MySensors Ethernet gateway (not serial, unless you use ser2net or similar)
EventWatcher
Heliotrope
MultiSwitch - but it uses pluto-lzo to re-write button labels, so that command doesn’t work
Netatmo[/quote]

The latest version of Wink Connect, Caseta Connect and Venstar Colortouch plugins also work…

ok! Added to the list [AK]

The YouLess Energymeter works without any problems.

Virtual Switch from chixxi works as well

The Smart Virtual Thermostat works with some minor tweaking: edit the L_SmartVT so that the function AvgTemperature does not check a battery level (as a proxy check for the device being alive) from the parent device of the surveyed sensors. I can post instructions if anyone needs these

Not sure if this fits this thread, but I rewrote and posted a (simplified) Weather Underground plugin since the original was encrypted and therefore not running on openLuup

[quote=“logread, post:7, topic:191659”]The Smart Virtual Thermostat works with some minor tweaking: edit the L_SmartVT so that the function AvgTemperature does not check a battery level (as a proxy check for the device being alive) from the parent device of the surveyed sensors. I can post instructions if anyone needs these

Not sure if this fits this thread, but I rewrote and posted a (simplified) Weather Underground plugin since the original was encrypted and therefore not running on openLuup[/quote]
logread, I would be grateful if you could post the instructions for modifying L_SmartVT, many thanks.

RulesEngine works

@dsroberts1945,

I just found another issue with porting the Smart Virtual Thermostat… It is actually not yet fully functional… Am debugging this now and will shortly create a thread with the changes to make. Will send you a PM when I do this

…wonder if you could try out the new VeraBridge v2.0 in the development branch? This may obviate the need for your source code change. Be interested to know! Thanks.

Will test as soon as possible after the Easter break and let you know

@Akbooer,

I tested the Smart VT plugin with your lastest openLuup development branch from GitHub. As expected the child to parent upward check now works fine with VeraBridge 2.0, but the issue with the variables declared in the I_ file being invisible to the code in the L_ file remains… I started looking into how the updated loader works (I am puzzled with that issue…) but for now I still cannot get the unmodified plugin to work.

I have these working with openLuup:

original

[ul][li]DataMine[/li]
[li]DayTime[/li]
[li]ImperiHomeDevice[/li][/ul]

adjusted

[ul][li]ISYController[/li]
[li]Sonos[/li]
[li]UPnPProxy[/li][/ul]

You can add IPhoneLocator 2.34 to the list , it works fine on openLuup when directly installed on openLuup.

However there is a limitation if you access it from you VERA via VeraBridge. Since VeraBridge inserts itself as a parent for the “remote” device, IPhoneLocator proxied device “thinks” it is a child device ( as opposed to a device with no parent ). So when trying to configure it in ALTUI, you will only see a subset of the configuration options. for instance you will not be able to configure the settings for iCloud/Polling parameters. The workaround in that case is that you configure it on the VERA itself.

But that is typically a device that should run on openLuup to freeup your vera from non zWave related stuff.

RGBController by @vosmont now works, unmodified, including animations, since VeraBridge now clones the ZWave device #1 of the first Vera it bridges.

I’ve tested this with a Fibaro RGBW device on a Vera Edge bridged to openLuup.

Hi, can anyone please point me to the modified Sonos plugin for openluup? Thanks!

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37068.45.html
Specifically these two threads (files modified by Explorer). Reply 58 has an updated L_Sonos
Reply #47 on: April 14, 2016, 09:50:09 am ?
Reply #58 on: April 16, 2016, 10:24:09 am ?

@CudaNet Thanks!

Last night I tried Futzle’s Countdown Timer plugin on Openluup. (Github master version).

The plugin installs fine. (version 8.0). However I haven’t managed to use the countdown timer successfully. For my test I created two scenes, one that triggers a 60 seconds timer start by watching the variable change from a light switch. (the timer starts counting down as expected). Then I created a second scene triggered by the completion of the timer which should turn the light off. However, the second scene is never triggered. I tried both variable watch (event new == (1)), and device action (Timer completed while not muted).

I will try to do some more testing and report back.

Jacques