PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

Please note schedule maintenance 25 Feb 2015

Dear Total Connect Comfort user,

This is notification that Honeywell will be performing planned maintenance on the infrastructure providing our Total Connect Comfort service.
This planned outage is necessary to keep the environment secure and continue to deliver the best possible service.

Total Connect Comfort will not be available to use - 25th February between 08:00 - 14:00 CET (07:00 ? 13:00 GMT)

Users of our connected products will not be able to issue commands remotely via the Total Connect Comfort App, or any other partner interfaces such as IFTTT.

Local control of the products will not be impacted by this planned maintenance and will continue to operate at they should. You are not required to perform any actions as the system will resume without any interaction.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Total Connect Comfort Team

Mine has always been in the same “room” and I have the issue.

Mine were all in same room, and now moved to separate rooms, i had the connection issue both ways.

Did not attempt upgrade to UI7 because of horror stories.

Hardware: Vera3
My Vera 3 WAN port is plugged into my router, it keeps a consistent IP on the local network, and even when I log in remotely, all changes take place instantaneously, its just the plugin keeps getting host not found errors and fails to reconnect.

Is LUA/Luup updating handled differently in your UI7 test environment? How long is the certificate/cookie being kept? Any time variables hardcoded? My Vera is on EDT, I checked the clock because I thought it was strange that it always happens 1-2 hours after I close the browser, which makes me think all is well until it goes to re-authenticate in the background.

When authenticating manually, or when control panel is open in the browser, it works fine.

plugin seems broken since last night? The total connect comfort were down for maintenance last night, not sure if something has changed.
Basically, the authentication is successful, however the refresh is unsuccessful with error code 2.

Just checked my system. Vera was giving error message. Logged directly into TCC webpage myself and found they had new Use Agreement I had to check and sign. Once I did that the Vera could get back in. Nothing wrong with your plugin. It just didn’t know what to do with the new agreement prompt.

Yeah, that does the trick. Thanks!

Still have host not found and no auto reconnect. Strange. Any suggestions Joey?

JoeyD –
Thank you for this plugin. It was easy to install and was up and working within minutes. (UI5).

I’m not a techie and so I have a couple of very basic questions I’d like to ask you.

1. Will the TCC schedule I currently use - keep working now that I am using the plugin?

2. Currently, my thermostat has no temperature “high and low locks”. If you stand in front of the thermostat you can increase or decrease to whatever temp you want with out limits. Can I establish limits using this plugin?

3. In the past I’ve been locked out of my thermostat if someone puts the thermostat in Vacation Mode. Will be able to “disable” vacation mode or keep someone from using it?

4. On the HTCC Parent Advanced tab it says “Controlled Via” - No Parent/Please Select. What do I select as the parent?

5. On the Child device - did you make a decision about the Energy function with the Energy and Normal buttons?

6. I’ve gotten a failed command issue. I saw a question below – “What was your set-point suppossed to be (and what was supposed to set it: honeywell schedule, or Vera scene? And when?)” - could you tell me where I find this information.

Thanks for you help and patience with my questions . I appreciate it!

Did anyone bother to read the EULA?? WOW…

I tell you what these companies are getting out of hand with the data being collected and shared…

Here is a small snippet.

HONEYWELL CONNECTED HOME PRIVACY STATEMENT This Privacy Statement covers the use of certain Honeywell products and services delivered to you via apps or web pages, including Honeywell software for use on Honeywell products and communications networks, Honeywell software allowing web-based interface and underlying functionality and access to Honeywell services, Honeywell web and mobile device applications software, Honeywell websites, and any Honeywell networks related to any of the foregoing (collectively, the ?Honeywell Services? or ?Services?) and the licensure of software products identified above, which includes computer and application software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation, and any future versions, releases, updates, patches, error fixes and bug fixes of the above software ("Honeywell Software"). For convenience, we refer to the combination of products, software, websites, apps, and services we provide to you as the ?System.? You understand that through your use of the System you consent to the collection and use of certain information as described in this Privacy Statement, including the transfer of this information to the United States and/or other countries for storage, processing and use by Honeywell. Although the laws that protect personal information in those countries may differ from the laws where you live, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our websites and giving your information to us, you consent to the transfer of the data outside of your country of residence. This Privacy Statement is subject to change and we will notify you in the event of a material change by posting such change prominently on the System; your continued use of the System after such changes will indicate your consent to the revised Statement. Honeywell collects information relating to you and your use of the System in order to provide services and features that are easy to use and responsive to your needs. We use the term ?Consumer Information? to refer to any personally identifiable or anonymous information relating to you or your use of the System. We use Consumer Information for a wide variety of purposes, as described below:

[ul][li]Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your Contact Information with anyone without your express consent.[/li]
[li]?Contact Information? means information that allows someone to identify or contact you or any user authorized by you to contact or interface with the System (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address). We may use your Contact Information to market Honeywell and third-party products and services to you via various methods. [/li]
[li]You can stop the delivery of future promotional emails from us by following the specific instructions in advertising emails you may receive. These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of the Services. [/li]
[li]?Service Information? means information necessary or useful to us in providing the System to you. Examples of Service Information includes, but is not limited to, your home profile (e.g., zip or postal code, home size), home system configuration (e.g., appliances monitored by the System, schedule, mode, automation, thermostat, security, and lifestyle system settings), devices you use and how/when you use them (e.g., types, model numbers, software version numbers, OS types) which will enable us to provide you with information regarding upgrades, error fixes, and software updates, and the level of Service. This information is used by us for the operation of the System, to provide the Services, to maintain quality of the System and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the System, among other things. We may also use Service Information for customer support, System restoration, and research and development activities for new products and services, and other similar purposes. Finally, we may provide certain Service Information to selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes, where we have obtained your specific consent. [/li]
[li]?Usage Information? related to thermostats is information including, but not limited to, actual indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity information, GPS/geolocation information, thermostat usage data such as heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (?HVAC?) relay status, runtimes, settings, time of events in home, audio clips, HVAC diagnostic and usage logs from the HVAC system and alerts from the HVAC system, as well as information about your electrical usage relating to electrical loads monitored by the System, your overall household electrical usage, the interaction of your thermostat and third party devices and your use of the System, among other things. ?Usage Information? related to security, video, fire or lifestyle systems is information including, but not limited to, the time of events in the home, scheduling, arm/disarm or other usage schedules, usage and alert logs, including your use of the functions and features available in the System, video or audio clips of activities in the home or business, GPS/geolocation information, and photos stored in the System. We receive this type of information from your System and we may collect this information and other similar Usage Information for other products we may offer now or in the future. Usage Information may also include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses and Wi-Fi service set identifier. This information is used by us for the operation of the System, to provide the Services, to maintain quality of the System and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the System. We may use personally identifiable Usage Information to provide you with feedback about your energy use, your security and home automation system and controls, to help you set energy goals/budgets and track your progress, and to provide you customized content (such as tips and recommendations for reducing energy usage, home security tips, home automation advice, trend monitoring, energy analytics, etc.) and other purposes similar to the foregoing. We may also use Usage Information for customer support, System restoration, and research and development activities for new products and services, and other purposes similar to the foregoing. Finally, we may provide certain Usage Information to selected third parties, such as our business partners, for marketing purposes, where we have obtained your specific consent. [/li]
[li]Sometimes we may ?anonymize? Consumer Information by removing any identifier that can be associated with your personal Contact Information. Anonymous Consumer Information helps us develop reports and analyses about how our customers use our System and for other research such as behavioral inferences. We may publically share or sell anonymous Consumer Information and reports and analyses based on anonymous Consumer Information. We may disclose aggregated, anonymous Consumer Information, and analyses and reports derived from such information to third parties including utilities, our service providers, suppliers, advertisers, merchants, consumer and market research companies and other organizations. [/li]
[li]We use tools to collect information from users of the System, including cookies and web beacons; we may use these tools to remember personal information when you use the Services in order to understand and analyze trends, to administer the System, to learn about user behavior on the System, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising both on and off the System. You can change the settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from a website you visit. If you decline cookies your service with the System may be slower and not optimal. We use 4 types of cookies at Honeywell: (1) Strictly Necessary, (2) Performance, (3) Functionality & Profile and (4) Advertising.[/li][/ul]
And it goes on and on and on…

Oh I should add, that even agreeing to the EULA didn’t fix the plug-in for me.

I have used this plugin for weeks without an issue. Now the refresh is failing, and the current temp is either not updating or is off a couple of degrees. Wonder if Honeywell changed something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To add to the issue, temperature changes in Vera are reflected in HTC, but changes in HTC, are not reflected in Vera. I get an error code 2 on the refresh.

Actually going on the web interface for HTC seemed to cure my issue after a few minutes . Very strange.

Have had several internet drops and one power outage in the last few weeks. Have to go into the plugin TCC Setup and click Login each time to get a good connection once again. Is there some refresh setting I don’t have set or is this the norm? The power outage was at 2 AM and I was still disconnect at 7 AM until I did the manual login in the TCC Setup.

I noticed today that my own unit was not refreshing. I went to honeywell’s TCC site and when I logged in there I needed to accept a new licensing agreement upon logging in. That might be the root of many people’s recent refresh issues.

Go ahead and log directly into TCC, accept the licensing agreement, and then after waiting a few minutes try re-logging in again with the Vera plug-in.

[quote=“JoeyD, post:95, topic:185402”]I noticed today that my own unit was not refreshing. I went to honeywell’s TCC site and when I logged in there I needed to accept a new licensing agreement upon logging in. That might be the root of many people’s recent refresh issues.

Go ahead and log directly into TCC, accept the licensing agreement, and then after waiting a few minutes try re-logging in again with the Vera plug-in.[/quote]

Yep, and I just wanted to add, in my case it took almost 2 hours before I could authenticate so be patient… :wink:

JoeyD,

look back at post #84. I responded to and cleared the new agreement on Feb 25. That should be a one time deal. I just checked and it wasn’t there. I think there is something else happening with the plugin refresh. This seems to happen to me whenever there is a power outage or I lose connection to the web.

The Honeywell app didn’t have the agreement to accept, and only the site had it. It does seem that it helped although the connection isn’t proven by any means.

Accepting the agreement on the website helped for a few days, but it’s back to not working for me. Everything was working smoothly prior to the maintenance night last week. Crossing my fingers for a permanent fix for this awesome plugin…having to log in each time on the Android app is annoying!

Still is working OK for me.