Plugin: Smart Meter DSMR P1 port Reader

Hi Rene,

Just got my Vera Edge yesterday, installed your app and works like a charm. :slight_smile:

Is there an option to log and show the data in a graphic? Iā€™m new to ā€œThe World of Veraā€ so maybe itā€™s a stupid questionā€¦

[quote=ā€œxs4reak, post:41, topic:187190ā€]Hi Rene,

Just got my Vera Edge yesterday, installed your app and works like a charm. :slight_smile:

Is there an option to log and show the data in a graphic? Iā€™m new to ā€œThe World of Veraā€ so maybe itā€™s a stupid questionā€¦[/quote]
Hi welcome to our world :slight_smile:

As you know there are no stupid questions.

For graphing you can use DataMine. that is no longer maintained, but it still is working just fine for me, and is relatively easy to get going. A second option is DataYours developed by akbooer. A bit more setup required than DataMine, but for energy devices including the smart meter it can make nice daily, weekly, monthly graphs. you can find the details here [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,43.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,43.0.html[/url].

Cheers Rene

Thanks! Iā€™ll get the apps and see how far I get.

Hi Rene,

I recently updated the app from v1.0 to 1.4. Now iā€™m not getting any data anymore.
Any ideas on this. Ik already tried to uninstall en reinstall the app

It seems like my cable is causing the problemā€¦ donā€™t mind my last post

Hi Rene,

is it possible to create a child-device for the 3 import power groups and the 3 export groups ?
I see that the app reads the 3 fase groups from the SmartMeter and I like to see that back in ImperiHome.

The latest beta of Imperihome support the Gas meter :smiley: (on my request) [urn:schemas-rboer-com:device:SmartMeterGAS:1]. So now I can finally see the electricity and gas usage in Imperihome (next up: the water meter).

Hi nlrb, thanks for that request. Much appreciated.

Cheers Rene

[quote=ā€œBozo, post:46, topic:187190ā€]Hi Rene,

is it possible to create a child-device for the 3 import power groups and the 3 export groups ?
I see that the app reads the 3 fase groups from the SmartMeter and I like to see that back in ImperiHome.[/quote]
Hi bozo,

I am working on a new version and can include that. I am about to get a three phase connection my self. Iā€™m thinking about making it a configurable option as it does not really have a propose when you have a single phase connection.

Cheers Rene

Since a couple of days it seems the plugin stopped updating the gas meter value. It still has the same value as two days ago. I do not see any gas readings in the log (donā€™t know how exactly they should appear there though, never really looked for them before).

What can this be? I did not change anything on my Vera. Is it still likeky to be a Vera/plugin issue, or can the meter itself also have a problem? On the small digital gauge on the gas meter, the correct value shows. Is there a way to check if this value is correctly transmitted (wireless) to the smart meter, and from there through the serial connection?

[quote=ā€œmvzut, post:50, topic:187190ā€]Since a couple of days it seems the plugin stopped updating the gas meter value. It still has the same value as two days ago. I do not see any gas readings in the log (donā€™t know how exactly they should appear there though, never really looked for them before).

What can this be? I did not change anything on my Vera. Is it still likeky to be a Vera/plugin issue, or can the meter itself also have a problem? On the small digital gauge on the gas meter, the correct value shows. Is there a way to check if this value is correctly transmitted (wireless) to the smart meter, and from there through the serial connection?[/quote]
Hi,

I am not seeing the same issue. Best advice is to set the Log level to Debug and see in the LuaPNP.log file what is going on. You should see the gas value transmitted to the Vera. If not you may be able to ask your energy company if they can see it or see what the reading is on their portal. Many show you the reading of last month or so.

Cheers Rene

[quote=ā€œreneboerā€][quote=ā€œmvzut, post:50, topic:187190ā€]Since a couple of days it seems the plugin stopped updating the gas meter value. It still has the same value as two days ago. I do not see any gas readings in the log (donā€™t know how exactly they should appear there though, never really looked for them before).

What can this be? I did not change anything on my Vera. Is it still likeky to be a Vera/plugin issue, or can the meter itself also have a problem? On the small digital gauge on the gas meter, the correct value shows. Is there a way to check if this value is correctly transmitted (wireless) to the smart meter, and from there through the serial connection?[/quote]
Hi,

I am not seeing the same issue. Best advice is to set the Log level to Debug and see in the LuaPNP.log file what is going on. You should see the gas value transmitted to the Vera. If not you may be able to ask your energy company if they can see it or see what the reading is on their portal. Many show you the reading of last month or so.

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Ok, hereā€™s what the log says:

luup_log:40: Smart Meter: Found key : 0-1:24.2.1 for GasMeter but failed to obtain value from (151005220000S)(00550.004*m3)

and

luup_log:40: Smart Meter: Err MSG: [string "-- Module L_SmartMeter.lua..."]:394: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'ts' (a nil value)

The 550.004 is the value that is displayed on the physical meter itself, so it can obviously see that. But it appears that it cannot convert it into data that Vera can use?! For info: I have a Kaifa ma105, recognized by the plugin as ā€œKFM5KAIFA-METERā€ with DSMR version 42. Any ideas what could cause this Rene?

Martijn

Hi mvzut,

Can you look at the Gas device GasMeter_Frac and SMLog values?

Cheers Rene

[quote=ā€œreneboer, post:53, topic:187190ā€]Hi mvzut,

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Hi Rene,

GasMeter_Frac reads ā€œ526.33ā€, i.e. the value from a couple of days ago.
SMLog reads ā€œ526330,526326,0,946689402,-496946915ā€

Martijn

[quote=ā€œmvzut, post:54, topic:187190ā€][quote=ā€œreneboer, post:53, topic:187190ā€]Hi mvzut,

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Hi Rene,

GasMeter_Frac reads ā€œ526.33ā€, i.e. the value from a couple of days ago.
SMLog reads ā€œ526330,526326,0,946689402,-496946915ā€

Martijn[/quote]
Hi Martijn,
I figured out why it is happening. There should not be a negative value in the SMLog value. I will look for a fix and see why it happened.

What you can do now, if change the settings not to include the Gas Meter, wait for the vera to reload, and then include the GAs Meter again. That should reset things. I hope you have no triggers and stuff attached to it.

I am working on a new version and I will include code to avoid this condition from happening again.

Cheers Rene

I did use the deviceā€™s data in a couple of Lua scripts in scenes, to create Multistring devices with the daily and monthly energy use, to be diplayed in Imperihome. Nevertheless, I did what you said, changed my Lua scripts, and it works again! Thanks for the quick response.

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for writing this plugin.

Since 5 days iā€™am using the Vera Edge for my home and still learning the interface and possibilities. After installing this plugin i wanted to monitor the values, after trying all the data-plugins i stumbled upon AltUi with thingspeak.

After i entered all the correct information it does not show the values for Gas flow and GasMeter_flow. Included a screenshot of the settings.
The kWh and watts are showing correctly at this point.

Any idea what iā€™am doing wrong?

Hi All,

Just posted version 1.5. See first message for details.

Version 1.5 changes:

• Added option to show three line(phase) power meters to show the wattage per phase. Only useful if you have a three phase connection.
  • Added notifications on nearly all parameters.

Cheers Rene

My Vera runs V1.3 of the Smart Meter DSMR.
Auto update is on.
Why do i havenā€™t V1.5 ?
How can i update the app to v1.5 ? Vera doesnā€™t do it automatic.

Hi Bozo,

I also found the auto update does not always happen, it seems a known issue but still not fixed. Also Mios(Vera) have not yet released the new 1.5 version. If you put the link in the first article in your browser with your Veraā€™s IP address you can force the update even without it being officially released. You have to do this local though. I do not think it worked remotely.

Cheers Rene