Plugin: Smart Meter DSMR P1 port Reader

I get a error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 50: xmlns:u: ‘Unknown Service’ is not a valid URI
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

OK

But i see that Vera has updated it tonight to 1.5 :smiley:
Thanks.

Hi Bozo,

Yes that is because the reply from the update server is not pure HTML so nothing odd in that. Good that the link did it for you.

Cheers Rene

PS: You can also install ALTUI. That has an option to force an update, to the latest version available in the App market. Besides al the other goodies that come with it.

Hi rene

After I unplugged the cable and plugged it in again i het to set the port again to… no problem
baud, 9600… parity: even and databits: 7
i do not get any new values… any idea what’s wrong?

[quote=“TwannieM, post:63, topic:187190”]Hi rene

After I unplugged the cable and plugged it in again i het to set the port again to… no problem
baud, 9600… parity: even and databits: 7
i do not get any new values… any idea what’s wrong?[/quote]
Hi Twan,

Those are for older meter types. With yours it should be 115200 baud, no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit.

Cheers Rene

aha, thanks rene!!

That worked.

Rene, can I decrease the interval for data to have less load to the Vera?

[quote=“TwannieM, post:66, topic:187190”]That worked.

Rene, can I decrease the interval for data to have less load to the Vera?[/quote]
Nope, the meter sends its data every 10 seconds. No option to change that.

Cheers Rene

Ok?, thanks

Hi Rene,

I am switching over from a serial2usb to a serial2ethernet connection. Could you add the option to connect to IP instead of a serial device? I can give you the code if you like.

Thanks!

Hi nlrb,

I can sure try. Shoot me the code. You can do the testing I assume?

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,

See below the code change (tested).

-- Check if connected via IP local ip = luup.devices[THIS_DEVICE].ip if (ip ~= nil and ip ~= "" and ip ~= "127.0.0.1") then local ipaddr, port = string.match(ip, "(.-):(.*)") if (port == nil) then ipaddr = ip port = 80 end log("IP = " .. ipaddr .. ", port = " .. port) luup.io.open(THIS_DEVICE, ipaddr, tonumber(port)) end -- Check serial port connection if (luup.io.is_connected(THIS_DEVICE) == false) then setluupfailure(1, THIS_DEVICE) return false, "No IP:port or serial device specified. Visit the Serial Port configuration tab and choose how the device is attached.", string.format("%s[%d]", luup.devices[THIS_DEVICE].description, THIS_DEVICE) else log("Opening serial port") end

Grtz.

Just migrated from the old P1CC_Vera3_Vera_Lite from smartmeterdashboard.nl to your official App.
Works like a charm, only had to remap the serial device and voila.

I do have a few questions and a remark.

1. I also use Eventwatcher with sysloging, does it have any effect to also configure it in the Smartmeter device?
  2. I see that House and T1 are reported both for WATTS to syslog, but not fort KWH.
  3. In the config/setting, when setting Include Power Generator to NO it still shows the subfields. And it changes the Power generator device all the time (i dont use it somita only anoying)
  4. In the control-tab it shows my meter: ISk5\2ME382-1003 but not its number and DSMR version, is that ok?
  5. All device seem ro be connected to the primary device “roomwise” is that b design? In other words i cannot place the primary device in another room then the sub dvices, it forces it back after a save action, never seen that before.

Thnx!

Mca

[quote=“mcalistair, post:72, topic:187190”]Just migrated from the old P1CC_Vera3_Vera_Lite from smartmeterdashboard.nl to your official App.
Works like a charm, only had to remap the serial device and voila.

I do have a few questions and a remark.

1. I also use Eventwatcher with sysloging, does it have any effect to also configure it in the Smartmeter device?[/quote]
    Setting watches on variables should be transparent as far as I know.

I’m not using Eventwatcher so no idea why that would not see the KWH value changing.

I guess you are on UI5 then. I did not make it too fancy for that. I tried a bit more for UI7. I could give it a try to update that too.

It could be the meter does not report the version. If you enable debug logging, you can see in the LuaUPnP.log the values skipped (or in the syslog you configure).

Yes this is a option in the code when the child devices get created. I can make it an configurable option if you want.

[quote=“mcalistair, post:72, topic:187190”]Thnx!

Mca[/quote]

Cheers Rene

[quote=“nlrb, post:71, topic:187190”]Hi Rene,

See below the code change (tested).
Grtz.[/quote]

Thanks. Including it in the next release. Should be in a week or two.

Cheers rene

Ok, What is your syslogserver definition syntax for this app? is it :?

No Problem I will spam “akbooer” for that if needed :wink:

Yes, My “productive” Vera is Vera3@UI5… Only change it if you want to, its manageable.

I will debug it first, if help is needed I’ll post it again.

Only change it if you want to, its manageable and explained.

Thanks and Cheers!

[quote=“mcalistair, post:75, topic:187190”]Ok, What is your syslogserver definition syntax for this app? is it :?

Only change it if you want to, its manageable and explained.

Thanks and Cheers![/quote]

Just a small update to everyone moving from the non-app-store “P1CC_Vera3_Vera_Lite from smartmeterdashboard.nl” to this official appstore app for P1 metering…
The KWH is not send every time the WATTs is updated… only every 15minutes.
That’s why I didn’t see it at first. :-[ :-[ :-[

Regarding the use of this App together with the EventViewer App and using a Syslog Server, then is is sufficient to only use the Syslog config in the EventViewer App.
Leave it blank in this App.

Cheers!

[quote=“mcalistair, post:77, topic:187190”]Just a small update to everyone moving from the non-app-store “P1CC_Vera3_Vera_Lite from smartmeterdashboard.nl” to this official appstore app for P1 metering…
The KWH is not send every time the WATTs is updated… only every 15minutes.
That’s why I didn’t see it at first. :-[ :-[ :-[

Cheers![/quote]
Hi, maybe because I only write variables when the value has changed (saves on NVRAM writes I assume so I use it as best practice in all my apps)? For KWH that would not be every ten seconds. There is also a KWH_FRAC that reports in Wh and would be changing often.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,
I see the new plugin for the smartmeter, excellent job! I want to add the values to datamine, since this app is still being used by Imperihome for graphs.

When assigning them in Datamine, I notice that there are some values that can be watched, eg for gas there are on Smartmeter Importgas : Actualusage, wholehouse, flow, gasmeter, gasmeter_frac, SMlog. What do they do?

Cheers edrakat

Hi edrakat,
Actualusage is used in Energy devices to indicate it is a measured value I think. It is 1 or 0. I copied it from KWH measuring device.
wholehouse indactes the value is for a whole house and not a single apliance.
See [url=http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Luup_UPNP_Files#EnergyMetering1]Luup UPNP Files - MiOS for some more info.

flow shows the actual used gas in the last hour in liters per hour by taking the difference between the last two readings.
gasmeter shows the actual meter reading in M3
gasmeter_frac shows the actual meter reading in liters
SMlog is internal used for calculations.

Cheers Rene