Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

Careful… My edge is now dead.

Tagging @Sorin

C

My update went quite smooth on my both Pluses, except that I had to power off and on again after recommended 15 minutes of waiting. That was first time when I had to do such procedure, usually controller gets up and running again by itself.
The off/on procedure was needed for both controllers.

After two resets (6 times pressing) remote connection seems to be stable again.

Here are these Hot Fixes location and instruction to install them?

It’s just a new firmware update.

I updated my Vera Edge without issues.

[]'s

Just upgraded to 7.31. Now all Hue units are no longer there. Lights still operate from the

Hello, guys.

I was one user that had the VeraPlus bricked right after the upgrade process. I was coming from the last stable to this one. After 4-5 days, finally support tried to help me. The unit was visible to them, but unfortunately, they could not connect to the VeraPlus and declared it “software defective” and decided to send me a refurbished unit. But I live outside US and for my luck, I had a friend on vacation in the US that can bring the unit to me. If not, I would not be able to receive the replacement unit because they would not send it abroad,
But I think it is an opportunity for me to try new things. I decided to give HS a try. I have bought it last october and was still waiting for the promises on Vera. Now, I am “forced” to move on.
I will try to keep in touch.
I wish the best luck and patience to you all.
See you and thanks for all the knowledge exchanged during these years, since my first Vera Lite. This is a great community. I can only thank you so much.

Unfortunately harware support is different for people outsude US :frowning:
That is something that Vera/Ezlo should address at some point.

That is strange, when my VeraPlus was bricked beyond repair they sent me a replacement unit from Sweden (I’m located in Finland).

I wasn’t that lucky… Unfortunately. Well, my friend is coming back, she received the package. I will ask for support to update it, probably. Or, as a clean unit, try by myself before doing anything else with the unit. I have learned the hard way that it is better to factory reset the unit, pray, upgrade, pray during the upgrade, praise the lord right after and check if the lights are ok.

We must laugh instead of cry in this situation…

i found the list but have no idea what to do here. there are so many fils i don’t know which one is the right one.

I do not use hue2 plugin so i do not know the files. I would think they will have hue in the names

(Vera Plus) Well?? not Good. Fri night I updated firmware and it went well but that’s it. I lost 8 devices that are waiting to wake up to config. I could not wake them & could no reconifg them. Gave up until Sat morn and worked on the system all day with no luck. The whole system was very sluggish & unresponsive. Memory was checked & not the problem. Gave up and called support first thing Sun morn. Worked with Tech support for almost 2 hours & razed ticket to next level to be heard from on Tues or Weds? Tech support was great & took the time to really under stand & figure out what was going on, but finally gave up and sent me a down grade link to get it back working again. Spent the rest of Sun afternoon repairing the 8 devices I screwed up (my bad) from Sat that would not match my latest back up. Fri night I also updated 2 Edges that are slaves to the Vera Plus & all is good with the Edges. So I am back to vr1.7.4453 with the upgrade screen adding to my frustration. Not what I planned for the weekend but that’s why I waited until Fri night to update. So really only 1 full day of the wife & kids asking is it worth it.

I went back to 1.7.4453 but I never was able to rediscover the Hue devices. Still in limbo.

Well I put it off and put off some more till I had what I figured I had enough time to do the upgrade. Read the forum and did a backup, factory reset, upgrade and now I have a bricked unit with only a power light on.

Lucky me! Guess I’ll contact support.

This is the reason I am reluctant to upgrade my Vera Plus.

Man that sucks!

wow i havent been here in a minute … ill just chugg alog with whatever i have