Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

I have two Plus systems, one of which is my house system with a large Z-Wave network, running flawlessly on 7.31. I’m really mystified by the problems some people are reporting, but I wonder how many of them are running old unsupported plugins still.

It may be helpful on posts reporting a negative experience (after completing install) with a firmware update if y’all could include an inventory of the plugins you have installed and running. We might be able to discern a pattern.

3 Likes

That would be a good data point. I have upgraded a total of 3 units, 2 VP and 1 VE and they went flawlessly too. I even interrupted one in the middle and it restarted and finished without any problem. (I test to fail).
I have noticed though that there are many reports of failure even from people upgrading from factory settings.
I did note that there is a significant kernel upgrade on 7.31 which exposes additional risks of hardware (bad flash cells) failures are much more is being overwritten in the process. These flash drives are a bit corruption prone to begin with…

I have had no major issues with updates.
Just some devices that disappeared after 7.31.
Plugins:
housemodes
night and day
Reactor
Switchboard
virtual http switch
LuaView
alexa helper
google(not used)
sercom (not used)

My system is now 7.31. It used to be sluggish 7.29 and prior. What really improved proformance was removing the ergy plugin. After that The system improved 10 fold.

1 Like

is there a list of currently supported plugins or updated plugins that we can go by rather than the store

I’m not sure if that’s even possible, Richie, considering how many Github repo’s exist with custom Vera plug-ins and their various forks. The real problem may not be listing them so much as knowing which ones still work under UI7! It’s a Wild West out there sometimes.

Some apps, I dare say, will break if you try to update them to “the latest version” from the App Store, so basically you can’t even go by revision numbers, either.

Like you, I really do wish there were a better, centralized “clearinghouse” showing the entire universe of available plug-ins along with their compatibility.

1 Like

I am facing problem with my RGB plugin, I used to run the RGB Fibaro animation from it, but now i can’t use it. Not sure if that is reported before. does anybody face the same issue or have a solution please?

EDIT: i fixed it by going into advanced in the RGB plugin and specifing the RGB device ID manually in the variables. that made me control my Fibaro RGB again using the plugin

Cheers,

1 Like

After the Upgrade… my cameras on Blue Iris are not working anymore… The Samsung App… for my Air conditioning is not working… How can I get back the previous version…?

@Rafale: I just upgraded my Vera Edge from 1.7.3500 to 1.7.4969 (7.31 incl hotfix). Before I did the upgrade I have set all my devices to autoconfigure = OFF using your code.
All went fine! I did some checks and everything seems to be working.

Question: should I leave all the devices (I have now 31 zwave nodes and will add more) on autoconfigure = OFF ?
What if I want to change parameters on existing devices ?

On my setup, it will try to reconfigure most of my devices and will mess everything up. YMMV, but I’m advising to block autoconfigure since the first 7.30 alpha came out (this breaking change was first introduced with that).

1 Like

too generic. Are they missing, or what?

Okay so my unit is back up and running and I have no idea why! I was in the process of getting my old Vera3 running when I noticed that my VeraPlus’s wifi was still up and running (even with just the power LED on). So I tried connecting and eventually it assigned me an IP (192.168.2.208) so I tried connecting to the UI but nothing. For no particular reason I figured I’ll try and connect to the wired port using my Macbook(static assigned 192.168.2.100) so I could bridge my internet connection if need. Did this and power cycled the VeraPlus and for whatever reason the Vera powered up and I was now left with a blinking internet and service LEDs. Ran IP scanner to get the IP address of the Vera (192.168.2.25) and connected to the UI, so I enabled bridging on my laptop and waited for the blinking LEDs to stop but they kept blinking. Power cycled the unit again and Internet and Service still blinking, so tried connecting to to Vera with no luck as for whatever reason the IP had changed to 192.168.2.26. So said whatever, I’ll restore my backup and see if that stabilizes the unit. Unit reboots and now the IP address is 192.168.2.27, couple reboots later and IP address kept going up by 1. So I change from DHCP to static IP address and reboot the Vera and lo and behold everything is normal, no blinking LEDs.

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea but I honestly have no idea what I did to recover the unit. As for plugins I have Reactor (Fantastic Plugin) and Dataease 2 (I have an industrial automation background so I love me some good trends).

@Mai_Pensato,

I agree with @therealdb. Once a device is added and configured, I would advise to turn off the auto configure flag for the device. I would leave the default setting in the zwave menu to let new devices try to autoconfigure and to disable that only when the auto configuration causes problems during inclusions.

My system up date went fine. But I had 8 devices that showed “waiting to wake up to config” but could not do anything with them. The biggest problem was that it was so slow & sluggish if it function at all?
I ended up downgrading to 1.7.4453 & system is back to stable working system.
Plugin:
ImperiHome
VeraAlerts
Amazon Helper
Reactor
Sercomm IP Cam-Not Used
DarkSky
DelayLight
Harmony Hub
Switchboard
Google Home-Not Used
Support did get back to me after a couple of days, but I have not been home & will not be for a couple weeks & could not leave the Family Hanging. If I had left it on the 7.31 or shut it down I would have come Home to find the system in the trash can.

1 Like

The cameras shows Not connected… also my air conditioning with the Samsung App… and the Vera app on my iPhone is not connecting to anything

After update it shows this :

You are running the latest version 1.7.4970 (7.31)

And this :frowning:

System error : Device: 161. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_5CAAFD77985401400_MS.xml
System error : Device: 162. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E58F5621C01400.xml
System error : Device: 163. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid RINCON_000E58C62C1201400_MS.xml

I cannot reach my vera from outside and that’s very annoying… so disappointing :frowning:
I cannot use my Voice assistant or Imperihome :frowning:

After the latest firmware my device is just stop responding… You can see everything when you log in but when you try to switch on/off any device nothing happens. And it will stay like that till i restart vera… Then all will be working fine for a while then it stop again…!
Anybody facing the same issue?

I tried updating also with the same problems. I worked with Support to fix, but in the end ended up down grading to get it stable again.
Two weeks later & having to working from home (like a lot of people) I tried again. This time I let Support do the update which went fine & was stable enough for me to work with. After having support delete some devices that I could not do any thing with & not knowing where they came from (old?) Also had to uninstall several devices & reinstall to correct issues. The system is back to (Vera) normal. I am having issues with can’t detect devices again? Up to 3 this morning?

@hyzteric, at first glance, your “Failed to load” messages seem related to the Sonos plug-in. Have you updated to the latest revision 2.0 of that app?

If not, go here for guidance on getting it installed.

For some its a good clean update? That’s the part I am wondering about? Was my system buggy?
I am hoping 7.31 is stable because things do seem quicker & snappier? Time will tell?

Generally speaking there could be two reasons why it fails:

1. Hardware related. Bad blocks on your storage drive corrupted/interrupted download which still passes CRC check and boom you end up with all kinds of problems. This is not new but it is worse with this firmware because the upgrade involves also a kernel and repartitioning of the flash memory.
  2. Software related. The user config and potentially plugins had accumulated some oddities which is fine by itself since they were running on the old firmware but… The vera has the nasty habit of wanting to correct things without telling you, believing it is smarter than you, installing all kinds of plugin files, ovewritting others, basically acting like a virus on your precious configuration information. So… it corrupted your data while scrubbing and maybe hanging itself due to some other bugs while trying.

Fundamentally, with all things being equal, this firmware is better and will prolong the life of your unit. The upgrade process… has not changed. It is as risky as it ever was if not worse because of what this firmware entails.