Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration

As asked above…will there be a way to migrate the zwave network (and other devices) from Vera to the new platform without having to start from scratch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will configuration and logic be possible from the device itself without the need of cloud/internet like vera is currently?

Good, but… will the new firmware also be available on the existing hardware? The new command classes are kind of a big deal, and without support for them the old hardware would become obsolete pretty fast. Not afraid to spend money on new hardware, but having a migration path is vital.

Good, but… will the new firmware also be available on the existing hardware? The new command classes are kind of a big deal, and without support for them the old hardware would become obsolete pretty fast. Not afraid to spend money on new hardware, but having a migration path is vital.[/quote]

of course, it will be backward compatible. we re-wrote the whole zwave command classes…people were amazed how efficient, fast it was…including zwave chip manufacturer themselves…:slight_smile:
As mentioned previously…backward compatibility will come after the first release of the new firmware…(ie: we will release it with the new hardware first…then tidy up few things for backward compatibility and then launch it for old hardware)…
Now for the existing hardware we will use the “Linux Firmware” we have (not RTOS as our RTOS is CPU specific)…of course new re-written command classes will be included…

I’m not seeing anything about RF433 intergration, is this radio included in the USB sized ATOM?

Thanks, Melih. This is (for me at least) useful insight :slight_smile:

C

This specific radio is not included in this version of USB Atom.
Because Atom is very cheap and multiple controllers act as one, you will be able to buy zwave, zigbee etc Atoms and just plug them wherever you want and they will all act as one. This way customers don’t have to spend money on protocols they don’t use.
However, we will have hardware platforms that will have all of the above, including RF433…(as well as 4G)…
We will provide the most comprehensive controllers/hubs platforms.

^^^
Thats what I really wanted to hear…

So I see responses to a big of really good questions. For the third time, will there be a Zwave clear migration path for older users. Or will be have to do a bunch of reassociations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“tbully, post:49, topic:204031”]So I see responses to a big of really good questions. For the third time, will there be a Zwave clear migration path for older users. Or will be have to do a bunch of reassociations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sorry, I thought i answered that when we were talking about backward compatibility.
As previously stated, backward compatibility is very important and it is our intention to make sure we can upgrade old hardware with new firmware seamlessly.

[quote=“melih”][quote=“Grwebster, post:38, topic:204031”]Looking to hear more about the atom. Not sure that it has zigbe, blue tooth. Does it have to plug into a computer that is on all the time? Need to understand how it all comes together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

USB is for power only. It does NOT need a computer.

You can connect it to any USB power outlet…It has its own powerful computer inside! That little thing is the most powerful home automation out there! It can issue its instructions to devices faster than anyone else, and it can handle more devices in parallel! Thats why we called it Atom :slight_smile: small but powerful![/quote]
Good to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“melih, post:50, topic:204031”][quote=“tbully, post:49, topic:204031”]So I see responses to a big of really good questions. For the third time, will there be a Zwave clear migration path for older users. Or will be have to do a bunch of reassociations?

Sorry, I thought i answered that when we were talking about backward compatibility.
As previously stated, backward compatibility is very important and it is our intention to make sure we can upgrade old hardware with new firmware seamlessly.[/quote]

Thanks. I guess it was just a nomenclature breakdown. I saw the backward compatibility responses. (Thanks). I just know migrations through the Vera devices in the past have required redoing the entire zwave association. With 150+ devices (some in the attic) that?s a real pain for me.

Thanks again

This specific radio is not included in this version of USB Atom.
Because Atom is very cheap and multiple controllers act as one, you will be able to buy zwave, zigbee etc Atoms and just plug them wherever you want and they will all act as one. This way customers don’t have to spend money on protocols they don’t use.
However, we will have hardware platforms that will have all of the above, including RF433…(as well as 4G)…
We will provide the most comprehensive controllers/hubs platforms.[/quote]
Sounds good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“tbully, post:52, topic:204031”][quote=“melih, post:50, topic:204031”][quote=“tbully, post:49, topic:204031”]So I see responses to a big of really good questions. For the third time, will there be a Zwave clear migration path for older users. Or will be have to do a bunch of reassociations?

As previously stated, backward compatibility is very important and it is our intention to make sure we can upgrade old hardware with new firmware seamlessly.[/quote]

Thanks. I guess it was just a nomenclature breakdown. I saw the backward compatibility responses. (Thanks). I just know migrations through the Vera devices in the past have required redoing the entire zwave association. With 150+ devices (some in the attic) that?s a real pain for me.

Thanks again[/quote]

We are hoping our updates should not cause that…

And… will be the new hardware ready for the different Z-Wave frecuencies from the very beginning? That is, US, Europe, etc. etc…

yes.

Launch dates might not be exactly same dates…but we want to cover as much as we can.

yes.

Launch dates might not be exactly same dates…but we want to cover as much as we can.[/quote]

Good news! Thanks

Second question, if I have a Vera Edge in one house and a “new hardware (Atom?)” in other one, will it be possible to integrate both of them in the same control/management application as we can do today if we have two different VERA gateways in different sites, or will we have to install two applications each one for controlling the old and the new ones?

yes.

Launch dates might not be exactly same dates…but we want to cover as much as we can.[/quote]

Good news! Thanks

Second question, if I have a Vera Edge in one house and a “new hardware (Atom?)” in other one, will it be possible to integrate both of them in the same control/management application as we can do today if we have two different VERA gateways in different sites, or will we have to install two applications each one for controlling the old and the new ones?[/quote]

Yes if your old vera using our new firmware. We want to make all these controllers operate as one…thats the goal.

yes.

Good news! Thanks

Second question, if I have a Vera Edge in one house and a “new hardware (Atom?)” in other one, will it be possible to integrate both of them in the same control/management application as we can do today if we have two different VERA gateways in different sites, or will we have to install two applications each one for controlling the old and the new ones?[/quote]

Yes if your old vera using our new firmware. We want to make all these controllers operate as one…thats the goal.[/quote]
Again good news . . . Thanks! :smiley:

Now we hope that your goal of a smooth migration to the new firmware will be a reality and that the control/management application will also be easy to use for the easy things, as integrating devices, defining alarms, defining scenes, integrating plugins . . . ;D

Big work to do and high expectations to fulfill ::). . Best wishes in obtaining it :slight_smile: . . . It will be also our benefit . . . :wink:

yes.

Good news! Thanks

Yes if your old vera using our new firmware. We want to make all these controllers operate as one…thats the goal.[/quote]
Again good news . . . Thanks! :smiley:

Now we hope that your goal of a smooth migration to the new firmware will be a reality and that the control/management application will also be easy to use for the easy things, as integrating devices, defining alarms, defining scenes, integrating plugins . . . ;D

Big work to do and high expectations to fulfill ::). . Best wishes in obtaining it :slight_smile: . . . It will be also our benefit . . . ;)[/quote]

Thank you. I am sure will hit some bumps on the way, but we have great people in development who will fix it quickly. Its about improving constantly.