Serial device not showing up

It will eventually show up properly…not sure why it does this early on, but sometime soon when you reload the Vera UI it will be there.

OK, thanks.

When I did the Ethenet version on my other box, it all came together much nicer :wink:

but working is good.

Having completed now my 2nd MySensors bridge (and a couple of fine Scotch whiskeys)…

As a tribute to Hek and the MySensors team, I am repurposing a recently depleted canister of scotch and creating a climate monitoring device.

I am calling it: HEKscotchMo

Including the humidity, temperature and barometric pressure(working on that now) I figure I’ll be into it for all of about $20 for the indoor unit (not including the Scotch :))).

Looking for innovative ideas for the housing for my outside unit… any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks HEK and the team!!!

[quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:23, topic:180240”]Having completed now my 2nd MySensors bridge (and a couple of fine Scotch whiskeys)…

As a tribute to Hek and the MySensors team, I am repurposing a recently depleted canister of scotch and creating a climate monitoring device.

I am calling it: HEKscotchMo

Including the humidity, temperature and barometric pressure(working on that now) I figure I’ll be into it for all of about $20 for the indoor unit (not including the Scotch :))).

Looking for innovative ideas for the housing for my outside unit… any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks HEK and the team!!![/quote]

I would prefer if you used my favorite; Lagavulin :smiley:

I thought I’d post here because I seem to be having similar issues. I’m still on a breadboard, so no buttons or external LEDs yet. I have a Arduino Nano with a NRF24L01 radio board. The SerialGateway sketch compiled & loaded just fine.

I did see this on the serial monitor:

I’m plugged into my Vera 2 on UI5 through a powered USB hub that also houses my functional USB stick for logging. What I’m getting in Vera’s UI after uploading the 10 files & creating a device is shown in the screen shot; is this what you’re seeing? Is this just a matter of waiting/arbitrarily plugging & power cycling, or is there another explanation?

Thanks!

Is anyone else using this plugin on a Vera 2? Is there any reason to suspect that’s my issue?

What are you seeing in the Vera logs when you connect the gateway to the Vera? Did you try to “reload” the Lua Engine?

ssh to the vera and tail the LuaUPnP.log while troubleshooting to confirm that the Plugin is initializing properly.

tail -f /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | grep Arduino

Here is an example of the gateway properly starting on a Vera 3 when I reload the Lua Engine.

50	04/13/14 7:38:45.221	luup_log:76: Arduino plugin: loading library L_Arduino ... <0x2bf09680>
50	04/13/14 7:38:45.275	luup_log:76: Arduino: urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduino1,PluginVersion, 1.3, 76 <0x2bf09680>
50	04/13/14 7:38:45.276	luup_log:76: Arduino: Trying for a serial connection <0x2bf09680>
50	04/13/14 7:38:45.276	luup_log:76: Arduino: Serial port is connected <0x2bf09680>
50	04/13/14 7:38:45.276	luup_log:76: Arduino: Baud is 115200 <0x2bf09680>

Yours might look a little different because I am using the latest version from MySensors · GitHub but please share the log entries so we can help troubleshoot the issue for you.

Best,
Bruce

Thanks Bruce - there’s clearly an issue here. The term “Arduino” doesn’t appear anywhere in my logs upon restart of Lua. Attached is a screen shot of what I get at Lua restart when logged in via PuTTY.

Hek seems to think that my problem is related to corrupted plugin files… I’m working with him on the mysensors.org forum. I’ve downloaded the latest ZIP and uploaded the files to give it another try, but I need to be local to do it.

Nothing yet… creating the Arduino device results in essentially NOTHING happening.

Do you see the nano connected as a serial port in Vera ( Apps/Develop Apps/Serial Port Configuration)

Yes - see attachment. I can set the baud rate, etc., but the device itself shows up blank, so if I try to assign “used by device,” the only applicable selection in the drop down box is " [] ".

I can fill in the name field in the device, and then come back to the apps screen to assign it, but that doesn’t get me anywhere (that’s where I began). I figured if I named it & it started communicating, the plugin would work… but that’s not the case.

If I unplug the Arduino, everything in the red box disappears.

and you set the baud rate to 115200… weird.

mine is attached, it is working

Help! Is anyone successfully running the MySenosrs plugin on a Vera2?

The plugin isn’t using any os.execute stuff. Are there any other differences to consider for plugins on the Vera2 (except memory size)?

RE: available memory, this is what I’m showing in my Vera 2 UI for system info. I try to keep things clean, and I think I’m in pretty good shape.

Vera 2 (firmware 1.5.622 ) does not recognize the Arduino serial gateway (CP210X chip). When I connect the gateway and reload Vera2, there is no CP210X serial port in the serial port configuration tab. I have read the USB to serial post and it seems that Vera recognizes the port (usbserial.c: CP210X converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs). The post is old and suggest that it may not be define in the serproxy, but I cannot find the serproxy config file and some posts suggest it is no longer use. Therefore, I tried connect to it via (ser2net -C 5000:raw:0:/dev/ttyUSB0:9600), but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
John

The serproxy wrapper uses a few defaults. If the /etc/cmh/serproxy.ports file exists, in the right format, then it’s contents augment those defaults. If you have something that you need to add, you can just create the file and put in the required entries (the format is in the post you’ve been reading)

The defaults include:
0403, 6001 - typical for FTDI
067b, 2303 - prolific
0856, ac33 - USB UIRT (if I remember correctly)

You can run ‘strings’ on the serproxy binary/wrapper to see these, along with the default format, which I don’t remember off the top of my head but it’s in the serial port post from CJ.

Unfortunately, /etc/cmh/serproxy.ports does not exists. How can I get the file?
Thanks

By default, the file doesn’t exist. Once you create it, and restart, it will automatically be picked up by serproxy.

You can create it using vi, or by using echo ‘vendor:…’ > /etc/cmh/serproxy.ports

The entries look like:

vendor:0403 product:6001

And are one per line. Adjust the vendor and product codes to match your specific usb-serial device.

Thanks! You wouldn’t happen to know the vendor and product for arduino Nano unit (CP210X serial chip)? I searched but did not find it.