Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"

Hi all

My Sonos TTS using Responsive voice has stopped working. I can only get it to repeat the previously working announcement, which makes me think somehow its not overwriting the previous file received from responsive voice.

If I run this, it works (don’t laugh, its an announcement for the kids :slight_smile: )

[code]local LS_SID = “urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”

luup.call_action(LS_SID, “Say”, {Text = “Yippee. Mummy is home” ,Volume=60}, 64)[/code]

If I run this, it doesnt

luup.call_action(LS_SID, “Say”, {Text = “Please talk to me” ,Volume=60}, 64)[/code]

With Debug switched on in the Sonos plugin, this is the only message I get

08	04/29/18 9:25:27.829	JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=RunLua <0x6e3a0520>
08	04/29/18 9:25:27.829	JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Code=local LS_SID = "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1"

luup.call_action(LS_SID, "Say", {Text = "Please talk to me" ,Volume=60}, 64) <0x6e3a0520>
01	04/29/18 9:25:27.830	sbrk JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest Problem with getnameinfo <0x6e3a0520>
08	04/29/18 9:25:27.830	JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 64 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1 action: Say <0x6e3a0520>
08	04/29/18 9:25:27.830	JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Volume=60 <0x6e3a0520>
08	04/29/18 9:25:27.830	JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Text=Please talk to me <0x6e3a0520>
02	04/29/18 9:25:28.077	luup_log:64: Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed! <0x6e3a0520>

It appears this stopped working while I was away on business, and no changes have been made.

Is anyone else getting this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Hi

got this issue to, for the last few days my alarm system ain’t talking to me :-/

Same problem , changed nothing and i m not on beta firmware.

I’ve fixed it. I’m not sure how this ever worked before for me.

In the copy of L_SonosTTS.lua I was using, there is a mistake in the url for the responsive voice PHP page on line 140. Essentially it repeats “/getvoice.php” twice.

I changed

"%s/getvoice.php?t=%s&tl=%s&sv=&vn=&pitch=&rate=%s"]]

To this

"%s?t=%s&tl=%s&sv=&vn=&pitch=&rate=%s"]]

Attached is my copy of the file.

I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

John

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]I’ve fixed it. I’m not sure how this ever worked before for me.

In the copy of L_SonosTTS.lua I was using, there is a mistake in the url for the responsive voice PHP page on line 140. Essentially it repeats “/getvoice.php” twice.

I changed

To this

Thanks

John[/quote]
Hi John,
Can you or anyone else confirm that their responsive voice is working please? Mine has also stopped working and I have changed nothing…

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]I’ve fixed it. I’m not sure how this ever worked before for me.

I changed

To this

Thanks

John[/quote]
I have had some time to look at this and applied your modified Sonos file and tts is now working again. Thanks John!!

Thanks so much for the quick fix John.
It’s people like you that keep our houses talking!
I just paste Johns corrected downloaded file in Develope Apps - Lua Files.
It overwrites the dead file and makes one of my favorite aspects of Vera work again!
Cheers!
Vera Edge UI7

Wow! I have been using Responsive voice forever. For everything from thermostat temp change, door monitoring, music announcements and my entire security system, all based on the functionality of Responsive voice. Then Friday, it stopped working.

I have spent 22 hours trying to fix it. Good work John!

Why, after so many months of working, did it suddenly stop? I looked at the SonosTTS.lua, and could not think it could have worked for so long, and then one day NOT.

John, how on earth did you find that?

Nice job. After 22 hours, your fix worked!!!

Thanks for the fix John!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Tom

No problem, I guess responsive voice must have made a change to their web service to be less tolerant to errors.

Excellent work John! Thanx!

I also noticed my TTS stopped working a couple of days ago…but first thought it was related to the latest firmware upgrade…

Awesome work. Thanks for getting my washer and dryer notifications working again.

What does every one use their tts for?
My uses are:
1st
If garage door is open for 30mins will send a message that xyz garage door is open (we have two) and keep sending every 30mins
This is using responsive voice
2nd
If there is a motion detection at two of our isolated entrances it will state a warning that the authorities have been notified
This is played from a local file
3rd
If there is motion detection inside a warning is spoken and siren
This is from local file
4th
When washing machine voltage (aeotec smart switch 6) drops below 1w it is spoken that the washing cycle is complete
5th
Each weekday first motion detection in kitchen triggers say weather (but I am thinking this is this might be redundant with Alexa briefing)

I have the following notifications

Morning Welcome
The 1st time a motion sensor in the hall is tripped, I have a welcome message that includes.
? The current time
? The outside temperature
? The previous days high and low temp, fastest wind speed and rainfall recorded on Netatmo
? Todays Weather forecast
? Events in the family Google Calendar

Reminder Messages
Vera reminds us to do events in the google calendar such as
a. Pick up kids from school
b. top up water softener with salt once a month
c. Water the plants
d. Put the waste or recycling bins out
e. Check the smoke alarm
f. etc

Notification that I have safely arrived at work
Informs my wife that I have entered the geofence for work and advises how long the commute time was

Notification I have left work
When I exit the work geofence it advise how long it will take to get home based on the information in the iPhone Locator plugin

Notification when my wife or I are home
If the house isn?t empty and we enter the home geofence, it announces our arrival and travel time if I was returning from work

Welcome home
If the house was empty and either my wife or I come home, it welcomes us and advises where the other person is. It also advises how many times the doorbell rang while the house was empty and confirms the heating has been turned back up.

Announce arrival of friends and family
Everyone who uses my wifi has a static IP address. When Vera pings the device, it announces who has arrived

We have received some post
A motion sensor is attached to the letter box. A push notification is also sent to iphones

When the doorbell rings
A lightwaveRF doorbell signal is picked up by rfxcom when the doorbell rings. A push notification is also triggered from Blue Iris with the picture from the door camera to our iphones

Weather Warnings
When wind speed exceeds a specific value, it warns us, so garden furniture can be moved

Back Door left open and heating on
If the back door is left open for 5 minutes and the heating is on, it warns us and the heating us turned off

Warning if unexpected movement detected
If both my wife and I are outside the home geofence, it warns that we have been notified. A push notification also goes to the iphones

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]I have the following notifications

Morning Welcome
The 1st time a motion sensor in the hall is tripped, I have a welcome message that includes.
?The current time
?The outside temperature
?The previous days high and low temp, fastest wind speed and rainfall recorded on Netatmo
?Todays Weather forecast
?Events in the family Google Calendar

Reminder Messages
a.Pick up kids from school
b.top up water softener with salt once a month
c.Water the plants
d.Put the waste or recycling bins out
e.Check the smoke alarm
f.etc

Informs my wife that I have entered the geofence for work and advises how long the commute time was

When I exit the work geofence it advise how long it will take to get home based on the information in the iPhone Locator plugin

If the house isn?t empty and we enter the home geofence, it announces our arrival and travel time if I was returning from work

Welcome home
If the house was empty and either my wife or I come home, it welcomes us and advises where the other person is. It also advises how many times the doorbell rang while the house was empty and confirms the heating has been turned back up.

Everyone who uses my wifi has a static IP address. When Vera pings the device, it announces who has arrived

A motion sensor is attached to the letter box. A push notification is also sent to iphones

When the doorbell rings
A lightwaveRF doorbell signal is picked up by rfxcom when the doorbell rings. A push notification is also triggered from Blue Iris with the picture from the door camera to our iphones

Weather Warnings
When wind speed exceeds a specific value, it warns us, so garden furniture can be moved

If the back door is left open for 5 minutes and the heating is on, it warns us and the heating us turned off

If both my wife and I are outside the home geofence, it warns that we have been notified. A push notification also goes to the iphones[/quote]
Some great ideas here John

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]Hi all

My Sonos TTS using Responsive voice has stopped working. I can only get it to repeat the previously working announcement, which makes me think somehow its not overwriting the previous file received from responsive voice.

If I run this, it works (don’t laugh, its an announcement for the kids :slight_smile: )

luup.call_action(LS_SID, “Say”, {Text = “Yippee. Mummy is home” ,Volume=60}, 64)[/code]

If I run this, it doesnt

luup.call_action(LS_SID, “Say”, {Text = “Please talk to me” ,Volume=60}, 64)[/code]

With Debug switched on in the Sonos plugin, this is the only message I get

0804/29/18 9:25:27.829JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=RunLua <0x6e3a0520>
0804/29/18 9:25:27.829JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Code=local LS_SID = "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1"

luup.call_action(LS_SID, "Say", {Text = "Please talk to me" ,Volume=60}, 64) <0x6e3a0520>
0104/29/18 9:25:27.830sbrk JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest Problem with getnameinfo <0x6e3a0520>
0804/29/18 9:25:27.830JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 64 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1 action: Say <0x6e3a0520>
0804/29/18 9:25:27.830JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Volume=60 <0x6e3a0520>
0804/29/18 9:25:27.830JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Text=Please talk to me <0x6e3a0520>
0204/29/18 9:25:28.077luup_log:64: Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed! <0x6e3a0520>

It appears this stopped working while I was away on business, and no changes have been made.

Is anyone else getting this or know how to fix it?

Thanks[/quote]
Hi John,
Is your responsive voice working? Mine has stopped working and I am not sure if it is since I applied the latest Vera update last week or perhaps responsive voice may of changed something again?

Hi

Everything is working for me at the moment.

I?m still running firmware 1.7.3453 on my Vera Plus because I don?t want anything to break.

John

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]Hi

Everything is working for me at the moment.

I?m still running firmware 1.7.3453 on my Vera Plus because I don?t want anything to break.

John[/quote]
My tts responsive voice is working again today, not sure if the Vera restart fixed it :-/

Hi

You were right, something HAS changed and again I think this is on the Responsive Voice side.

I noticed this morning that my morning greeting was cut short.

It looks like the number of characters that can be processed in each section has been shortened.

I have decreased the “cutSize” on line 154 from 1000 to 200. Unfortunately, this has re-introduced the some pauses on long phrases we had when the code was first released, but at least its working again.

I’ve uploaded the code change again.

Thanks

John

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]Hi

You were right, something HAS changed and again I think this is on the Responsive Voice side.

I noticed this morning that my morning greeting was cut short.

It looks like the number of characters that can be processed in each section has been shortened.

I have decreased the “cutSize” on line 154 from 1000 to 200. Unfortunately, this has re-introduced the some pauses on long phrases we had when the code was first released, but at least its working again.

I’ve uploaded the code change again.

Thanks

John[/quote]
Thanks John

First off - thanks for the fix for my TTS - it is working again!!

Second - could you point me in the direction of finding the info to program TTS to say some of the examples that you quoted below? I’d love to get some of those working on my system too but not sure how to accomplish it. Thanks!!

[quote=“JohnGiddings, post:13, topic:199068”]I have the following notifications

Morning Welcome
? The current time
? The outside temperature
? The previous days high and low temp, fastest wind speed and rainfall recorded on Netatmo
? Todays Weather forecast
? Events in the family Google Calendar

Reminder Messages
a. Pick up kids from school
b. top up water softener with salt once a month
c. Water the plants
d. Put the waste or recycling bins out
e. Check the smoke alarm
f. etc

Welcome home

When the doorbell rings

Weather Warnings

If both my wife and I are outside the home geofence, it warns that we have been notified. A push notification also goes to the iphones[/quote]