Today we launch official Google Assistant compatibility for Vera!

There is no such facility in my case or GH is linking everything, even unmarked handsets, and in some cases duplicate! Very sad about that, I expected more. In IFTTT there were no problems.

I’m not sure but I know routines are Google account specific.

If you create a routine in Google Home under your own account that same routine will not also be available for another Google account that is a member of the same “Home”.

So you would need to create the same routine and action under her account in the Home app.

1 Like

Hello from Spain
Google Home starts working in spanish in version 2.13.50.15 of the Home APP of the mobile phone.
Vera Plus Software Version 1.7.4453
For now only lights on and off and a thermostat appear
Thank you

1 Like

Hi,
Do you know if with french language it’s work, because it says always “impossible to update parameter, verify your connexion” also all it’s connected!
Alexa don’t work and the assistance do not have solution and now google home!

:+1:Very good News…it works fine in french on my Veralite with GH mini or Mobile phone or on my LG TV

thanks

if I change the name of a scene, it does not appear in the Google Home Manager list, how do I update it?

So far everything works good with one exception for me. I have three GE/Jasco 3 Speed ceiling fan switches (12724 and 12730). Currently my Vera Plus detects them as a dimable light and not a fan. When I ask Google Home to turn on or off the light in a room, it turns on or off the lights and the fans. When it was connected to my Smartthings hub, the switches are detected as fans and everything works as it should when using Google Home.

I tried changing the device type in Google Home but it doesn’t allow me because it’s imported from Vera. I looked up the device types for MIOS and there doesn’t seem to be one for fans. Please add a fan device type to the Vera hubs in the next firmware update because for now, I have to use those switches on my Smartthings hub and I want to change them to my Vera.

Update
I submitted a support request regarding the “Fan” device type and they said it’s not available which is unfortunate. They changed the device type to “Window Covering” (D_WindowCovering1.json). I’ll know if this will work better when I can test it later today. I asked if the development team could create the new Fan device type for the next firmware. It sucks because my Smartthings hub detects the switches as fans and it just works.

1 Like

I put in a ticket for this and support told me that the scene needs to be deleted and recreated. I see it as a bug that should be fixed.

You can get around it using google routines.

2 Likes

I am French and I use without problem GH since a good week.
I also use Alexa since french skil is available.

Agreed a bug.

Does the same thing happen with the Alexa setup Web page on the Vera site, if you rename a scene, does the scene name get updated?

Last night there was a Google Home update, and now Vera Smarter Home Control is available. It works like a charm so far. seems fast with no delays. I unlinked Vera Concierge which removes your devices. After linking with Vera Smarter Home Control, the devices come back. You will have to readjust your routines if they used the previous devices from Concierge. I’m in Manitoba, Canada.

3 Likes

i still use vera concierge for open close commands

thank’s i contact support to find solution!

Will there be a notification function in the near future? It would be great if I could play notifications on my Google home mini’s.

1 Like

Finally I successfully installed this action aurond the Sept. 15th. It worked well now

Will there be any future support to have vera devices to be used as triggers for action in google home or alexa?

And also all word with accents are not valid (that is : for French language that is full of accents). Like “Détection” or “démarrer électricité”…
But anyway, I’m very gracefull to Vera’s staff. This is very good, thanks !!

1 Like

I’m having an issue where not all of my devices are being detected by Google Home. I have a light in my Master Bedroom and Office that are not showing up in the Google Home app at all. I have tried disconnecting my account and reconnecting it. Scenes in Vera are detected and imported which in my use case are not necessary but the devices are. Anyone have any idea what can be done to fix this?

1 Like

@walshchristopherj Are the missing devices showing up under Manage Google Home on the Vera side @ nexus.getvera.com ?

Also say ok Google sync my devices.

@tarkus Yes I’m missing devices that are in both home.getvera.com and nexus.getvera.com. I have asked Google to sync my devices multiple times. Where is the option to manage Google Home? I only see Google Home in the Apps section and there is no options to change or manage it.