UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - Version 7.0.31 + new Cloud storage service (1.7.5185/1.7.5186/1.7.5187) - September 2nd, 2020

A zone and a scene have no relationship to each other. Leviton makes Zone controllers and they make Scene controllers. As I stated before, each button of a Zone controller acts like a dimmer switch, or more accurately a remote control for a dimmer switch. Many people will disparage X-10, some of the criticism is justified. But in their family of products, several were so far ahead of their time (functionality) that others still don’t understand their usefulness. Leviton does, and created the Zone controller. By looking at the X-10 product it may be easier to understand. http://www.authinx.com/manuals/X10/XPT.pdf

@brw3sbc you still don’t state what your problem is, you just keep on saying zone controllers are different than scene controllers and nobody argues that. Here’s one of them I have here, Leviton RZCZ4-1LX, which has a dimmable zone - once the specific zone is controlled, the dimmer pad controls the dimming functionality of the zone, works great! I also have VRCZ4-M0Z, but no dimmable zones, so only on/off…

How about Vera Secure, any issues with previous OpenWRT versions? Mine says 65 in /etc/openwrt_build @Leonardo_Soto

@Leonardo_Soto could you please answer the questions about OpenWRT versions?

Vera Secure should have version 65, that means that yours is ok.

1 Like

@Leonardo_Soto What about Edge? Which I have.

Thanks Leonardo, my Vera Edge updated without any issues.

That right there has bugged me for years!

So did the memory fix last time around make upgrading the firmware more stable this time around? Has there been any reported issues with VeraPlus?

Failed upgrade today and now my Vera Plus controller is down. Support ticket submitted. :crossed_fingers:

I’ve had 2 devices turning on on their own so I upgraded to see it that would resolve it.
it didn’t.

but it did make the veraplus show as offline to the android app and briefly offline via the browser.
It will some times show as online and I can log in using the app if I connect the phone to wifi.
but always offline if using 4g data (verizon)

some scenes didn’t work at first but are working now.

other than that it went smooth

everything says “ok” in the “Settings” → “Net & Wi-fi” → “Troubleshoot Network”

Hi there, we’ve checked and we can’t find a ticket under the same email address you have in the forum. If you’ve used a different one please send me a DM with it so we can identify it OR reply here the ticket number you’ve been allocated.

Yes I have a different email attached to my controllers. Here’s my support ticket #: 232740. I need to find a window that I can speak with them on the phone. I can SSH to the box so if there’s any troubleshooting to do that way and avoid a phone call that would be ideal.

I just updated my production Vera Plus.

I ran this command first to delete any old firmware files.

os.execute("rm /etc/cmh-firmware/mios*")

Initially everything looks to be OK.

1 Like

SHOOT. Vera support upgraded Openwrt from 124 to 136, but now complete config is gone!
Sitting in the dark…

Trying to restore a backup from yesterday now!

That happened on my Vera Edge when support updated OpenWRT on it.

They also had to then restore a backup to get the devices and scenes back.

They did it all for me however remotely.

Then they forgot that in my case. Just did that myself. All is working again.

So now the latest 7.0.31… but won’t do that in the evening :wink:

Update : You are running the latest version 1.7.5186 (7.31).
No problem with the update.
Disappointing though that all of the practical problems has not been adressed. Seems to be little done since the last update 6 months ago.

I still have problems with several of my sensors and the issue of gosts are still there.
My best experience is with the Aeotec 6in1 sensor …
I am currently strugeling with Fibaro FMGS-001. Hard to pair and problem with the sensors beeing stuck in ON mode after detecting motion…
Curious to see where the mobile app ends up …

Strange that you mention Fibaro FMGS-001 sensor. It is actually the one that I have had least problem with, to pair or for it´s use. I have seven of them and they all work fine (although the battery needs to be changed more often due to my settings :slight_smile:).

Edit: Have you change any of the configuration settings? For example the “6-Motion detection-alarm cancellation delay”
When you pair them they have to be close to the Vera and you have to wait for the 60s to pass or even longer and suddenly they appear.

No i have not changed anything. I will try include them again with the latest FW release and be patient. I also see that it is very few complaints about this sensor here so that makes me optimistic. On the other hand there is a lot of complaints when used with other controllers and especially the issue of being stuck in the ON state…