Vera 7.31 Core Firmware BETA 2 Release

I had the same problem after 7.30… after arguing with support back and fourth for weeks about it not being a problem with open ports on my router, they finally decided they could fix the problem by upgrading me to beta1… and so far its been stable… but it may just be coincidental. Im not going to update to beta2 until I see you got it fixed.

Upgraded my vera and indeed the json test does not work. No major issues observed on my unit besides this one. Well I don’t see much progress or changes vs beta1 either. I think it could be released with a list of known issues:

Misinterpreted Got CAN
Nonce Get Flood for secure class devices.
Tardy callbacks caused by hangups.
Broken app developer device json tested.
Broken extroot (though this was never officially supported)
Memory leak with Reload on TimeJump disabled.

It added another nasty virus like plugin called ezlo camera…

Cameras now work for the large pictures.

After some resets (6 times the reset button) the remote connection seems to be stable again.

It’s strange that the reset doesn’t always work. Often when I’m resetting with hitting 6 times the reset button, the power led blinks and it seem to do a reset, but when the controller is ready again nothing changed and all devices are still there. I also hat the state that at the end the power led was blinking fast and the controller was not reachable. Then I restartet/resettet the controller again.

I hope I don’t have solve this behavior every update with this buggy reset procedure.

Hi,

This installed fine on my Plus after updating the Egde earlier.

In the NetworkMonitor.log and log.lighthttpd_error I see a ton of request (3-4 per 120 seconds) for /port_49451/data_request?id=lu_alive&ts=… all failing. it looks like some cleanup is in order to remove this seemingly obsolete load from the boxes. Good candidate for next Beta or 7.32.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

I’m finding beta 2 much more stable than beta 1. I was having to reboot my Vera every second day, now I’m back to weekly and so far so good.

Hi,

do we know when this will be available and installable on production units?

Thanks
Tony

There are still issues reported like Sensative strips that cannot be included anymore since 7.30. Will this also be solved ?

The beta2 just became the GA release for 7.31. I have to applaud the team for finally having changed the release methodology to only release beta tested builds. At least, we know what was fixed and what isn’t.
And no, the Sensative strip problem is not in the release notes so the problem is still there which to some extent is ok as long as it is known and communicated in the release note as a known issue…

1 Like

I updated my test Vera Plus. This went fast. First thing I notice now: Watt readings on wall plugs (both Fibaro and Greenwave) is not visible anymore in the UI. Can someone confirm this ?

Update: in Variables - Watts I still see the actual readings

Sorry… posted this in wrong topic

I was also having problems trying to include a Sensative strip the other week.

The device is detected and added as a Generic IO device and you can give it a name and assign a room, but the device isn’t then fully configured properly.

I’m having a major issue with an Aeotec Smart Switch 6.

I removed it from my Vera Plus while I was playing with some things on my laptop (connected via Z-Stick+) and when I went to add it back into my network I had real difficulties. My VP complained it couldn’t exchange security keys but after excluding and including it a few times it finally included properly.

However, now it only works when it’s within ~3m of the VP, as soon as I move it back to it’s prior location (which worked just fine) my VP says the dreaded “cant detect device” and it completely refuses to work in the mesh. It’s only 2 meters from another SS6 which is in between it and the Vera Plus and works perfectly.

I’ve tried everything I can think of and so far support have not gotten back to me despite logging a ticket (214679) 3 days ago!

Did you try sending it a neighbor node update request under the device option? Should wait a good couple of minutes after you do that. Then you can do the same with a couple of its immediate neighbors (all AC powered). This would be a partial heal of your network mesh.

This is why I really don’t recommend excluding and reincluding devices under any circumstances (except the security exchange failure which has no alternative) … It often times doesn’t fix anything. It only restart the configuration and risk wiping out all the progress made before. It is the same idiotic recipe as reload luup or power cycle because we have no idea what’s going on. Instead we should try to get down to the problem and figure out how to address it.
In your case it seems like a mesh issue indeed.

Sounds like you brought the switch to the Vera for inclusion, instead of bringing the Vera to the switch? In this case, the switch does not have a correct neighbor list, as @rafale77 is saying.

Although I try to always bring the Vera to the device, sometimes I can’t (or I’m in a hurry), and then I find this procedure quite reliable in those circumstances:

1. Make sure the “non-working” device is installed in its final expected location;
  2. Find an existing, working Z-Wave repeater device that is closest to the non-working device and “on the path” to the Vera (i.e. between the Vera and the non-working, but as close to the non-working as possible)–I’ll call this the “relay device” for now. A repeater will pretty much be any Z-Wave switch or receptacle that is AC powered full time (permanently installed is better, but plugin is usually OK).
  3. Send an “Update Neighbors” to the relay device. This should cause the relay device to identify the non-working device as a new nearby neighbor, and send that topology information to the controller–the controller then knows that the non-working device can be reached via the relay device. I find the operation takes 45-60 seconds for a single node, so to be safe, let it be for a few minutes, and don’t make any configuration changes on the Vera while waiting.
  4. Finally, send an “Update Neighbors” to the non-working device, which may already be working at this point. This will ensure that the non-working device also gets a complete picture of its neighbors.
3 Likes

Yes to both. I’ve had it sitting there for 3 days untouched now.

I also tried something that has previously solved this for me:

go to the device screen… Advanced → commands

1. choose “Replace Failed” (this wipes the device configuration but does not remove the device itself)
  2. Hard Power cycle device
  3. choose “Configure node right now”

That’s usually how I do it for “portable” z-wave switches and haven’t had any issues to date.

For fixed devices, I would normally add my Laptop + z-stick into the network and include the device using my laptop - I haven’t tried this as I must confess it didn’t occur to me.

I’ll try your suggestions tonight.

I will confess that these days I get to understand all of these steps because I am using z-way as a zwave configuration tool. When I send a neighbor node update command, I can see from the command queue if the device received the command and if it did, what it is doing and when it is done along with what neighbors it came up with. All things which are very obscure in the vera unless you go dig into verbose logs after the fact. So I completely concur with @rigpapa’s recommendations. Put the device in its’ final location, bring your controller to it for inclusion. If it is already included, run an nnu on it’s immediate neighbors and on itself. It should heal your network around that device.

Another good tool to use is the silabs PC controller which is the new version of the old zensys tool. It is not as user friendly and only runs on windows.

No more black magic of waiting for things to happen overnight. It is actually pretty straightforward communication and mesh building/device configurations.

1 Like

This currently makes no difference - but I’ll remove the device and try Patrick’s recommendations.

Before removing the device, try sending an “update neighbors” to a working neighbor near the non-working device. This is key. Then try an update on the non-working device. Only if that doesn’t work should you remove the device and start over.

Thanks Patrick, unfortunately I have done exactly this without result so next step is to remove the device and start over.