Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin

In the MIOS Market Place for easy install

[url=http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=6916]MiOS Apps

Rate and Review please :slight_smile:

gladly left! camera name ‘index’ is a great bonus. I’ve added one with that name just for overview purposes so I can see all my cams in one go.

That’s great :slight_smile: How is the motion sensor setup going for everyone anything i can do to make it easier?

Installed and working great with my Blue Iris integration. I did have to adjust the Webserver → Authentication setting to “Non-Lan only” to get it to work.

I NEED HELP…
I can’t get the cams working in UI5 however they work great in blue iris. When I go to create device after loading the .xml, do I enter the local ip address of the blue iris server or the WAN address?
That may be my problem…??

[quote=“cfnardone, post:45, topic:181819”]I NEED HELP…
I can’t get the cams working in UI5 however they work great in blue iris. When I go to create device after loading the .xml, do I enter the local ip address of the blue iris server or the WAN address?
That may be my problem…??[/quote]

I entered the local address. Make sure you are entering the port too. It should look like IP:PORT

You have to use the local IP address (NOT the WAN address) as even if you are remote, you are accessing Blue Iris locally via Vera. Also make sure to put in the correct port number for the Blue Iris webserver.

Thanks Mike and BOFH.
I entered the LAN:port as instructed and still no luck. (10.0.0.12:82) (i have port forwarding of ports 80 to 82 to 10.0.0.12 if that helps)

I have made sure to change authentication in the blue iris web server settings to non-local only.
I have enabled the anonymous account in blue iris users.

Have you watched the install video. I don’t think it gets much easier than that

UT-
I did follow the video as well as the written instructions uninstalling and reinstalling several times to make sure.
BTW, thanks so much for your hard work and generosity sharing with us all…

[quote=“cfnardone, post:48, topic:181819”]Thanks Mike and BOFH.
I entered the LAN:port as instructed and still no luck. (10.0.0.12:82) (i have port forwarding of ports 80 to 82 to 10.0.0.12 if that helps)

I have made sure to change authentication in the blue iris web server settings to non-local only.
I have enabled the anonymous account in blue iris users.[/quote]

Hold on. Ignore the port forwarding. Input the exact IP address and port as set on the Blue Iris server.

If you are on the same network as your Blue Iris and Vera boxes are on. In a web browser, type that IP followed by : and the port#, eg if the IP of the Blue Iris box is 10.10.1.2 and the port is 80, type in http://10.10.1.2:80

If you get the Blue Iris camera screen, then you have entered the right IP and port and make sure to enter that in the device in Vera and it should work.

If you do not get the Blue Iris camera screen, then you are either using the incorrect IP and/or port. Or the webserver on your Blue Iris box is not activated or correctly setup.

If you’re certain you’ve entered the lan port correctly, two other things to check. Make sure you can access blue iris from an outside network. If not, something isn’t set up right. Also, make sure you’re entering the camera name in the right field. These were the two things which tripped me up. Embarrassed to admit the second!

I’ve noticed when you create a device using the plugin, it defaults to camera name index which is actually a mosaic of all your camera’s.
But yes, you have to be careful putting in the correct camera name

[quote=“BOFH, post:53, topic:181819”]I’ve noticed when you create a device using the plugin, it defaults to camera name index which is actually a mosaic of all your camera’s.
But yes, you have to be careful putting in the correct camera name[/quote]

Yes, as well as putting it in the actual camera name field… :slight_smile: Like I said, embarassing!

I updated the install instructions for installing via mios app store just in case their is any confusion. I will make an install video later.

Anyone using the motion triggering from blue iris to vera, looking for some feedback on that.

My motion sensors are working great, no issues for me. I have have one small request, to add a battery field so that I can manually set it for 100 since all my devices are plugged in cameras. On my IOS app it shows battery level for all my motion sensors and the current build of the blue iris sensor shows up with zero battery…it just looks odd on my iOS screen…to have the drained battery symbol instead of a full battery symbol for these plugged in devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What app are you using? cause i don’t see battery levels in iVera or Automator in ios

What app are you using? cause i don’t see battery levels in iVera or Automator in ios[/quote]

Simplewave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn i can’t even get simple wave to sign on to my vera lol keeps saying server busy and when in the app just freezes

Same here, there has been an issue with the log on starting last night on and off all day. mark the simplewave developer says vera servers are having issues. On devices that I was previously logged on too, it works but if I try to sign in fresh to update or reload app and sign in, then I get stuck on the splash screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk