Vera Concierge Smart Home

I ran into this issue today, as well as back in January or February, can’t remember when, but around the time I first set it up. I was adding Vera Concierge to the Google Home app on my Android (Galaxy S8), and it would point me to the login page for Vera Concierge, I’d login, then after it attempted to add it, it would then give me the “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection” message. What I did to get it to finally work was to clear my Vera Account in the web interface of Vera Concierge server, perform an update and restart, pushed update to cloud, and force synced. Then I added my Vera account back to the web interface of the Vera Concierge server, synced, pushed to cloud, force synced and tried again, this time it worked. I did all the forced sync’s to be safe, but they probably weren’t needed, but better safe than sorry.

Hope this helps someone, let me know if it does so I know if it actually helped, and not that I just got lucky.

Hi Again,

This issue still persists in the 3rd week of April and nothing has changed since early February? Every time I try to connect I simply get “oops something went wrong, please try again” I have tried EVERYTHING from this thread and others. I have two Vera’s so I tried unlinking our new VeraPlus with 200+ devices so there just one Vera left with only a few devices to keep it simple. I factory reset and fully updated our old Vera3 and repurposed so I can voice control my audio receiver with my Broadlink and wanted to be able to unlock the front door with my voice to let friends in. I thought that Richards solution here gave me this functionality whereas the Alexa integration did not permit locks. Now I am confused, so Richard, should I be able to unlock my front door with my voice if I am ever able to be successful in setting this up?

I did discover one issue last night that I think only Richard can solve. I have bidirectional connectivity on both local server and your veraconciergeappspot page, however, on my local server config page in the column “Last Vera Data Update”, the date is listed as Dec 31st 1969 at 7pm. I’m going to take a wild crazy guess and say that’s not correct. I just don’t know how to fix that. My Vera3 has both concierge files in the locations they are supposed to be and as I mentioned I have been through the troubleshooting so many times I can’t keep count and it all works until the account linking stage. I need help!

@Ryanoc75. Looking on my local server my vera update is current to today’s date. Since yours is not, I am thinking this is a symptom of an underlying problem…duh

I had some issues getting connectivity. I understand your frustration. In my case, it is hard to nail down what was causing the issue. Is it possible that a firewall setting is causing the connectivity test to work but the firewall “rule” that you set up only allows one way connectivity?

Just a wild guess.

When I tried connectivity, I also had to do this through an “incognito” window of my browser. It just would NOT work using google chrome in its normal format.

Hey Inzax

Thanks for sharing your suggestions, unfortunately for me I have tried all the same as you have. I get proper bidirectional connectivity but obviously, the data bit isn’t reaching the server. I’ve turned my firewall on that laptop off completely for now until I’m able to get this thing to work properly. I’ve also tried three different browsers and even installed XAMPP which did help me get connectivity initially.

There’s obviously an issue and I have spent far, far too much time troubleshooting to keep guessing so I am hoping that Richard happens upon my post and has some pointed suggestions to get me up and running. I’ve bought licenses for all of his wonderful plugins x2 units so hopefully, he can help restore my sanity easily.

FWIW

Installed vera concierge on a raspberry pi - in my case simply had to create a subdirectory, download the java app into that, and run the app (and once I was sure that it wasn?t causing any issues, I also modified the startup on the ?pi so it always runs). Oh, I also had to add in the local ip address into my hosts file.

I then was able to go to the local web page (https://myraspi:8989/) add in my vera details to access it, and update & restart. Went into ?custom settings? and selected ?ignore all? to all the devices I did not want to be able to control. I then associated everything with my google account - using chrome on my macbook from that local web page.

I was then able to control my lights again using my google home(s)! Yay! I had previously been using the ha bridge which had died due to the requirement to now authenticate against the Philips cloud.

Thanks Richard - have registered my copy now!

Then I tried my Broadlink RM Pro. It had stopped working some time ago, but I?d not bothered to do anything about it as I really wanted to control my 315mhz projector screen which my RM Pro version couldn’t do. Just to test I reset it to defaults and connected it back onto my network - had issues doing it, but finally managed to do it via my iPad rather than my android ?phones, weird but likely an issue with the app itself. I was then able to learn IR codes via the concierge web interface. I couldn?t learn RF codes, but that is probably because I need to use the ?Sweap frequency? command (yes, ?sweap?) to record the only 433mhz remote (for a fireplace) I have.

I can see that concierge saves the codes in a file called “BroadlinkCommandSets.json” so I then:
Recorded the RF codes in the ?e-Control" app (not ?eWeLink?)
From the app chose ?share? then ?share to other phones in WLAN?
Opened web browser to http://192.168.0.67:48815/
That then downloaded a zip file with a number of files in it, specifically jsonButton, jsonlrCode and jsonSublr.

I am now at the stage of working out how to transfer the codes into Concierge, although I might wait until I arrange to get a new RM Pro that does 315mhz… :wink:

…and noticed that the file “BroadlinkDevices.json” had “SupportsRF”: false → changed that to true and could then see the “record RF” button. Tried it, but wasn’t able to save RF commands. I might stop mucking around now until I get that new RM Pro. :wink:

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:38, topic:198382”]In Google Home app

1. Go to “Home Control” menu
  2. Click the “+” at the bottom of the page
  3. Select Vera Concierge Smart Home
  4. Link using the Google account you used with the Vera Concierge Cloud server.[/quote]

Hi Richard,

First of all thank you for the app, I am trying to get it to work and have the vera concierge working on a computer 24/7 and I have my account linked to my google home account.

1. Downloaded and installed Java and Vera Concierge, they appear to be working as I can go directly yo the vera concierge web page.
  2. Went into the Google home app and added Vera Concierge as above and it tells me the account is linked.
    I however don’t see anything other than the Vera Concierge webpage on my computer (can’t see the veras), how do I link the vera to that account or is this automatic? I do not have a button that tells me to test conductivity. I figure I have missed a setup along the way, can you help?
    Thanks

What browser are you using ? Try using Chrome.

At the top of the page:
https://localhost:8989

You need to enter the Remote Access credentials in order to find your Veras.

Hi Richard,

The issue was with Java, everything the computer restarted I need to restart Java. I have also purchased a license, how will I receive the code? I haven’t seen anything yet.

Thanks

Hi Richard,

i am currently getting this message.
There was a problem.
Connected to Vera, but secure connection required.

No handler

You probably have a firewall…

What platform are you running ConciergeServer on ?
On windows it uses nsm (it embeded in the jar file) to restart the Concierge server when the computer restarts.
On OSX, Linux Variants, it uses there native capabilities to restart the Concierge server when the computer restarts.

You need to look at the Debugging thread … and go through the installation/debugging steps.

Hi Richard,

I am running Windows 10 and I have restarted the computer and concierge. I have connection with the Google Home however no connection with the Vera. Confirmed the Google Home by having the text to speech tab, it worked… The Vera Home Automation Hub is listed but no devices showed up.

Thanks

Hi Richard,

When I check the connectivity on my Vera Plus it doesn’t work, I get the message
Can’t talk to Local Vera Concierge Server
Check the Connectivity on the Local Concierge Server.

When I check the connectivity on the Vera 3, not the default Vera only my test vera.

I get the following message
Successful connectivity to your Vera and the local concierge.

What am I doing wrong?

I have just done two setups, one with a raspberry pi and one with windows 10 and both are now working perfectly after setup issues.

Ensure that whatever your PC name is on the network that you add it and its ip address in the hosts file. (must be on the same network as vera)
eg. 192.168.0.1 newzwaver-pc
This goes for both raspberry and windows.
Ensure that you are using Google Chrome!! this also goes for raspberry and windows (no other browsers work as some of the buttons required to save cloud data don’t appear).

I added the ports used by concierge server in windows firewall just incase.

Hope this helps.

[quote[
I get the following message
Successful connectivity to your Vera and the local concierge

[quote]
This means that the Vera Concierge can initiate a conversation with your vera. This means it has the correct account login credentials.
Next the Vera try’s to initiate a conversation back to the Vera. NOTE it is NOT replying to the previous request … it is starting a NEW conversation.
It is failing because your the PC that Vera Concierge is running has a FIREWALL that is blocking the new connection from your Vera.

I have two veras the one I don’t have setup with Concierge that is the one I can get connectivity on the one I have set up will not.

Have you gone through the DEBUG checklist … step for step …
You can also look at the Log file on the Local Concierge Server while you are experiencing problems.

I’m sorry to say that I’ve given up on Vera. I switched over to Homeseer, it’s a bit more to setup, but well worth it. It works better than Vera and seems more stable. It worked with Google home out of the box.
I gave the Vera a few years and it worked ok, but time to move on.

Thanks for the support here!

Hi. On the Vera Concierge download page (http://veraconcierge.com/web/GettingStarted), the following message appears: Google has temporarily removed the Concierge Agent !. If I want to download “Download ConciergeServer.jar”, there is an error, see the attachment. I have a paid license since last year. What can I do? THX.

Sorry … fixed … I double clicked a checkbox instead of single clicking a checkbox … that cause the problem. Only effected new users.