Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)

Second this one! Would vote for it if it was in the list! (and it seemed to go un-noticed on page 1)

Skybell. This would be HUGE.

1 Like

Second this one! Would vote for it if it was in the list! (and it seemed to go un-noticed on page 1)[/quote]

That is a must have…Don’t know how I missed it as well.
Sorin can the voting limit be raised…please

Another addition would be Doorbird.

[quote=“Sorin, post:60, topic:199859”]…
Of course, all additional devices reported in this thread will be logged in the system. ALL your devices proposals are important to us.[/quote]

Just don’t try to do too many at once. I am sure most people would like a few additions that work well, vs many additions that are half baked.

@zedrally - melih has a saying - “if it flies it should work with Vera” - so, even if not in the main Poll it will be analyzed for integration with the same priority as any other device. The main poll is constructed based on what we know that people are looking for mirrored by real numbers and requests we’ve got into our CC dept. And we’re trying to get some focused and relevant data.

@ndstate - our newly reinvigorated R&D team will make sure we deliver and with the influx of resources “half-baked” is not in our roadmap. 8)

Are you talking about RFXTRX or Doorbird?

RFX is the best way to get 433 devices into vera, which gives us sensors at a very low cost… The plugin is working well, but such essential capabilities should be supported internally, not by volunteer developers.

Are you talking about RFXTRX or Doorbird?

RFX is the best way to get 433 devices into vera, which gives us sensors at a very low cost… The plugin is working well, but such essential capabilities should be supported internally, not by volunteer developers.[/quote]
After deployment of rfx I discovered that the much less expensive broadlink Rf will also handle 433 I believe

Added rfxtrx

Don’t forget to vote 8). The first poll report will be pushed to R&D, tomorrow.

I use Emby Media Server and Kodi client devices.

Plex is popular as well.

There is some integration with Vera and Kodi already there is a plugin called KodiRemote, two parts an add-on for Kodi itself and a plugin for Vera.

The playback status of Kodi can then be monitored e.g. Stopped /Paused / Playing etc to then be able to trigger actions in Vera for example to control your lights.

I wrote about the KodiRemote plugin here on my blog.

There was also another project for Kodi to add a Vera control GUI in to Kodi / TV screen. Great idea but had some issues and was never fixed. I wrote about that one here.

I just voted for BroadLink RM Pro for IR and RF devices, Ring Video Doorbell (and other popular makes of video doorbell should be supported) and RFXCOM for RF 433mhz device support.

Also maybe Netatmo thermostat and weather station, but couldn’t vote for more than three.

Logitech Harmony was also on the list that already has a brilliant 3rd party plugin that won’t be beaten so unless you use that plugin as is then no point doing your own native integration.

EDIT

A new RFXCOM USB transciever device was released recently.
https://www.vesternet.com/rfxtrx433xl-usb-433-92-mhz-transceiver-with-antenna

To clarify there is a plugin in Emby server for Vera, works similar to the KodiRemote plugin for Vera, where Emby client devices and their playback status can be monitored to trigger things in Vera like lights.

However it’s one way, there is no Emby plugin for Vera where you could add Emby client device instances into the Vera GUI. And control the playback of those Emby client devices from Vera. That’s not currently possibly as there is no plugin.

However you can send some http commands from Vera to Emby server, I was messing about with that the other month here.

Although it sounds like “Rigpapa” is developing a plugin currently.

Personally… what I think should be done.

Fix the issues with the existing devices. then worry about adding more.
Fix the UI so it runs properly and is not a complete resource hog.

Work on the current code. Make the current devices work properly. and make the UI stable and not so flaky. I think you would see greater appreciation from the users by doing that then adding more devices/functionality that is not going to have issues because the problems with the core code have still yet to be fixed.

All you will get from that is more angry people because yet another thing does not work correctly.

There should be an option on your poll for this.

Fix the integration of Fibaro products.
Many of the more advanced are poorly supportet.

Thanks, everyone. [glow=red,2,300]BUT KEEP IT COMING![/glow]

We captured Week 1 of this poll. The poll is still opened!
I have added a few more mentioned devices to the poll list. You can vote up to three devices or dump the points one device.

NOTE:
It is appreciated to keep it on-topic and refer only to connected/cloud devices.
Please use the other topics to talk about other types of devices and keep this one clean and tidy.

Agreed ! (unfortunately I voted before this was on the list)

Does Vera IOS app fall under connected cloud device that I would like to see working correct?
VeraMobile by MiOS (iOS)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24007&share_tid=35437&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.micasaverde.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D35437&share_type=t

onvif camera please ! 8)

opensprinkler please.
They have a well documented API.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Btw, can we also get a better Weather API used by Vera? Yahoo is complete rubbish, it’s slow and wildly inaccurate! for me it usually lags by at least 3 degrees Centigrade making it useless for weather based Scenes.

I’m using Wunderground atm but it’s got issues such as the plugin locks up every couple of days and the API keys can no-longer be acquired.

Accuweather would be a much better choice imo! I’d happily pay $10 a year for accurate weather data for my Vera!

1 Like

Is “Honeywell Evohome” included?