Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)

GC100
And for multimedia, Plex

Good morning Folks,

There is one thing I would really like.

Like to have the ability to control my Vera Plus remotely, let me explain, a couple of years back while vacationing my Vera Plus went offline, most likely due to a power failure, I was not able to reboot the system, which rendered Vera inaccessible.

If someone has any suggestion on either a device or method to reestablish contact or reboot Vera remotely, I’m all ears.

Thanks
Dom

Please entertain the prospects of this device.

It is a network based alarm system already working with ST and a few others.

Hi, thanks fr the opportunity of voting, but what about NEO Coolcam devices? I don’t see them in the list.

Regards

[quote=“poordom, post:42, topic:199859”]Good morning Folks,

There is one thing I would really like.

Like to have the ability to control my Vera Plus remotely, let me explain, a couple of years back while vacationing my Vera Plus went offline, most likely due to a power failure, I was not able to reboot the system, which rendered Vera inaccessible.

If someone has any suggestion on either a device or method to reestablish contact or reboot Vera remotely, I’m all ears.

Thanks
Dom[/quote]
Hi.
You could use a separate network power control device like the Wemo but what if your modem and or router are down? You could use a wireless ISP for a network backup but now things are getting messy and expensive.
https://express.google.com/u/0/product/7363662481656567615_5352793716168755219_1327510?mall=Nevada&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx

or you could…
Plug in your router/modem/Vera into a 24 hour timer only when you are away for extended periods. It will turn the power off and then back on once every 24 hours so even if your modem and or router are down they should reset and come back online within a 24 hour period at most.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-By-Go-Green-24-Hour-Plug-In-Timer-GG-36011/206528654?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D27E|27-2_WIRING_DEVICES|NA|PLA|71700000034239053|58700003946878363|92700031954447748&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrszdBRDWARIsAEEYhrc0R8_iRn7uA2D3jvj0XFGMZ00NhatXBhftYMLY7WwW26azSokZVggaAvg9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CPvNgo2Q6N0CFUraZAod5pMHoA

Here are some with surge suppressor and multiple outlets on board.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16812106168
https://www.maxximastyle.com/electrical-accessories/8-outlet-power-strip-with-digital-timer-indoor-500-joules-surge-protector?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrszdBRDWARIsAEEYhrc1l8OWuK5FzMKjPFAXbKLehx-CPVUuLlnte-lrb_tnF_NCNPlwVTUaAhovEALw_wcB

I have yet to try this but it seems inexpensive and doable.
Short of getting a neighbor or friend to come over and check on things, I think this is your best bet.

Oh I forgot to mention.
Whenever I install a new unit, I create a scene to reboot the Vera nightly. It seems to keep the unit fresh and more ready for anything and may help with this problem.
the luup code is;
os.execute( ‘reboot’ )
Just create a scene to activate on a schedule and insert this luup code.

Meross

1 Like

Everyone is all about Plex and Kodi but Emby is superior and already has a Vera Plugin available. When SiliconDust rolled out PremiumTV Emby supported it in a matter of a day or two. Plex is still a PITA to set up and is half-baked forcing some random Comcast lineup that doesn’t exactly fit with the rest of the OTA lineup. Emby is by far way more customize-able and configurable too.

Mm, I wonder why no one has mentioned Hue yet ;D. Okay okay, it’s integrated already (Certified Partner even). But the plugin is incredibly unstable and lacks necessary features that AltHue does have. But of course, considering that we have AltHue, the need isn’t that high. What I’m trying to say is that half-ready plugins (and that don’t improve over time) is not really helping us much.

Other than that +1 on the Z-wave support, especially Neo Coolcam, Eurotronic Spirit.

I?m guessing Chamberlain MyQ includes the Liftmaster MyQ also? My garage is Liftmaster.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:4, topic:199859”]When Mark Shenker was with Vera he stated the Ring Video Doorbell would never have integration because Ring doesn’t allow any access to the video. Since most users here don’t consider Vera as a need for video monitoring with this type of device what you can expose is the motion sensor to trigger any scene.[/quote]Yes, this. I don’t care about the video, I just want to be able to trigger on motion and/or a ring so I can activate outdoor lighting and such.

Home Connect, please. A major European home appliance platform. See www.home-connect.com

Sorin/Melith, Can we have a seperate list for Z-Wave support rather than muddy the waters with all devices?

I’ve just started playing with a Neo Coolcam 4 button Key Fob, needless to say there is no native Z-Wave Integration, but ths request doesn’t fit into this thread.

+1 for rain machine

Reolink Argus 2 are great solar powered cameras with no cloud lock-in plans required that should also be considered. I have setup 2of these many months ago and never touched battery, would be great to be able to arm/disarm with the rest of the home automation.

Integration for Sonos is very inviting. However it depends upon how it is integrated. I have had to hack up the hell out of the current Sonos plugin to ensure my scenarios are covered. Namely text to speech and playback of local MP3 streams (from a local server).

I would much rather see the fine Vera folks provide this type of support but as plugins with source available. I am less interested in support built-in directly, but a professional and complete plugin would be fantastic.

Wouldn’t DNLA take care of most capable media players? I’ve been considering buying a “JRiver Id” for quite some time. You can also stream the audio to a Sonos speaker as a zone.
(https://jriver.com/Id/) From the website:
“You can use an Id as a stand-alone media computer, or as a basic HTPC, and control it with a phone. You can play to it as a DLNA Renderer, or from it as a DLNA Server. It can be a Backup Server. It’s small (about 4” wide) and low power (about 10 watts) so you can run it 24/7. It has the audio features of JRiver Media Center. The Id 300 and above also play video. It works with JRiver’s Media Network."
Since I don’t own one yet I can’t comment on how effective this would be, or how versatile the control would be, but it seems worth investigating.
Anyway, bottom line: DNLA would probably make a lot of sense.

This is great!

As someone mentioned possibly to speed up integration possibly work with current plugin developers and if the code is good enough migrate it over (e.g. Logitech plugin currently works well) and this would also allow for faster support for other items by then being able to focus on devices with limited, deprecated or no support.

Items that should also be on that list
Kodi Kodi Kodi Kodi. Probably the most common DIY media front end and even those that use Plex and Emby often use Kodi as the front end
Emby
DLNA / Announcement option
Xaiomi products such as the Mi Robot Vacuum
Victron Solar Reg/Monitors

The developers at dreamscreen are currently in the process of building (delivery end of this year) a new integrated product to handle communication and automation linkage with home automation systems like Samsung smart things etc. I don?t think Vera is on the current supported list but it would be great to see this functionality.
They don?t list the new product on their site yet but contact details can be gather if required/desired
https://www.dreamscreentv.com

Since I haven’t found, so smart vacuum cleaners

Sorin/Melith, Can we have a seperate list for Z-Wave support rather than muddy the waters with all devices?

I’ve just started playing with a Neo Coolcam 4 button Key Fob, needless to say there is no native Z-Wave Integration, but ths request doesn’t fit into this thread.[/quote]

There will be a dedicated poll for Z-Wave/Zigbee devices. This one is just for Cloud devices.
Of course, all additional devices reported in this thread will be logged in the system. ALL your devices proposals are important to us.