Xiaomi Aqara stuff Works Natively

My Humidity and Temperature sensor has been working fine for weeks and now it’s just stopped updating and the temp and humidity values are stuck and never change or update.

How to fix?

This happened to my sensor after firmware update. i just re-inculded the device again and has been working fine since.

As in exclude the device and include it again ?

yes, i just started inclusion process, at first attempt it failed and vera gave option to exclude. I click continue and the device then included.

if you are able to open a backup and inspect the file, you’ll probably be able to see the differences between the variables. I don’t have a ZigBee device to look at, but for Zwave it’s usually a matter of broken capabilities and restore them is enough.

1 Like

I believe it broke and stopped updating its values before I even did the firmware update.

That’s why I keep a monthly backup :slight_smile:

If you remember when it stopped working, you can go back in time and find it.

I tried this and worked except it tells me “Waiting for wakeup to configure device…” Will keep reading here to find the fix!

post your variables.
lastconfigstep should be 13

I too have mixed succes with the square aqara temp/humidity sensors. Got one fully up and running.

Another one pairs fine, makes the child devices and gets readings, but tries to configure all the time.
Never goes beyond LastConfigStep 11
Changing that to 13 manually and setting Configures variable to 1, does not seem to do the trick.

I guess configuration needs to succeed immediately when adding the sensor. The trick (keep pressing button every 1-2 seconds) is no guarantee. It needs some refining.

I noticed you can keep the sensor awake longer if you constantly change temperature/humidity (like breathe and blow on it). Awake as in it will update values to vera every few seconds. But I guess that will not really help in the configuration process.

Strangly enough I have a aqara mini switch, which kept going from configured 1 to -2, I kept having to press the inclusion button till it re configure. I got board of doing that so just left it alone for a couple of weeks. One day it just auto configured on its own and has been fine since.

I’ve been tinkering some more, got a step further:

So sensor is paired and child devices are created.
I then went to ALTUI and on the parent device I changed the Configured value to 1 and saved. Immediately after that I reloaded the LUUP engine.
Then I changed the LastConfigStep to 13.

Now It seems to stay at that. Even after rebooting the Vera.

Maybe worth a try for someone ? Please post back.

Cant someone make a small simple step guide how to get xiaomi to work ? i have tried some but i always end up with the device not making updated values after a few days.

regards
/Micke

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.