Xiaomi Aqara Temperature sensor

Does anybody succesfully tried those sensors?
the are very cheap and also good looking and small.

Regards

I’ve really liked all the Xiaomi sensors I bought recently from aliexpress (motion, temp, door, etc). They are so cheap! I’ve basically converted to using my VeraPlus simply as a ZWave gateway and then using HomeAssistant in a docker on an old laptop. The Xiaomi motion sensors going through the Xiaomi gateway, and then into HomeAssistant is still more responsive than all 3 of my other native ZWave motion sensors at a third of the price of a single ZWave sensor. YMMV of course but I’ve really enjoyed tinkering with HomeAssistant and being able to expand my home automation stuff on the cheap.

Will they work with the Vera natively???

No

You can plug a ZiGate dongle : http://zigate.fr/
and install plugin : GitHub - vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway: (Deprecated) ZiGate gateway for the Vera

As said cmille34, these little devices work very well.

Doesn’t look like you can get a ZiGate in the USA. Anyone know of an importer of them?

[quote=“vosmont, post:5, topic:198969”]You can plug a ZiGate dongle : http://zigate.fr/
and install plugin : GitHub - vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway: (Deprecated) ZiGate gateway for the Vera

As said cmille34, these little devices work very well.[/quote]

Vosmont, your solution seems very clever. Technically speaking, zigbee devices are created as child devices and then mapped normally in scenes, etc. Am I correc?
Is the response from zigbee devices instant?

Thanks.

Yes, the Zigbee equipments are seen as normal devices on the Vera.
You can use them as the Zwave devices.

Wow, I’ll think about this system. Zigbee devices are so cheap that it could be worthwhile to add this support.
Thanks.

One says yes, the other says no. What does one need to be able to use these sensors with a Vera Plus? I don’t mind adding hardware to be able to use a less expensive sensor. Besides, the few Zigbee sensors I have now seem more reliable than the Z-Wave ones they replaced…

Vosmont mentioned the ZiGate dongle to connect the ZigBee devices to Vera and there is a plugin available. Alas for me, ZiGate doesn’t appear to ship to the US. Otherwise I would have already ordered one. I know it is possible to get a ZigBee dongle here, the problem is writing a plugin for it. I don’t know if there is anything special in the ZiGate that couldn’t be easily replicated with other dongles - for example, the Linear HUSBZB-1. It may be that the magic in the ZiGate is that they have figured out the Xiaomi protocol and embedded it.

Or you can go the Xiaomi gateway route. I’m looking a bit into that as well.

Or move to France to get the ZiGate…

[quote=“vosmont, post:5, topic:198969”]You can plug a ZiGate dongle : http://zigate.fr/

As said cmille34, these little devices work very well.[/quote]

Vera Plus is supposed to handle ZigBee natively…

Alas, Vera Plus has very poor ZigBee support. Which is why many of us are looking at alternatives such as ZiGate.

How Do we get this zigate in USA? I was looking at their site although there is no contact-us link. I can add a zigate to the shopping cart although I’m not sure if I can check out.

Vosmont- Do you have ability to order these? Maybe you would be willing to proxy purchase these for some of us?

What is the Xiaomi hub that was mentioned? I’m familiar with other Xiaomi products such as fitness bands which I own several of but just discovered their range of home sensors and would like to get some but it looks like I need either a zigate or xiaomi hub.

It is confirmed that the veraplus zigbee is problematic? Does it not work natively with Xiaomi sensors?

Look for this on Amazon: “Xiaomi Mi Smart WiFi Remote Control Multi-functional Router Multi-functional Gateway”. No Vera support that I’m aware of. SmartThings and Domiticz have plugins, so it must not be impossible to write a plugin.

OpenHAB has native support for ZigBee- since I also run OH on my RPi, I’m a bit tempted to buy the HUSBZB-1 and bridge the sensors over to Vera.

I wouldn’t wait for Vera, see: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38994.msg343536.html#msg343536

Alas, Vera Plus has very poor ZigBee support. Which is why many of us are looking at alternatives such as ZiGate.[/quote]

You gave me a really bad news… i bought Vera Plus just be cause of The zigbee support :frowning:
I might sent it Back to Amazon and eventually take The cheaper one.

Regards

There are quite a few things that work well, problem is there are too many variables to Zigbee. They don’t all use the same (or any) standard.

Well, after reading many post and complains about Vera ZigBee support, I still wonder why there is no support for some devices.
I’m in Europe, so the market might be different from outher countries, but I think the most spread ZigBee devices are Philips Hue, Ikea Tradfri (or how you spell it!!!) and eventually Xiaomi (there are very, very cheap devices that seems to work well!!!).

If I could set priorities I would start from Xiaomi…

Hi,
Reading the forum, few days ago I have bought a ZiGate device.
I see the device in the VeraPlus dashboard, but the problem is that I cannot discover my Aqara Sensors.
I have installed this plugin: GitHub - vosmont/Vera-Plugin-ZiGateGateway: (Deprecated) ZiGate gateway for the Vera

When I click on “Inclusion” button, nothing happens.
Please advice.
Thank you

Are you following the directions on the actual device itself to include it? Clicking on include doesn’t do anything if there’s no device looking to join the network. I only ask because you didn’t mention putting the device itself into pairing mode.