Fibaro RGBW Controller

the hex and decimal values should not be a problem to be mixed and use.
it should be parameter 14 = 2 byte dec 13107 OR 4 byte hex 3333.
the rest of the settings is taking 1 byte so parameter 72 should be 1 byte dec and next column 1.
parameter 73 1 byte dec and next column 1. etc for the RGBW ledstrip parameter 6: 1byte dec next column 0.
sorry if i wasnt perfectly clear… normally its 1 byte decimal so i figured you’d got this :slight_smile:

edit:
ok i tested it and program works :slight_smile:

to get it going:

-set the settings as per the picture i made and wait for vera to finish and then RELOAD (button right top) the UI5 and after press F5 on the browser where UI5 is shown
-forget about the triple click action… doesnt work or it needs all IN1-4 connected… used a wire so i can only set 1 at a time and that aint work…
-then set the parameter 72 to 1 byte dec 10 and press SAVE (right top in UI5) and dont touch anything and wait for miracle to happen.
-as soon as you touch a slider/dimmer or on/off switch in the UI5 for the RGBW device it wil stop the program
-to start program you have to change the parameter and press save again… sucks, so we need a LUA command for it. allthough i wonder if this going to help we can try at least if it does work.
found :
[url=http://192.168.1.5:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1&action=VariablesGet]http://vera-ip:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&&DeviceNum=103&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1&action=VariablesGet[/url]
doesnt work… invalid service
[url=http://192.168.1.5/port_3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=103&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1&action=SetOnEffectLevel&newOnEffectLevel=10]http://vera-ip:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=103&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1&action=SetOnEffectLevel&newOnEffectLevel=10[/url] doesnt work either
anyone an idea ? ::slight_smile:

notes:
only programs 6 to 10 seem to work… 1-5 does nothing…
works also with standardsettings parameter 14 2byte dec 4369 so you could try to just add the parameter 72 1byte dec 10 and save
if you happen to do a z-wave heal with Re-configure all the devices when done on, it will automaticly start the program set on parameter 72. does not happen with auto-heal every night. (better remove the parameter when done playing with it or turn this setting off in setup>z-wave settings > repair… in the UI5 if you use manual heal a lot)

Thanks again for your reply ! And special thanks for taking the time to clearly explain things.

It works ! Thanks to your firsy reply , I was so close to success but needed a second help to get it work.
I’ve just changed program number (param72) to something above 5 and now it’s works… (screenshot of last post still representative except param72)

Putting all dimmer to 100% then red on 0% was not necessary.
The LED strip was already ON on custom white color at low intensity.
Can’t test more now because the room is busy…

Agree with you, next step is to find a LUA command to start the program…

Also agree with hek, my first though was to put the police program when intrusion alarm start.

Have a nice WE !

no problem. i sometimes forget that not all people understand the tech-talk i use and its not that obvious if you dont know the system.
the police program nr 10 is indeed a good addition to the alarm and i like to have this too. it seems not that easy as it requires changing parameter which in turn makes the vera reload and forget about the alarm that was running :frowning: i think it should be implemented in vera in the device implementation file (zwave_products_sys.xml) as this method of changing the parameter probably not going to work like we want it .
there is also an option to have it running with the alarm class implementation of the device… never got to try this but it should be something like setting parameter 30 to 3 (38 and 39 are standard good values) and put the rgbw controller device nr in a group in another alarm supporting device ala the doorsensor or motiondetector . so for a fibaro doorsensor it would be : open a doorsensor devicesettings… add group 1 > put device ID of rgbw controller in the groupsetting, set parameter 5 to 0 and parameter 13 to 3 and hope it works. im not sure if it actually needs a group if you set it to “broadcast” function, seems to work without mesh-network so that means it should just send a signal to every device in range bypassing the vera. every device within range and having the possibility of reacting on a alarm frame should then respond with the alarm class sequence.

i was poking around in luup stuff and found this piece of code works sorta if you make a scene and add this luup code to it:

luup.variable_set( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1', 'ConfiguredVariable', '6,1d,0,14,2d,4369,72,1d,10,73,1d,1,8,m,', 103 )
luup.variable_set( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1', 'VariablesSet', '6,1d,0,14,2d,4369,72,1d,10,73,1d,1,8,m,', 103 )

the last number 103 being the RGBW controller device ID, in my case 103. so change that to your device.
the only thing is for it to work you have to reconfigure the device and it will start the program.
didnt get it to work straight away, also not after a reload. :frowning:
so i guess this requires some implementation on a lower level.

Have you tried using the Reconfigure under Scenes->Advanced for the RGBW device?

@hek : Thanks, the Reconfigure action from the advanced scene tab is working.

I will now try to combine it with Da_JoJo luup code.

@DA_JoJo : certainly a noob question but why are you using two lines ? ConfiguredVariable and VariablesSet ?
And also, why are you also setting parameters6. I never modified this parameters. My param14 is still on 3333 and everyting works.
Normal lightning and programs (manual launch with the problem that if Vera decide to configur this device, I will get the police program.)
So, after getting any program scenario, param73 must be set to 0 to avoid accidental launch.

Thanks for your contribution.

Sorry to flood the topic but I’m wondering if it’s possible to make a “fake rgbW” strip ?

I mean, combining a basic RGB strip and a basic white strip. Before fried up something, I prefer to ask if this diagram sounds ok ?

Thanks for your help !

Should be ok. Just check that you don’t override the current spec of the rgbw controller.

yup the “fake RGBW” should work as long as it is within the current the rgbw controller can handle.
i used both cause i found that the configured variable didnt get set (this is the variable used in the device options tab) when i use only the variablesset variable and this might cause the device not to configure ok.
if you use the standard parameters its enough to just set parameter 72, if you have it configured differently you would need to set parameter 14 as well. i use parameter 6 for alarm frame setting. probably it works also with:

luup.variable_set( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1', 'ConfiguredVariable', '14,2d,4369,72,1d,10,', DeviceID )
luup.variable_set( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1', 'VariablesSet', '14,2d,4369,72,1d,10,', DeviceID )

exchange the variable after 14,2d, to the number you need for your device for parameter 14
the one after 72,1d, to the program number you want
when you use default settings you can use only ‘72,1d,programnumber,’
no idea if it would make a difference if you would ommit the parameter 14 when set to 3333 allready.
nice find @hek . didnt expect to find it there in advanced scene setup :slight_smile:

edit:
neat ! seems to work ok.
make a new scene and put the code above in Luup section. then goto advanced section and add rgbwcontroller and set this to reconfigure. make a delay of how long you want it to flash. in the delay set rgbw controller to Off. save the scene. run the scene. be happy.
you could also put this in any alarm scene you might have had created.

Can someone summarise for me what you can successfully do with these on Vera please? It seems it would be somewhat of a mission to get these working in a way that allows you to control mood, dimming, etc directly from Vera? I wonder if anyone is working on a plugin for them yet (I would love to myself but as a total noob I am struggling with the basics let alone plugin writing ;D)

you can :
-add multiple sorts of lights to it. like bulbs, ledstrips, incandecent, fluorescent.
-dim these separate 4 channels or all with one dimmer.
-turn on/off these 4 channels or all in one.
-run 5 separate programs on the rgbw controller with the trick mentioned in posts above.
-control this from the vera itself
-attach 1-10 volt inputs to it. like rain,humidity,light,IR sensors to it. not visible in vera.
-use potentiometers to dim 4 channels or all in one. also not visible in vera
-use normal on/off switches to steer the 4 channels
-use another fibaro dimmer/shutter to control the rgbw controller
-control it with colorwheel from the remote im making for windows
-cannot connect a normal ledstrip controller to it as these often use 12v max output.
-connect up to 10m of ledstrip to it. more with amplifiers in between the ledstrips
no one is working on a plugin for it as this would require changing the z-wave config file for it to be able to use the colorwheel function. perhaps its possible to let the plugin control the 4 separate dimmers.
you could program different scenes to make use of different colorsettings in vera

That sounds like a bit of a limitation… what kind of driver will i need to run it then? I am struggling a bit with working out what I need to buy to set this up in a bathroom. Needs to be a waterproof driver and strip I guess? Any UK based people who might be able to recommend suppliers and equipment? Could I use something like this to drive 2 x RGBW controllers and LED strips?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-LED-Transformer-LED-Power-Supply-60w-or-100w-LED-Driver-IP67-12v-DC-CE-RoHS-/360638295039?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Lighting_Parts&var=&hash=item53f7b7abff

Thanks

depends on how long you make the rgbw ledstrips. i would use a IP68 waterproof version. look at the ledstrip wattage used and if its 12v version. most of the time in xx Watt/meter. so you can calculate the needed wattage. then get a power supply that can at least handle that wattage. with 6Amps version you can run about 5 meters of rgbw ledstrip.

I am still a bit confused by your comment about it not working with 12v, as the manual says it will work with 12v or 24v? Could you clarify please?

Thanks

i was talking about a separate controller INPUT device being a ledcontroller which has 12v OUTPUT to the inputs(IN1-IN4) of the fibaro rgbw controller. the fibaro can take 12A combined or 144W @12v, 288W @24v itself with a maximum of 6A for 1 channel, but that is the mainpower and not the part that controls the in- and outputs.
i.e. normal ledcontroller > fibaro input for control (IN1-4) > fibaro output to ledstrip.

I have an existing white only LED strip with this dimmer, which is hard wired to the LED strip after the transformer (so its 12V not 120V)

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Armacost-Lighting-2-in-1-LED-White-Dimmer-DIM2IN1-96W12V/203227246/

This is my power supply

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Armacost-Lighting-30-Watt-12-Volt-DC-LED-Lighting-Power-Supply-SLT30-12VL-UL/203227252/

What I want to know is, can I use the figaro controller with my Vera to control the on/off function and dimming of the led strip AND still be able to use the wall dimmer ? Can I wire the armacost dimmer into the figaro as an input? I know I would have to rewire the power input directly into the figaro.

If I can do this, where’s the best place to purchase the figaro controller?

this is great ;D, any ETA ?

(also hope someone will make colorwheel for android)

[quote=“DaveH28, post:76, topic:175646”]I have an existing white only LED strip with this dimmer, which is hard wired to the LED strip after the transformer (so its 12V not 120V)

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Armacost-Lighting-2-in-1-LED-White-Dimmer-DIM2IN1-96W12V/203227246/

This is my power supply

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Armacost-Lighting-30-Watt-12-Volt-DC-LED-Lighting-Power-Supply-SLT30-12VL-UL/203227252/

What I want to know is, can I use the figaro controller with my Vera to control the on/off function and dimming of the led strip AND still be able to use the wall dimmer ? Can I wire the armacost dimmer into the figaro as an input? I know I would have to rewire the power input directly into the figaro.

If I can do this, where’s the best place to purchase the figaro controller?[/quote]
you can do this only with a momentary switch directly on the rgbw controller.

this is great ;D, any ETA ?

(also hope someone will make colorwheel for android)[/quote]
its allready there :slight_smile: see here : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15583.0.html
currently still in development but i have been so nice to put a working version online.
for android ask garrett nicely, he might wanna add it : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,34.0.html

thanks!

there is a way to add fonts in additional languages ? because i see everything in gibberish ;D