Today we launch official Google Assistant compatibility for Vera!

My understanding from the GH team is that you’ll be able to use GH with Vera anywhere on the globe as long as the GH language is selected is English.

Of course this is only the start and the hard part as subsequent localisations will be the next step to do and will be easier to be supported.

1 Like

Only Vera Concierge appears in GH.
P.S.
Checking if there is a newer firmware version available

• You are running the latest version 1.7.4453*

What ??! … sorry, but maybe something escapes me.
Attention, I really appreciate the Vera system, also for the excellent service, but this thing of rejoicing in the Google Home on VERA system, I really don’t understand it;
It’s months , or maybe years, that other brands use GH …
I personally use IFTTT for the commands in Italian on Vera with my “GH mini” and now … the “exciting” news of the plugin on Vera comes out. … “only in English!” … and has problems too !!
Wait up! … it would be like rejoicing in a race for having arrived last and waving the wrong flag too! :fearful:
Please correct me if I’m wrong

@sorin things are in a much worse shape than you indicate.

My Veraplus located in Northern California states "You are running the latest version 1.7.4453 "

WTH ? You state that we need our Vera units to be on 1.7.4470. IS THIS FIRMWARE LEVEL EVEN AVAILABLE?

Where do you have this information from? I’m not sure if it’s present anywhere else other than the briefly slipped mention yesterday, through a post but corrected in less than two minutes.

As mentioned above in the QA: https://community.getvera.com/t/upcoming-linux-firmware-feedback-needed/209993/6?u=sorin , you are running the correct firmware.

Not for Vera 3 :cry:

@Sorin, this is still a bit unclear to me. In the Q&A it is suggested that some are able to use the service/app while others do not see the app in Google Home. Is my understanding correct? If so then what causes this? I’ am asking because of my Alexa experience for which I have to use a fake US address to be able to use the Vera skill (living in the Netherlands).

I am trying to follow your instructions to set this up, but I’m not able to do it. The plugin is installed and looks correct in my Vera. I then click on the link provided: https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/0000008f42ac8fb8?source=web

There I get to select “Send to device”, which I have tried (i.e. I send the “Vera plugin” to my GH device), and get different results. Sometimes my GH device said “Sorry I cannot help you with that”, sometimes “This device is not setup”, and sometimes nothing. Then there is the “Set up” button. When I click “Set up” i just get to the normal Google Home screen, where I can’t find anything if I search for Vera.

How do I do this?

You don’t. It won’t be available until they sort out the app with Google and it shows up as a service that can be linked within the Google Home app.

3 Likes

:red_circle:Indeed, please stand by as we wait for clarifications from Google, for the Vera Action installation to work.

Prereq:

• Have Google Home app installed and configured.
  • English language localization
  • Have VeraEdge/Plus/Secure with

I. Set up your Vera controller

1. Go to Login
  2. Log in with your account
  3. Connect to your controller
  4. Go to " Apps ", then " My apps "
  5. Find the " Google Home " plugin and install it

NOTE : You should do this for each controller you have under your account

II. Set up your Google Home App

Open Google Home app

1. Press “Add”

2. Press “Set up device”

3. Select “Have something already set up?”

4. Search for “Vera Smarter Home Control”

5. Select “Vera Smarter Home Control” Action

6. (It redirects you to the Vera portal) - Login with your Vera credentials

7. Add smart home devices

Quest hangs at this phase.
No “vera smarter home” exists.
When phone, Google assistant, etc switched to US English - no changes.

The same here:
No “vera smarter home” exists.
When phone, Google assistant, etc switched to US English - no changes.

The fact that the app here says “[test]” indicates that it is not publicly released and will only work from the account of the developer who built it and specific accounts he/she has shared it with.

Let’s wait please. Vera App is approved and Google will sort this out on their end. There’s no controversy here.
We’re having the same issues as you, and we’re using the developer account, hence the “test” app.

Thank you.

3 Likes

How about we stop aimlessly waiting and get on their case. You should be calling and emailing every hour. Their mistake is making your company look bad. Who’s the contact, PM me and I’ll call all day and night. All we’ve done is wait…and nothing is coming of it. They have more engineers working on the google search logo than your entire company; this should not take days to solve. Motivate them.

2 Likes

I’m so stupid today :slight_smile:
I can see Vera from my development droid device.

Indeed, stop writing empty posts that make us read them again and again …
Button on the chair?
Do not stop people from working.

If people would stop asking the same questions instead of reading the full thread and realize that the issue has been already been addressed perhaps Sorin would not have to repeat what he has already stated. Do not assume that you know what is going on behind the scenes. Hounding Google on the hour is not the answer and more likely will piss them off.

6 Likes

In Brazil, GH was recently launched and goes through adjustments, as most controllers and devices are in English, GH Brasil made it easier for us Brazilians, we have the option to rename the devices and commands to Portuguese.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: VeraAlerts alternative?