Today we launch official Google Assistant compatibility for Vera!

no vera smarter home control is visible yet in the GH list of devices to add in Canada.

ill keep reading posts to determine when it will be seen.

Oh…after 2+ years of following the IFTTT progression thread, we don’t really “assume” anymore, statements made mainly comes from experience. Don’t blame the users for having this experience.

4 Likes

Congrats on the launch a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this. For those of us that won’t use it can there be an open to uninstall the app ?. I’ve tried a few times but it seems to persist!.

Take a look at the ‘Don’t bundle apps’ thread.

C

Ability to uninstall will be introduced withe upcoming 7.30 firmware.

3 Likes

Still nothing.

So. Close…

Does the ability exist to do things FROM vera, like have vera scene to run a google routine or play pandora through a speaker group, etc?

Still no Vera in Google Home aside from the Concierge one…

Still no Vera option here. I’m in Australia.

Has anyone got this working or even see it in google home?

This was a bad announcement.

I know of NOBODY who can see the Vera option. I have two in two different states. Both are not showing the vera. I have also PM’d a number of other Vera users who report the same…no Vera Google Home option.

No Vera option in Sweden.

Feels like we’ve reached a point it’s safe to say it is available in… well, nowhere. Perhaps it’s time to share if you do see the Vera integration :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not that it is anything new, but this is the response from Vera Support this morning, “Actually we have already finished working on the integration with Google Home. But, we’re still waiting for Google to approve it and enable the connection from their side, so that our customers and their customers and start using it. However, since that’s part is Google’s job, we can’t stay for sure when it’ll be available.”

I’m not mad or anything, just excited, and am OK waiting however long, but I wish I could get a better (read: realistic) time-frame so I can adjust my expectations.

I am mad. The least one would expect before an announcement such as ‘Today we launched Google Assistant compatibility for Vera’ is that it was tested beforehand. And if even one person had tested it, they would have found out that it is not available from the Google side. It has now been 11 days since it is supposed to work. No word from Google, no word from Vera. Last time if was supposed to be ‘approved by Google’ was in April and it took several months until the next announcement, which was that Google had changed its specifications in the meantime and everything had to be redone…

4 Likes

Quick to announce and slow to deliver. I’m more concerned about what’s not being said. Clearly there’s more to the story than what we’re being given. Not sure it’s Google dragging their feet because it’s a mild HA competitor or Vera not doing their part efficiently. I’m leaning towards the latter, especially considering they failed to properly test it before announcing.

2 Likes

@jlind I agree with your comments and concerns, although I don’t quite understand the context of your statement that Vera might be a “mild HA competitor” to Google. As it seems to me, incorporation of Google Assistant into the Vera domain will expand the footprint of GA use.

Google has welcomed a plethora of connections with other apps, services and devices, which enhance and expand the use and acceptance of GA for everyday usage by more and more customers, so I don’t see any reason that Google might want to stall the process. I do understand that Google needs to be very careful to fully vet and test the connection.

I’ve been fortunate to have been able to get the same services, using Vera Concierge for over a year, first via Windows, then Raspberry Pi, and for most of that period via Synology, and it’s a part of my daily routine use with Vera. I don’t know if the app being native to Vera will be an improvement or not, for my use, but I hope others will soon be able to use it.

1 Like

It’s quite likely @jlind was thinking of the way “works with nest” is closing off from other ecosystems. Google was initially going to pull
The plug and break many things until the outcry got too loud. Now they are blocking new devices from using the works with nest integration and the duration of future support is still iffy

My two cents is that people will loose faith and start bailing this ship very soon. I for one will start looking for a replacement tomorrow. Everything is to slow. Updates, patches, new features.

1 Like

@Sorin any updates? The silence is deafening. Last told, this was going to be sorted in “a few days,” which most would take to mean 3 or so, but it’s been 6 since anything even remotely touching on this from Vera. I know the Atom is exciting and new, but I think long-standing customers deserve more feedback on an obvious issue like this. I am growing more doubtful every day this is an issue on Google’s side, a nearly $800 billion company probably has resources to address something as FUBAR as this. What’s the story?

2 Likes

How do I get rid of this bloatware?
I don’t want this, haven’t ordered it and do not consent.